View RSS Feed

Dubs

Re-booking history: The Rock vs Hulk Hogan

Rate this Entry
Hey blog readers. I'm going to be doing a new thing where I re-book what I think should have occurred during past matches. Basically, i'm giving my spin on past matches and how it should have been booked. Lets get going.

Wrestlemaina X8: The Rock vs Hulk Hogan

​This match was two generations colliding. Both Hogan and The Rock were top guys from a different era and they were the biggest stars to put against each other. This match was special and the crowd when nuts over this match. However, I would have done things differently. Here is my spin on this feud:

The return of Red & Yellow Hulk Hogan:
At No Way Out 2002, the NWO made its debut. Well, I would have made Hulk Hogan return not on No Way Out, but on an episode of Raw. I would have booked a match between The Rock and Stone Cold on Raw. Both of them are put in a match to face a mystery wrestler Vince Mcmahon's choosing at Wrestlemaina X8. The Rock wins the match but Hulk Hogan comes out in red and yellow, pointing at The Rock as the crowd goes nuts. That's how I would have booked Hulk Hogan the returning Hulk Hogan. Not on some filler PPV like No Way Out but on Raw. I hated how Hulk Hogan just randomly came to the WWE with the NWO. Having him come as his regular self which is Red & Yellow would have been better.

The Rock vs Hulk Hogan build up:
So now that Rock vs Hogan is set for Wrestlemaina X8, now comes the confrontation between them. I would have had Rock question as to why Hulk Hogan came back to the WWE and why he thinks the fans should accept him with open arms after leaving WWE for WCW. I would have basically had The Rock shoot on Hogan, minus the catch-phrases. I then would have had Hulk say he came for a reason that The Rock and WWE wouldn't understand. I then would have had Hulk stick his hand out for The Rock but The Rock gives Hulk Hogan a Rock-Bottom which gives him boos from the crowd. I would have built up The Rock to be the heel but he actually isn't since he sees shadiness going on with Hulk Hogan. All week long, I would have had Rock keep shooting on Hulk Hogan and his loyalty to WWE to get the crowd hating him despite The Rock being innocent in this feud. Vince Mcmahon now gets tired of The Rock and Hulk Hogan arguing and says they'll be competing in a No Holds Barred match.

The Rock vs Hulk Hogan match begins:
As this No Holds Barred match begins, both men have a stare-down with the fans chanting Hulk Hogan and booing The Rock. After a long-hard fought battle, I would have had Kevin Nash and Scott Hall along with X-Pac interfere during the match, attacking The Rock, busting him wide open with a steel chair. Hogan gives The Rock the "devastating" leg-drop and Hogan proceeds to pin The Rock, giving him the win. I know I may get flock for giving Hogan the win but it sets up for a future storyline that i'll talk about afterwords.

Post match:
Hogan along with the NWO destorys the ring, spraying NWO over the canvas with the crowd throwing garbage at them. Hogan then picks up a mic and tells the WWE that even though WCW is over, the NWO isn't and they will take over Vince's company.

Future:
The NWO proceeds to take over the WWE with Hulk Hogan being the WWE Champion until one Rattlesnake named Stone Cold Steve Austin challenges Hulk Hogan for the WWE Title at Wrestlemaina 19, beating Hogan and ending the NWO.

Thanks for reading my blog and let me know what you think!

Submit "Re-booking history: The Rock vs Hulk Hogan" to Digg Submit "Re-booking history: The Rock vs Hulk Hogan" to del.icio.us Submit "Re-booking history: The Rock vs Hulk Hogan" to StumbleUpon Submit "Re-booking history: The Rock vs Hulk Hogan" to Google

Updated 02-22-2012 at 08:35 PM by Dubs

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good try mate, but doesn't really make any sense for Hogan to come back at his age and get cheered first and then booed. At WM18 he came in as heel and left as big face of the co. and remained thus forever. And sounds more like SCSA mark agenda. Rock & Hogan have more similarities in their career than SCSA and styles (the flamboyancy, loudmouths, hollywood stars, their runs with respective factions like NOD and NWO, etc), so it worked well between those two.Better luck next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phani "THE ROCK" kaushik
    Good try mate, but doesn't really make any sense for Hogan to come back at his age and get cheered first and then booed. At WM18 he came in as heel and left as big face of the co. and remained thus forever. And sounds more like SCSA mark agenda. Rock & Hogan have more similarities in their career than SCSA and styles (the flamboyancy, loudmouths, hollywood stars, their runs with respective factions like NOD and NWO, etc), so it worked well between those two.Better luck next time.
    Thanks for commenting on my blog man! I get what you mean about the Hulk Hogan part but Hulk Hogan was a heel all along, trying to get the fans and also Vince to accept him until showing his true colors against his match with The Rock. After his match with Stone Cold, he could have then turned a face and remind Hulkamaina forever. Also, Stone Cold beating NWO Hulk Hogan would have made more sense since Stone Cold saved WWE during their war with WCW IMO. I booked The Rock vs Hogan as the match that set up a future angle which is the NWO angle. Austin vs Hogan was just a match that could have went along with during the future booking of the NWO angle.
    Updated 02-22-2012 at 10:24 PM by Dubs
    No probs dude! Everyone has their opinions. But you really got some good ideas though! Good work!
    When Hogan came back to WWE..I felt "so he's back to steal the show from young gen" and I booed him.....so I felt booking him as heel was n when he lost to The Rock...n turning against NWO...made a feel good Wrestlemania moment!!!

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.