View RSS Feed

ECWStyle

Who To Stay and Who To Go?

Rate this Entry
It was recently reported on bleacherreport.com that WWE is going to cut some talent from the main roster. These will likely all be low card-lower mid carders, so here's my view on those to keep and those to let go of.

5 To Keep

A.J.
This is one of the most exciting divas to debut in the WWE in recent years. Unlike most other face divas (see my blog 'WWE: What Grinds My Gears'), she seems to have real personality, and that sort of thing is something WWE should notice.

Curt Hawkins
I know some of you will disagree on this, but I personally think 'The Party Starter' has good mic skills and vastly improving ring ability. It's a shame that Vinnie Mac will probably never do anything with him.

Justin Gabriel
His career seemed to be going in the right direction when he co-headlined the WWE tour of South Africa, and now he's back on Superstars. A real shame, because his striking, mat work, and high-flying skills may not be topped by any other current WWE Superstar.

Tyson Kidd
While I can never see this guy being a solo star in WWE, the former 'Crown Prince of ECW' has good all-around talents, and would work well with a larger superstar in a tag team.

Yoshi Tatsu
I'm biased here, because I'm one of 'The Rising Sun''s biggest fans. But there's a reason why I'm such a fan. Such a squandered talent, I believe the moment he breaks out of his NXT/dark match nightmare, he'll go to the top. Watch and see.

5 To Go

Alex Riley
Relegated to Superstars following his face turn and win at Capital Punishment, he doesn't have the in-ring skills nor the promo skills to make it in the WWE.

Kelly Kelly
Despite her Divas title run and hefty TV time (for a diva), she failed to distance herself from the other divas or make a noticeable advancement as a wrestler.

Michael McGillicutty
Until I checked the WWE website today, I didn't even know the former WWE Tag Team Champion was still on the payroll. Failing to do what his former partner David Otunga did, he has rightfully been relegated to Superstars. He needs to do a lot of work to keep his job.

Santino Marella
After nearly 5 years, 'The Milan Miracle' really has outstayed his welcome. He's not funny anymore.

Sin Cara.
Botched entrances, blown spots, poor matches, policy violations and injuries. In less than a year this man has done it all. 'Mexican Sensation'? My arse.

Well that's my views on the talent cuts, as always, please leave a comment, your opinion will be much appreciated!

Submit "Who To Stay and Who To Go?" to Digg Submit "Who To Stay and Who To Go?" to del.icio.us Submit "Who To Stay and Who To Go?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who To Stay and Who To Go?" to Google

Comments

Hmm... I wasn't aware that Sin Cara had violated policy, missed that one... Tsk, tsk. I really liked the guy, too...

I agree with four of your keepers - I'm just not big into AJ, but that's just me. I was hoping that A-Ry would really step up and do something, but alas, it's a luxury to catch him on Superstars now. The Curse of The Miz strikes again, I guess...

Another person I would add to the "to go" list: Evan Bourne. This is hard to say, because I'm a Bourne Believer (so to speak) but the fact that he slipped up twice (and not even that long in between instances) cannot go unnoticed by the board, let alone Vince.

Good stuff, bro!
    Nice blog, the only issue I see (not that I have with it) is that the comparisons are from people very far on the totem pole.

I mean I completely agree with your 5 keepers but when you compare them to the 5 that needs to go, well is just way more safe to say that they will keep their jobs over the keepers any day, except for Alex Ryley who is on the same or worse position than the 5 keepers.

But I really hope those 5 keep their jobs.

In my view I will allow Sin Cara to stay just for the merchandise sales, and kind of send him to developmental for 6 months at least to really grab the style.
    Quote Originally Posted by scribbler_jones
    Hmm... I wasn't aware that Sin Cara had violated policy, missed that one... Tsk, tsk. I really liked the guy, too...

I agree with four of your keepers - I'm just not big into AJ, but that's just me. I was hoping that A-Ry would really step up and do something, but alas, it's a luxury to catch him on Superstars now. The Curse of The Miz strikes again, I guess...

Another person I would add to the "to go" list: Evan Bourne. This is hard to say, because I'm a Bourne Believer (so to speak) but the fact that he slipped up twice (and not even that long in between instances) cannot go unnoticed by the board, let alone Vince.

Good stuff, bro!
    Yeah, that's why he was replaced by Hunico for a while! I also hope Bourne can stay, but I will mention my list was of who I want yo see go...thanks man!
    Sanitino: He actually got one of the biggest pops at the Elimination Chamber PPV. The whole show, and the comedy gimmick worker got in the top 3 of pop volumes. Maybe you think he isn't funny, but you can't deny that he is getting reactions, and I'll take that over "no reaction Curt Hawkins" any day of the week.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.