View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

Understanding My Rock Blog

Rate this Entry
I wrote a Blog on here a few days ago about The Rock, Some people read it and understood it and some just stereo typed it. See I think The Blog wasnt clear enough for everyone so I will do my best to make it clear.

Everyone who made a negative comment on my Last blog really missed the whole meaning. They assumed im just a Cena Fan and I hate the Rock. Well thats not the case and ill Explain why.... I have seen just about Every Rock match, I watch The Rocks debut PPV in 1997 live on PPV, I grew my Side burns like The Rock in 1998, I dressed like The Rock, I spoke like The Rock, I carried a Rock WWF trading card in my wallet at 16, When I got married at 18 I flew to Vegas and Spend $500 on a Shirt like The Rock at The Versace store. I Loved The Rock character, The promos, The matches, The way he spoke. He was my second favorite wrestler next to The Great Steve Austin..... When The Rock returned for WM27 I jumped up and down in my chair like a litter kid.

I respect Cenas Work, Despite What anyone says I think Cena has had alot of Classic matches. While I dont think Cena is The greatest worker I do think he has put on some Exciting and Great matches. but I have never said "You cant see me", I never bought a bright Orange T-shirt with HLR on it, No wrist bands, No base ball cap, No buzz cut or Denim Shorts. No none of it.... Not cause I hate Cena its just that he hasnt reached me to the level as a Austin, Rock, Benoit, Guerrero, Bret Hart or as a kid Hulk Hogan.. So no I dont hate the Rock.

Then Some people would use the excuse "OH HE IS MAD CAUSE THE ROCK LEFT WRESTLING"...
Well Honestly I'm not. I think in 2001 The Rock basicly ran his course and Wrestled just about everyone on the roster and had a Great year match wise in 2000 and 2001. So When The Rock left for movies I was happy to see a wrestler make it out there in movies, Maybe The Rock in my mind would give wrestling some credibilty by doing real movies..... So that comment is wrong.

Then the most ridcules Excuse was "OH HE IS JUST JEALOUSE ON THE ROCK"....
Why would I be jealouse on The Rock when their is alot more talented people with way more money in the world. Thats just a stupid comment almost as dumb as people saying im upset cause The Rock makes a good living not being in wrestling.

What people have to understand, Rock, Austin, Chris Benoit, Bret Hart and Every wrestler who have come and gone That at times I was a huge fan of or still am, Will never compare to Prowrestling. Im a Prowrestling fan first and a fan of wrestlers second. No 1 wrestler means more than Wrestling to me.... what The Rock did was disrespect Wrestling. Not by leaving wrestling, Not by not making special appearances. No it was by his actions and the way he tried to bury his past. He didnt have to bring it up but he doesnt have to erase it.... Then come Back and tell everyone how much you love it, Is just plane disrespectful.

People who fail to see How The Rock's behaviour disrespected prowrestling are more Childish and Markish than any 5 year old in the front row of Raw with a Cena head band, Foam Finger and T-shirt.

And before anyone of you try to Change my words around and Say that I think The Rock shouldnt be at Wrestlemania. I will say this to put that to rest. I think The Rock vs Cena is the Biggestmatch in Wrestling history, Im excited to see it, more Excited to see that match then I have been for any match. If the PPV had just that one match and it was $60, I would still order the PPV and buy the DVD.... I love the Build and I love the promos from both men and I'm very excited to see this match cause I think both men will work their ass off...... So please lets put that dumb comment to rest of me not wanting The Rock back at Wrestlemania.

I dont doubt Rocks talent, I dont Doubt his Success and Legacy in wrestling and Im not saying he doesnt deserve his spot as a Icon in wrestling but It dont matter how much this WM grosses or how great the match between Cena and Rock is, Nothing will change the fact that The Rock disrespected Prowrestling and is a Hypocrite and once Mania is over it wouldnt suprise me if The Rock pretends the Match never happened in 2 years from now.

