View RSS Feed

scribbler_jones

R-Truth and Kofi Kingston Can't Handle the BOOM!

Rate this Entry
Hello again people, sorry I haven't written in a while. Been busy and hadn't really had any new ideas for a blog lately. Before I begin, I apologize about the facts I was unaware of in my last blog about Miz and Jericho. I admit that there's still a lot I haven't seen or am aware of yet, but I hope to get around to it. Still, feel free to comment as you see fit.

I want to share my thoughts about WWE's latest Tag-Team darling pair: R-Truth and Kofi Kingston. Individually, both have traveled interesting roads. R-Truth started out in WWE as a rapping, dancing crowd favorite and went on to become an unhinged character who is not quite in touch with reality. Kofi is a high-flying sensation who recently was part of the team Air Boom until his partner misbehaved and Kofi was left out on a limb. And now, both men are in a somewhat impromptu and unconventional team.

My initial thoughts about this were, I admit, not very nice. I thought that this was yet another shot in the dark for another tag team to keep the division going. The two men don't seem to have a lot in common character-wise to me. I understand that R-Truth can get some air and has a daredevil streak, but I haven't seen a lot of that from him lately. But I can see some potential for the team being successful. First, both men are pretty high energy. Most of that is Kofi, I think, but I understand that R-Truth can turn it up too. Next, the two make an interesting odd couple. The oddball hellraiser and the acrobatic showstopper, one could say. These could play out to make the guys a popular dark horse team for the fans.

I do have some reservations yet and still for this duo. Individually, they get pop... but what about as a team? Will they mesh? Also, where will they go in terms of storyline? How will they interact? How will R-Truth's unstable character come into play with Kofi's character?

I'd like to see where this team goes from here... especially after Evan Bourne comes back. I wonder if Evan will do a jealous heel turn - feeling that Kofi passed him up for someone who wasn't on his level - and bring it to Kofi, maybe getting his own partner to replace Kofi and retalliate - which could give us a nice tag team feud. Only time will tell, I guess...

Thoughts?

Submit "R-Truth and Kofi Kingston Can't Handle the BOOM!" to Digg Submit "R-Truth and Kofi Kingston Can't Handle the BOOM!" to del.icio.us Submit "R-Truth and Kofi Kingston Can't Handle the BOOM!" to StumbleUpon Submit "R-Truth and Kofi Kingston Can't Handle the BOOM!" to Google

Updated 03-14-2012 at 11:21 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I want Kingston and Truth to become the next Booker T and Goldust. Those two were hilarious as a team and I think they could go in the same direction.
    Brilliant blog, I love your idea of evan bourne getting jealous and going heel to create his own team
    R-Truth has been dropped massively. I would have considered him a high level mid-carder around the time of Survivor Series, and then he got suspended and came back better than before. And then this? I think he's being treated terribly considering how important he was over the last year.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.