View RSS Feed

RomanFlare

Cena and the Great One by the Roman One

Rate this Entry
"Ya know what? Vince is probably gonna fine me for this one, but the only reason he came back in the first place was to promote Fast Five and launch his twitter account."

Disclaimer: I'm not a Cena supporter--Nothing against the man but there are characters I'm more interested in on WWE shows. I'm also not an "Attitude Era Fan"--I watched WCW as a kid for awhile, then I didn't pick wrestling up again until sometime around JBL v. Cena at Wrestlemania 23.4 times Pi. Here's a fun fact: I've seen one Rocky match. Ever. I've seen hundreds of Jericho matches, hundreds of Punk matches, a shit ton of Cena matches--but 1 Rocky Match.

The Opinion: Cena should beat Rock clean.

The Rock has no business winning this match. The only people who can't see why are the kids--and they're pulling for Cena anyway. Lemme just flat out outline it:

1) Did you see the Survivor Series tag match? Did you see the "Rock return to his former glory?" Really? Really? Really? You know what I saw? An older wrestler who buried two men and his own tag partner in a matter of minutes and failed to live up to the hype. Ignoring the complete and utter burial of the entire WWE lockerroom since a man who hasn't had a match in YEARS upon YEARS can just waltz in a destroy two men (who just whip his 'face of the brand' tag partner)--he was AVERAGE. There was nothing special in his time in the ring. Brodus "Funkasaurus" Clay was more entertaining in his squash matches than the Rock was in his. And it really was a Squash Match--ring rust and all, the Rock completely obliterated Miz and Truth--so bad, in fact, the Miz is still feeling the after effects. Fun fact of the day: The Rock's Summerslam Role was "Super Cena"--same shit, different brand on the package.

2) Chris Jericho can still go. This may seem rather abstract, but Chris and the Rock were around for a long time--and apparently had some great matches together. But when I watch Jericho still go at it, then go back and watch the Rock at Summerslam, I have to wonder: "What in the hell do people see in this man?" Even Jericho's promos are better! The Rock walks in, throws a few insults at his designated targets of the night, makes sweet mouth love to the audience's ass, then leaves. Jericho doesn't even say anything and drops a better promo--and when he does speak, he has the audience in the palm of his hand, like the Rock is suppose to. The Rock is still using scripts from 2000 when Jericho has continued to evolve.

3) The final and most important: A Rock win does nothing. Literally nothing. He's just going to be gone until he has another box office pile of shit he needs to hype to break even. It's another high profile win on his resume--like the time he beat the Icon of the Era before him, Hulk Hogan. Oh, I should correct myself--a Rock win does one thing: buries the entire locker room. Again. If a man who hasn't had a singles match in forever (he's ancient history in Professional Wrestling time frames) can waltz in, with one tag match as warm up, and defeat the man who has often been booked as the best in the company--you're saying this one man is better than anyone in the locker room. You're saying that the era the Rock came from, that locker room, is better then the current. That's completely ape shit stupid. A Cena win is a passing of the torch--the Icon of the "Attitude Era" to the current era. With HHH and Taker looking to completely disappear from the squared circle, this is literally the WWE's last chance to prove they can get over the past. Let HHH and Taker go out in a bang--they're living legends. But don't let an ember of the era gone by defeat the icon of this current era*. Cena losing to Rock would be the final nail in the coffin--he will never win back the haters anyway. Don't go heel turn and swap the adults for the kids. Give Cena the win, like you gave the Rock, then in 15 years, job Cena out to the new Icon.

Tl;dr -- The Rock is just SuperCena with a new coat of paint--actually, an old coat of paint. A coat of paint that's been around for close to a decade. Maybe 2. Put the Rock under and let him come back for Wrestlemania 29 to get his HoF induction and promote "Fast Six: Why are you still buying this shit? Oh, right--because you never grew up."

*Chris Jericho, while from the same era, has also been around during the "PG Era", and thus is a trans-era performer.

Submit "Cena and the Great One by the Roman One" to Digg Submit "Cena and the Great One by the Roman One" to del.icio.us Submit "Cena and the Great One by the Roman One" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cena and the Great One by the Roman One" to Google

