View RSS Feed

Dubs

Thoughts on Cody Rhodes

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
Hey blog readers. This is my second blog and I wanted to change it up a bit by giving my thoughts on wrestlers and their current positions in their respective company. I'm still going to be doing the re-booking history blogs but I would like to start to give my perspective on things. I'm going to give my honest opinion on them whether its a popular or unpopular opinion. Here we go.

Cody Rhodes

Cody Rhodes is one of WWE's top mid-carders. Hes had great feuds, going against guys like Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio, Booker T, and looks to be going up against Big Show at Wrestlemaina 28. He has even lasted quite awhile in this year's 2012 Royal Rumble. There are a lot of things going for him but to me, hes not ready for the main event scene just yet. I know people think otherwise but think about it for a sec. Why push him so fast into the main event scene? Hes still young and has more years to become main eventer so I don't see why he should be pushed so fast.

Cody Rhodes is still mid-card material. I know he has talented mic skills and has unique in-ring skills but he only started becoming a strong mid-card talent from 2010 to now. From when he debut in 2007-2010, he was in a tag team with Hardcore Holly and in a group with Legacy so he really hasn't had that much years of being a strong mid-carder. Hes someone that you can build a strong mid-card division with and can give the mid-card titles relevancy so why push him that fast into the main event? His Intercontinental Title reign has been great. Hes put importance into the belt even if he hasn't defended it that much. A great Champion is someone that can bring prestige into the belt and that's exactly what Cody Rhodes has done.

as seen in the past, when you push someone too fast too soon, it will backfire. Randy Orton comes to mind. Now back in 2004, Randy Orton was a strong mid-card talent who had beaten Chris Benoit for the World Heavyweight Title which was too fast too soon. Once WWE realized that, they put the World Heavyweight Title on Triple H. After getting the World Heavyweight Title taken off him, Randy Orton, stayed an upper mid-carder until he was ready to become a main eventer. Another example is CM Punk. He won the World Heavyweight Title for the first time in WWE, cashing in on Edge. Although it was awesome to see CM Punk as World Heavyweight Champ for the first time, he simply wasn't ready yet. Afterwords, he would drop it to Chris Jericho and become a mid-carder again until he was ready to become a World Heavyweight Champion. That's why its better for Cody Rhodes to wait a while than to get pushed too fast. Not everyone can become a main eventer in less than 5 months like Brock Lesnar so IMO, WWE should just wait awhile until Cody Rhodes is ready to burst into the main event scene.

Thanks again for reading my blog! Like usual, give me your thoughts!

Submit "Thoughts on Cody Rhodes" to Digg Submit "Thoughts on Cody Rhodes" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts on Cody Rhodes" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts on Cody Rhodes" to Google

Updated 02-23-2012 at 11:48 PM by Dubs

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    But in some cases , there are naturals, and he is... he can be on top, along with ziggs, and be great classic heels
    I'm going to have to disagree. While I do agree that he brought prestige back to the IC title, I feel it hold him back. Maybe not put the belt on him now but definetly put him in the main event scene. I grudgingly say that he's probably the best heel in the business right now. I say grudgingly because I never saw anything in him until he became "un-dashing". Since then he has stepped his game up tremendously and keeps improving noticibly every time he's out there. He's a rare talent an you'd be crazy to not push a guy with his potential to the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    I'm going to have to disagree. While I do agree that he brought prestige back to the IC title, I feel it hold him back. Maybe not put the belt on him now but definetly put him in the main event scene. I grudgingly say that he's probably the best heel in the business right now. I say grudgingly because I never saw anything in him until he became "un-dashing". Since then he has stepped his game up tremendously and keeps improving noticibly every time he's out there. He's a rare talent an you'd be crazy to not push a guy with his potential to the top.
    I'm not saying Cody Rhodes doesn't have the tools to become a main eventer but he shouldn't be pushed to the main event scene when hes in his prime as an upper mid-card heel. Shawn Michaels also was an upper mid-carder for 4 years until he became a main eventer. The same goes for Triple H who was an upper mid-carder from 1995 when he debuted all the way from 1999 when he became a main eventer. It takes time to burst through the main event card and IMO, Cody Rhodes hasn't done that yet.
    Updated 02-23-2012 at 10:40 PM by Dubs
    Cody is a great talent but as u brought up wit hhh and the great hbk good things come to those who wait.
    great blog, absolutely agree, cody has a shit load of talent but whats the rush? From what we see in WWE nowadays is that when a push doesn't work out it tends to backfire badly on guys. If Cody got pushed to the belt and wasn't an immediate success (which to be honest would not happen now), he would go the way of jack swagger or mcintyre. regardless of creative being at fault, he would suffer. wrestling fans want proper build up in characters and storyline yet always want their favourites to be fast-tracked to the top? I don't get it.
    Might I suggest typing your blog in Microsoft Word so you can check your spelling, grammar, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpjr6
    Might I suggest typing your blog in Microsoft Word so you can check your spelling, grammar, etc.
    With all due respect, I hardly seen spelling and grammar mistakes in my blog. Probably one or two but eh, mistakes happen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.