Submit "Understanding My Rock Blog" to Digg Submit "Understanding My Rock Blog" to del.icio.us Submit "Understanding My Rock Blog" to StumbleUpon Submit "Understanding My Rock Blog" to Google

Updated 02-23-2012 at 02:33 PM by THE_CRIPPLER

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well put and i R-E-S-P-E-C-T yo opionion but me personally I never put the rock down. As for me i fel in love wit WWF/E entertainment wise and nobody did it better than the Great Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
    See, that where I'm confused. How in the hell did The Rock disrespect wrestling? Have you not left one job or position in favor of a new, hire paying one? That is all The Rock did but somehow he disrespected wrestling. Fans need to calm down on this disrespect stuff and understand that what The Rock does in Hollywood, he also does in the WWE. It is all an act and The Rock has succeeded at both. If he really disrespected you or prowrestling, then why are fans watching?
    @ ILLMAT NOT TO MENTION HE WAS STILL VOTED VOTED OVER CENA FOR THE WWE12 COVER AND PPL COULDNT WAIT TO DOWNLOAD HIM
    I see your point now, and my lengthy response in the last blog was born out of just a niggling anger of the standard rock bashing we read about so regularly. I completely got that you're a rock fan (you did mention it lol), it's just I haven't followed the rock's career that closely since he left wrestling so i really cant comment on the disrespect thing. i thought you were bashing the rock as opposed to just stating his lack of respect.

One thing though, let's face it, wrestling is muck. I love it, you love it, everyone on this site loves it, but a vocal majority think it's muck. Nothing Rock will do or say can change that. And he would have been advised by that, from his friends and family and most importantly of all his agents. As you said, the rock isn't bigger than wrestling, no matter how big a voice he could have had it would have drowned in all the other loud voices who have been mocking wrestling for many years, and Rock would just be the failed celebrity who used to be a wrestler.

wrestlings got a reputation for being "fake", but people can get past that if the contents good. Its the overly wacky presentation that makes people disrespect wrestling. The only people in the world who can change public perception of wrestling is the mcmahon empire themselves, so dont hold your breath people!
    @illmat- dude the disrespect was not that he left. If you read the other blog closely you would have seen that the disrespect was when he would do interviews and what not, making sure that they would not bring up his wrestling career and treat him purely as an actor. He sort of negated his roots and what made him famous in the first place. He would specifically ask for media to not bring up wrestling at all. He went from The Rock to Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson to just plain Dwayne Johnson and you will see this if you look at his earlier movies to now.
    Oh my god, because he changed his name over time in Hollywood? Wow, what an ass! (Sarcasm) There's a word everyone needs to look up and it's TRANSCENDED. Here, I'll save you the time: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transcended That is what The Rock did. He has become BIGGER than the sport. Vince needed The Rock for Wrestlemania. Not the other way around. The fact that a movie star who has WAY more to lose and truly nothing to gain coming back and risking injury to entertain his former audience is disrespectful? Hardly. It's call GIVING BACK. Vince is the one making money off this as well as the rest of the roster. The fact that he is wrestling again shows that although he left and became a star he's not embarrassed of his roots. Saying he has to keep his ring name for movies is just plain ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincaid
    Oh my god, because he changed his name over time in Hollywood? Wow, what an ass! (Sarcasm) There's a word everyone needs to look up and it's TRANSCENDED. Here, I'll save you the time: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/transcended That is what The Rock did. He has become BIGGER than the sport. Vince needed The Rock for Wrestlemania. Not the other way around. The fact that a movie star who has WAY more to lose and truly nothing to gain coming back and risking injury to entertain his former audience is disrespectful? Hardly. It's call GIVING BACK. Vince is the one making money off this as well as the rest of the roster. The fact that he is wrestling again shows that although he left and became a star he's not embarrassed of his roots. Saying he has to keep his ring name for movies is just plain ridiculous.
    Dude, wake up. The reason....AND ONLY REASON, he's back is because he's being a paid a large sum of money, and in the meantime, can reach some 5 or 6 million people to promote himself. All the kids who are wearing the Cena stuff, don't know who The Rock is. Now they will.

It has nothing to do with his roots, or giving back. He's another celebrity, who's not going to turn down big money. That's All.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.