Updated 02-23-2012 at 11:06 AM by RomanFlare

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1. Summerslam tag match? Oh did u mean Survivor Series tag match?!
    "Really, really, really?"- you sound more like Miz mark to me and must be below 18, maybe?
    You've not seen The Rock's active years in WWE anyway so all of your rant is pointless without any facts. You said it yourself - a man who hasn't wrestled in SEVEN YEARS, for someone of his age, after that long, to show that level of energy isn't called AVERAGE. The public chanted YOU STILL GOT IT that night. You mean the whole audience are assholes? He got same reaction everywhere he's been since he returned. So total pointless rant.
    2. Chris Jericho? If it weren't for The Rock and his guidance alongwith a few others to Jericho, he'd have left WWE in his early days due to backstage politics. And listen to what Jericho has to say about The Rock in his new DVD. Nuff said!
    3. This man is better than the current locker room? Hell yes, he is! Name one wrestler who can put more asses in seats than HE can. Cena? You see reaction every week in the building and over the net. Punk? His flame is like a quarterly thing which burns once in 3-4 months and goes off after that and is currently feuding with some singer who nobody gives a crap about. And passing the torch? Icon of Attitude Era? You yourself said he's average and then you call him Icon? Take a proper stand dude!
    Why is Attitude Era still the best era and why The Rock is better than any current wrestler? 'Cause that was an era when there was real competition; when the almighty Vince almost lost his business; when things were real exciting; when the AVERAGE guys like Rock and Austin bust their asses off to save the business and take it to new heights and hell, they beat the competition and bought it! It might be ancient era, but History speaks for itself! Read comments about backstage heat on The Rock's return and you'd know, why every asshole backstage that has some problems with Rock getting mainevent spot is totally clueless.
    Another Cena-Rock blog with the exact same points as everyone else. Yeah we get it 'Rocky should lose, Cena should win. Rocks gonna leave anyway, Cena will stay'.
    Sorry to be rude but we've kind of read this all before, mate.
    agee with phani. as for your point number 3... the same can be said for cena... what talent HASN'T he buried? what would a win do for cena? Absolutely NOTHING besides adding to the stigma of the modernized hulk hogan supercena BS. A win over a legend who called him out on his BS would make the situation worse. Don't even get me started with this passing the torch bullcrap, cena may be the hogan of the pg era in the script, but he is not in our minds. He is just an over pushed, overrated crappy superstar. Getting a win over a legend who called him out on his phony garbage would do what exactly for the company? Nothing besides adding to the supercena situation... the only one on the roster this would help is cena to get shoven down our throats even more. As you said he will never win back the haters, so what the hell is the point of winning? there's not. It would "just be the nail in the coffin"... and PLEASE cena buries more talent than anyone on the roster. It doesn't make any sense to make the fans hate cena even more... put it this way... if supercena wins a lot are not going to stick around to be force fed more crap from vince's posterboy.

ROCK OR RIOT
    Updated 02-23-2012 at 10:27 AM by bartish2
    The Rock isn't the type of guy to bury people....look at his career and you see the people he's jobbed to: Stone Cold, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angel, Chris Jericho even Goldberg. The Rock has been happy to get people over his entire career....of course they were going to make him look strong at Survivor Series if they didn't how is anyone going to buy into his Wrestlemania match
    Quote Originally Posted by Phani "THE ROCK" kaushik
    "Really, really, really?"- you sound more like Miz mark to me and must be below 18, maybe?
    You've not seen The Rock's active years in WWE anyway so all of your rant is pointless without any facts. You said it yourself - a man who hasn't wrestled in SEVEN YEARS, for someone of his age, after that long, to show that level of energy isn't called AVERAGE. The public chanted YOU STILL GOT IT that night. You mean the whole audience are assholes? He got same reaction everywhere he's been since he returned. So total pointless rant.
    2. Chris Jericho? If it weren't for The Rock and his guidance alongwith a few others to Jericho, he'd have left WWE in his early days due to backstage politics. And listen to what Jericho has to say about The Rock in his new DVD. Nuff said!
    3. This man is better than the current locker room? Hell yes, he is! Name one wrestler who can put more asses in seats than HE can. Cena? You see reaction every week in the building and over the net. Punk? His flame is like a quarterly thing which burns once in 3-4 months and goes off after that and is currently feuding with some singer who nobody gives a crap about. And passing the torch? Icon of Attitude Era? You yourself said he's average and then you call him Icon? Take a proper stand dude!
    Why is Attitude Era still the best era and why The Rock is better than any current wrestler? 'Cause that was an era when there was real competition; when the almighty Vince almost lost his business; when things were real exciting; when the AVERAGE guys like Rock and Austin bust their asses off to save the business and take it to new heights and hell, they beat the competition and bought it! It might be ancient era, but History speaks for itself! Read comments about backstage heat on The Rock's return and you'd know, why every asshole backstage that has some problems with Rock getting mainevent spot is totally clueless.
    1) Hmm, I did fuck that up, didn't I? I'm 19, smart-ass. Almost 20

2) You're missing the point--if the Rock is gonna come back, at least be able to go like Jericho can. Or talk like Jericho and not use the same 4 lines every time.

3) The Rock isn't better than CM Punk, he's not better than Chris Jericho, he's probably better on the mic than Cena but Cena is better in the ring, and the American Dragon--lol.

4) "Real Competition"--honestly, I don't think the fact that WCW was alive had SHIT to do with the Attitude Era. Entertainment evolves and the WWE probably would've gone there anyway as it was the most money they could make at the time. It's a stupid argument--almost as stupid as "The Rock opened doors for all of today's current wrestlers!" I'm sure, that statement is true, if you put Hulk Hogan instead of the The Rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bartish2
    agee with phani. as for your point number 3... the same can be said for cena... what talent HASN'T he buried? what would a win do for cena? Absolutely NOTHING besides adding to the stigma of the modernized hulk hogan supercena BS. A win over a legend who called him out on his BS would make the situation worse. Don't even get me started with this passing the torch bullcrap, cena may be the hogan of the pg era in the script, but he is not in our minds. He is just an over pushed, overrated crappy superstar. Getting a win over a legend who called him out on his phony garbage would do what exactly for the company? Nothing besides adding to the supercena situation... the only one on the roster this would help is cena to get shoven down our throats even more. As you said he will never win back the haters, so what the hell is the point of winning? there's not. It would "just be the nail in the coffin"... and PLEASE cena buries more talent than anyone on the roster. It doesn't make any sense to make the fans hate cena even more... put it this way... if supercena wins a lot are not going to stick around to be force fed more crap from vince's posterboy.

ROCK OR RIOT
    Cena's also put over talent and loses just randomly (Sheamus's first WWE title win). But, yeah, the Rock-Cena relationship is a good one because Rock's fans hold the Rock up on the exact same pedstal as the Cena fans for the exact same reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phani "THE ROCK" kaushik

Well Put!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.