View RSS Feed

MR Boss

WBC#2:Top 5 Elimination Chamber matches

Rate this Entry
[COLOR=#333333][B][FONT=Verdana]I am MR Boss, and this is the second ever WBC(WrestlingBlogChallenge)I just want to say WBC will be on every Thursday so make sure to check it out. Today's topic is about the Elimination Chamber I know I am a bit late, but I say so what. We have the first ever WBC Champion Bearkg88 having his first Title defence against Renevious. We will see a new Champion already or can Bearkg do it again.You make the vote![/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana]Bearkg88 List[/FONT][/B]
[FONT=Verdana]Hello everyone. It is that time of the week for another match up of WBC. This week is the Top 5 Elimination Chamber matches. I for one was pumped for this top 5. [/FONT]
[/COLOR][B][COLOR=#333333]
1.How do you feel about Elimination Chamber matches.[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I became a wrestling fan in summer of 2002, and for anyone that remembers, the first Chamber match was in the winter of 2002. When Eric Bischoff came out on Raw talking about the chamber match, I for one was ecstatic for what was to come. I had seen a hell in a cell match, I had seen a cage match, and for any wrestling fan, let alone a new one like me, this was new and refreshing. For me, the chamber hasn't disappointed. I know that whenever we have a chamber match, we will have a moment that stands out and everyone will want to talk about.
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#333333]2.Do you think the Elimination Chamber can have a positive impact to a WWE Superstar Career.[/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]From everything I've seen with the Chamber matches, I think it has a positive affect on the winners careers, as well as people inside. Normally the winner of the Chamber either became the Champion and headlined Wrestlemania, or were granted a title shot at Wrestlemania. The losers in the match though, depending on who they were, would do something that haad the IWC buzzing about how awesome of a moment that was.
[/FONT][/COLOR][B][COLOR=#333333]3.Do you think you can win the WBC Championship [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Without any further ado, I am going to get into my list of Top 5
[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]and I think after you guys see it, you'll keep me as the WBC Champion. Enjoy![/FONT][/COLOR]

[B]Match 5 Elimination Chamber 2008 Raw
[B]Winner Gets WWE Title Shot at Wm 24
[B]HHH vs Jeff Hardy vs Umaga vs JBL vs HBK vs Chris Jericho
[IMG]http://i106.piczo.com/view/2/r/3/d/6/4/j/p/0/3/i/1/img/i169721646_82642_3.jpg[/IMG]
Again, this was another match that I really enjoyed for the simple factor of the people in it. Everyone in the match had established themselves as big names within the company, and having 4 of the 6 competitors being WHC/WWE Champions, and Jeff Hardy being super over with the crowd. Another match I enjoyed simply for the reason of the people involved in the match.

[B]4. Elimination Chamber 2006 Raw
[B]WWE Championship
[B]John Cena(c) vs Carlito vs Kurt Angle vs Chris Masters vs Shawn Michaels vs Kane
[IMG]http://www.voxcatch.fr/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/18617268wg.jpg[/IMG]
The #4 match for me was this pure one pure reason. John Cena. At this point in Cenas career, I feel like he was at the top of everything, and not to the point where he was blatantly shoved down everyones throat. Around this time, I was a huge Cena mark, and thoroughly enjoyed this match. While for me, this match was decent, not spectacular, it had one thing about it that makes me remember it. Up to this point, there had been three Elimination Chamber matches, and never had the champion walked in and started the match off, to walk away still the champion. John Cena was the first to do this. Whenever someone brings up Cena, I always remember this. Granted after the match, he would lose the title to Edge after Edge cashed in MITB, Cena still showed what a work horse he was by going through this grueling match start to finish.

[B]3.Elimination Chamber 2010 Smackdown
[B]World Heavyweight Championship
[B]The Undertaker(c) vs Chris Jericho vs R Truth vs John Morrison vs Rey Mysterio vs CM Punk
[IMG]http://www.clbuzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Elimination-Chamber-Match-2010-Smackdown.jpg[/IMG]
The number 3 match for me. Taker walked it champion, Jericho walked out champion. HBK became involved, costing Taker the championship. Taker also had an incident where he was engulfed by his pyros when they were mistimed. This match would lead to the first memorable show down between Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker.

[B]2. Elimination Chamber 2005 Raw
[B]HHH vs Batista vs Randy Orton vs Edge vs Chris Benoit vs Chris Jericho (w/ Shawn Michaels as special guest referee)
[IMG]http://files.dardarkom.com/doc/2005-New-Years-Revolution-Elimination-Chamber-Match/2005-New-Years-Revolution-Elimination-Chamber-Match.jpg[/IMG]
This match was memorable for the people in it. You had nothing but big names. HHH, Benoit, Edge and Y2J had already established themselves as massive stars. Randy Orton was running high as a face and coming in to his own, and Batista was getting ready for the first massive push of his career. On top of all that, you had the incomperable Shawn Michaels as guest referee. There were plenty of moments in this match, such as Batista powerbombing Y2J ontop of Benoit to eliminate Benoit, and HHH just watching on as Orton RKOed and eliminated Batista, or even Edge spearing HBK only to get the return by being SCMed by HBK. This match definitely stands out to me simply for the people in it, and where it would lead us from here(Edge vs HBK, MITB involving Benoit, Edge, Y2J, Batista vs HHH).[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][B]1. Elimination Chamber 2002 Raw
[B]Shawn Michaels vs HHH(c) vs Kane vs RVD vs Chris Jericho vs Booker T

[IMG]http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Survivor-Series-Elimination-Chamber-Match-500x375.jpg[/IMG]
That is right. This is the #1 elimination chamber match, and for so many reasons. It was the original, it was new, it was refreshing, something no one had ever seen before. On top of that, the major feud going in to this was HBK vs HHH. HBK had made his return at Summerslam, defeating his former best friend The Game HHH. I remember watching Michaels promo after Summerslam and his resounding words to HHH "Don't Hunt What You Can't Kill". Epic moment for me. Fast forward to November, and we have this epic Chamber match. You had RVD doing a fiver star frog splash off the top of a chamber onto HHH, and the triumphant return for a second time of HBK. HBK pulled off the big win, becoming the World Heavyweight Champion. All in all, this to me stands out as the best Chamber match, for so many reasons.

