View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

The Splash: If Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus all left the WWE.

Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.

What if Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus all Left the WWE.

Hello Splashers. Today we are going to try something a bit different. Rather than use the typical “Top 5” I am going to start using another concept called “What If”. Let’s imagine for a moment that several people had several people leave the WWE. We can already assume The Undertaker and Triple H is done with wrestling. But what if some of the other big names, just up and left for one reason or another? Who would be ready to step in and take their place as the next big thing? A good friend of mine Andy on OTR Radio suggested this very hypothesis.

Before I go any further I just want to make it clear that while I do have all the respect for Sheamus, the only reason I put him in the top 4 is because of the incredible push the WWE has been giving him as of late. There is no doubt in my mind that one day he could become one of the top 4 in the WWE. However we have seen people get big pushes, then slide right back down the ranks. Case in point..The Miz.

Daniel Bryan

Bryan is an excellent wrestler, and has some great mic skills similar to C.M Punk. At the moment many could compare him to another “Straight Edge Society” type. If the above mentioned left, there is no doubt in my mind that the current World Champion would easily be pushed as one of the top 4 guys in the WWE.

Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho is a wild card in this bunch. While he is currently in the roster, I do not feel he is in for the long haul. Even if he was offered a top spot (where he was before), he would only take it until he was ready to leave the company again himself. However I would like to mention, it would be a smart idea to put him in the top spot, while the WWE mold other people.

Dolph Ziggler

While a lot of people are not impressed with Ziggler, I think with the right push, he could be the one of the top guys in the business. He has all the requirements needed to be a top superstar. The one thing that he may be lacking, which he has been improving over this past year, is his mic skills. However no one can deny his work skills or his work ethics. In 2011 Ziggler worked a “double shift” on not 1, not 2, but 3 back to back PPV matches, including Raw, Smackdown, and house shows. That shows me dedication!

Cody Rhodes

If you read any of my past blogs, you will know that I was strongly behind Rhodes this year, and I was hoping he would go on to face either the WWE or World Champion at WrestleMania 28. However for some reason or another they just weren’t ready to give him that push.

Wade Barrett
The WWE has already proven this year that Wade Barrett could possibly take Randy Orton’s place if he was to ever leave the company. Barrett dominated in the feud with Orton. However some think his recent injury might be kayfabed (story-lined) because they didn’t have a plan for him for WrestleMania 28. Does this mean they didn’t have enough confidence in him, or were those questioning the injury mistaken? In any case there is no doubt that Barrett has the potential to be one of the top guys in the WWE one day. The question is, will that day ever really come?

The Miz
The Miz was once a contender for a top slot in the WWE, however something happened after he lost his WWE Title reign. He has quickly moved back down to mid-card status, and some think that he could be on a slippery slope. However my good friend Andy pointed out that The Miz has the complete package: He Has the look, he can wrestle, and he has the mic skills. The Miz has it all to make it as the next big thing.

Alberto DelRio
Although DelRio has been on the shelf for several months, he was one of the bigger stars in the WWE, and if he plays his cards, he can most certainly regain that status. However would he play that role as a heel or a face? We have yet to see DelRio as a Baby-face, and it would be interesting to see if he can be as successful as a face, as he was a heel.

Christian
Christian finally had his World Title reign; however it was quickly forgotten. There has been a rumor that Christian has not been in favor with the upper politics in the back. While Christian is a fan-favorite, I don’t see him being able to one day taking the reins, and leading the WWE.

Honorable mentions
The Big Show, Mark Henry, and maybe Jack Swagger.

Well Splashers, that’s gonna’ be it for this one. There was a lot of IF’s in this splash, but I thought it would be a nice change of pace. I’d like to hear all of your input, and tell me who you think who could be one of the front runners. I would like to thank my friend Andy for adding his input to this blog.

Remember this coming Wednesday 8-10pm Eastern Time (1AM UK time); OTR Radio will be coming live with Streaming videos and off the cuff comedy! Alright enough plugging, for this one, I’m outta’ here! See you when I see you!

Submit "The Splash: If Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus all left the WWE." to Digg Submit "The Splash: If Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus all left the WWE." to del.icio.us Submit "The Splash: If Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus all left the WWE." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Splash: If Cena, Orton, Punk, and Sheamus all left the WWE." to Google

Updated 02-28-2012 at 08:14 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Honestly in my point of view all of these superstars you named have no future tere will b a superstar coming soon that would be a bigger success than Ziegler and Rhodes I guess what I'm saying is they'll continue to be mid careers I don't see any of them main eventing a big event unless it involves a elimination chamber or such
    Didn't see that you put Jericho and Bryan but Bryan is a horrible champion
    Quote Originally Posted by Jc-Chase-EWE
    Honestly in my point of view all of these superstars you named have no future tere will b a superstar coming soon that would be a bigger success than Ziegler and Rhodes I guess what I'm saying is they'll continue to be mid careers I don't see any of them main eventing a big event unless it involves a elimination chamber or such
    a) hypothetical post
    b) you're wrong
    c) it's called a spell check, use it
    Cena would have left to become a movie star, Orton and Punk to be T.V Stars and Sheamus to... TNA LOL
    I don't think that Wade's injury was a fake one. If it was so, I don't think that they would allowe him to yell F*UCK etc.
    If there was no spot for him at mania, it would be something good in something bad. However, I hope that he recovers soon.
    Wades injury obviously wasn't fake, not sure why you even questioned it.

Also every wrestler that you mentioned, is at best a mid to upper mid card wrestler. None of them are main event caliber wrestlers.

Now I will go and continue to splash.... I guess.....
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAorWWEorROH
    Wades injury obviously wasn't fake, not sure why you even questioned it.

Also every wrestler that you mentioned, is at best a mid to upper mid card wrestler. None of them are main event caliber wrestlers.

Now I will go and continue to splash.... I guess.....
    I Find it funnny how you made a cute comment, yet you didnt have your own suggestion as to who would fill the shoes if the above situation left...maybe because in your small mind...you didn't have one. NOW you can continue to splash.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.