Well everyone, hope you enjoyed and agreed with my list. If so, make sure to vote for me!

Renevious List
[/B][/B][/B][COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Top Elimination Chamber Matches and My Thoughts...[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Greetings everyone. Renevious here. It's been a really long time since I've done a blog on here, so I'd just like to say thanks to everyone for reading and especially to MR Boss for noticing my blogs in the past and inviting me to compete. I hope you guys enjoy![/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]This blog topic was handed to me as name my top 5 Elimination Chamber matches and to also answer the following questions:[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]1. How do you feel about Elimination Chamber matches?[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]2. Do you think the Elimination Chamber can have a positive impact to a WWE Superstar Career?[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]3. Do you think you can win the WBC Championship?[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]I'm going to start by addressing the easiest question. Simply put, YES, I definitely think I can win the WBC Championship. I may not blog often, but anyone who has read my blogs can agree that even though my opinions may not always be popular, I am very concise in getting my point of view across in an organized and respectful manner. Likewise, I always comment on other people's blogs with honestly and respect, no matter how much I may disagree. [/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT=Verdana]Now for my list (then you'll get my answers to the other two questions)[/FONT][/COLOR]
[B]

5. This year's Smackdown chamber match. Now I know this isn't going to be a popular one, but I just really loved the idea of throwing Santino into the match and then having him last until the end. It may not be much, but it just takes one little thing that's unexpected to shine in today's world of WWE.

[B]4. No Way Out 2008. It was just cool to see this match be for a title shot at Wrestlemania 24. And I'm probably just showing how much of a mark I am by saying I was pretty stoked to see the Undertaker win. That pretty much guaranteed one more title for the dead man, considering his title shot was just another notch in streak.

[B]3. Last year's Smackdown chamber match. I don't really have much to say about it except for Edge is the man. Until this year, it was almost guaranteed that the champion would not keep his title at one of these matches (more on that in a moment), but Edge being the ultimate opportunist showed us how it's done.

[B]2. Survivor Series 2002. There's not really all that much to say about this one either other than it was the original. It was definitely a big risk that WWE took in introducing this type of match for the first time. Not to mention, having Mr. Wrestlemania/Hall of Fame win the thing shortly after his much anticipated return was pretty epic.

[B]1. December to Dismember 2006. Now before you say anything, I know that the result of this entire event was ultimately a disaster and pretty much lead to Paul Heyman leaving WWE and the final nail in the coffin of the real ECW. But what I like to take from this event and match was what could've been. This thing had the potential to instead of killing ECW, it could've brought it back to life. And for someone who spent his high school and college days in ECW's prime, just the possibility and the effort that Heyman put into this match makes it all that much more memorable to someone like myself. It's almost like a Shakespearean tragedy the way that it had the makings to be great and was torn apart at the last minute.

Ok guys, now that my list is out of the way, let me address the other two questions in this blog topic. [B]How do I feel about the Elimination Chamber matches? Well, I like the concept of the match, but I really don't like the way they're presented in their own PPV each year. If you weren't too impressed by my list above, then you can probably already tell that this is not one of my favorite events. First of all, let's talk about the timing. The Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania are two of the biggest events of the year. Having the Rumble winner earn a spot in the main event for Wrestlemania should be more than enough to sustain a storyline or feud from one event to the other. Putting something as monstrous as Elimination Chamber in between them does nothing but take away from the excitement of the Royal Rumble winner's quest for the gold. This year is a perfect example of how Sheamus has all the momentum in the world but has nothing to do from now until Mania but barrel through whoever they put in front of them. Also, putting the Elimination Chamber in the middle of all this means that even though Sheamus won his title match at the Rumble, 10 other guys get a shot before him in the Chamber matches, while he just sits and watches.

Lastly, [B]do I think that the Elimination Chamber can have a positive impact on a superstar's career? Absolutely, but once again, it has to be done correctly. First of all, I don't think the Chamber match should be used as a title match. That's a little unfair to the champion, and it does nothing for the prestige of the titles. I'd say, since the WWE doesn't think that King of the Ring is PPV worthy anymore, let the Chamber PPV take its place in or around June. These matches could be for the #1 contender spots to each of the world titles, and those matches would be perfect for Summerslam. That way, whoever wins the Chamber will get a career boost much like the winner of the Rumble typically gets. All in all, I feel like doing it this way would not only give more prestige to the titles, but it will also generate its own momentum for championship level feuds and storylines. I know it was a little long, but it's a pretty in depth topic. I hope you guys enjoyed it. God Bless!

Now it's your job to vote in the comment box which Top 5 list you liked better, every vote counts so decide who shall be the WBC Champion.[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

Submit "WBC#2:Top 5 Elimination Chamber matches" to Digg Submit "WBC#2:Top 5 Elimination Chamber matches" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC#2:Top 5 Elimination Chamber matches" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC#2:Top 5 Elimination Chamber matches" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Free Mind and I are on the same page, Renevious all the way. I've read all his blogs and he knows his stuff! An old school fan whose stuck around still to this day...props and great writing! RENEVIOUS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.