View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Uncooked: Special Smackdown Edition

Rate this Entry
This week we were gifted with a special edition of Smackdown, a live edition of Smackdown on the night it is recorded, Tuesdays. Now I normally don't watch SD, I just read the spoilers, because my dvr is busy recording shows like Fringe, Supernatural, Grimm, and A Gifted Man on Friday, but I thought since I was home this evening, I would watch this SD. I went in with high hopes, and now that is over, I am kind of bummed. Let's get into this special edition of Uncooked.

The Bad

Big Zeke vs David Otunga 2
As soon as I realized they were doing this, I knew I'd have time to flip channels to watch SVU or maybe New Girl. I didn't though, as I wanted to see if they would do something different. My time would have been better spent watching one of those other shows for this part. I am sorry, but Otunga and Zeke in the ring don't mix. Frankly Otunga in the ring isn't right. I see Otunga as more of a manager/valet type, or even a backstage authority of some kind. His whole thing with Johnny Ace reminds me of Eric Bischoff and The Coach. Anyways, this match again was a dud.

How To Fix
Refer to yesterdays blog, same way to fix

Santino Marella
Hear me out before people bash me. Santino is talented in the ring. He is way over with the crowd. When he was a heel, he was way over with the crowd. I'm not saying he has to become a heel again...but come on..someone else can be the comedy guy, give Santino a more serious gimmick. For a split second on Sunday, I thought he might pull off the big win. Now I am kicking myself in the butt for thinking of that. As long as Santino has this comedy schpeel, he will never a) become a world champion or b) have a credible run if he does become champion. I'd like to see Marella hold some kind of title again, but there has to be a huge overhaul on his character.

How to Fix
Stated above

Drew McIntyre vs The Great Khali
What is the point of this? I'm guessing to fuel the whole, win or fired storyline by Teddy. How many times has Drew now lost since that has been laid out? Like 20 or something? Come the freaking on! I know this is suppose to lead to a turn for Drew and a push, but what, are they going to make him lose until Wrestlemania 29? This match was a dud and a waste of time.

How to Fix
Just have drew turn. Whatever the storyline plan is for Drew, have it kick in. I am not a fan of Drew, but I know others are, and I am sure that they would love for Drew to stop getting the jobber treatment.

The Indifferent

Dolph Ziggler/Jack Swagger vs Air Truth(Kofi and R Truth)
Not a bad match for the length of time it was given, but tell me, why have the team that beat the tag champions the night before, lose the next night? Bad booking at the forefront here. It makes me wonder if we are going to get some kind of tag match at Wrestlemania. Maybe a triple threat tag match or a fatal fourway tag match?

How to Improve
Give the match more time. You could have easily cut the Khali/Drew match and Zeke/Otunga 2 match, and gave this match 20 minutes. I bet anything it would have made for a stellar match. That is what the WWE needs going into WM. Stellar matches, and stellar promos. And not just from the main people like Cena, Punk, Rock, Bryan, Sheamus or Jericho. they need it from the other guys, the guys that will be on the undercard.

Sheamus vs The Miz
I fully expected when they announced Bryan vs Punk last night, we would end up getting a tag match between Sheamus/Punk vs Bryan/Jericho, so I was surprised by this. Granted as soon as they came back from the commercial break, and saw we had Miz going against Sheamus, I knew The Great White was going to win. The part that caught me more by surprise, is that Miz got offense in. And it wasn't a quick 2 minute squash either. At one point when Miz pinned Sheamus for a 1, I thought "Dang..Brown One is right..Sheamus always kicks out of one), and then a few minutes later he kicked out at 2 so interesting to see. I stand by my same stance that going into Mania, it wouldn't hurt for Sheamus to lose one or two matches, to have that uncertainty if he can pull off the win.

How to improve
Refer to last nights review of Sheamus match.

The Good

CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan
This is the only good thing about tonight that I saw, out of a two hour show. Pretty sad huh? Anyways. Like i said earlier when they announced Bryan vs Punk 2, I expected it to turn into a tag match or something. Instead, we get to false endings and restarts, and then one controversial ending. I enjoyed this match though. The back and forth action between Punk and Bryan, I feel, was at the same level as they were at when they wrestled before. I am also glad that WWE didn't have a clean finish, as it still leaves uncertainty as to who is better, Punk or Bryan. I fully expect this to occur later this year. I also had a thought. Considering Johnny A raised Daniels hand, the WHC champion, and Teddy raised the WWE Champion, CM Punk, I had a thought about the draft. Sheamus wins the WHC Championship at WM, and then a few weeks later at the Draft show(if they have it), we get the switch. CM Punk goes to SD and Sheamus to Raw. Just a thought that crossed my mind as SD went off the air. For this match, I'll give it a 3.5/5 for quality.

Well, I am still pumped about the road to Wrestlemania, I won't be worrying so much about SD on that road. I'm guessing I'll get enough from Raw for the SD feuds, that I won't even need to watch the SD show. Hopefully after the draft(if there is one), there is a big switch off talent and it gives me a reason to watch SD. I look forward to everyones comments!

Submit "Uncooked: Special Smackdown Edition" to Digg Submit "Uncooked: Special Smackdown Edition" to del.icio.us Submit "Uncooked: Special Smackdown Edition" to StumbleUpon Submit "Uncooked: Special Smackdown Edition" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good blog.

I think the WWE should fire Jack Swagger or do something with him because the guy is a complete tool it's hard for me to even take him seriously at all.... The look on his face, the way he wears his tights, his haircut, his voice everything about him just annoys the hell out of me.

I agree with about drew and otunga, There really is no reason at all to have a match between the Great Khali and Drew Mcintyre it makes no sense to even have the great khali on the roster do they think this guy draws? Drew mcintyre could be a hell of a lot bigger star than that loaf of shit. David Otunga definitely belongs somewhere outside the ring, he's not even a wrestler he was on a reality TV show for VH1 ( similar to the MIZ ) speaking of the Miz, he wouldn't be anywhere without his mic skills because his in ring work is sub par at best
    Drew McIntyre vs The Great Khali What is the point of this? I'm guessing to fuel the whole, win or fired storyline by Teddy. How many times has Drew now lost since that has been laid out? Like 20 or something? Come the freaking on! I know this is suppose to lead to a turn for Drew and a push, but what, are they going to make him lose until Wrestlemania 29? This match was a dud and a waste of time. How to Fix Just have drew turn. Whatever the storyline plan is for Drew, have it kick in. I am not a fan of Drew, but I know others are, and I am sure that they would love for Drew to stop getting the jobber treatment.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyWonder
    Drew McIntyre vs The Great Khali What is the point of this? I'm guessing to fuel the whole, win or fired storyline by Teddy. How many times has Drew now lost since that has been laid out? Like 20 or something? Come the freaking on! I know this is suppose to lead to a turn for Drew and a push, but what, are they going to make him lose until Wrestlemania 29? This match was a dud and a waste of time. How to Fix Just have drew turn. Whatever the storyline plan is for Drew, have it kick in. I am not a fan of Drew, but I know others are, and I am sure that they would love for Drew to stop getting the jobber treatment.
    EXACTLY. Follow through with the story. I really don't think people care about the guy that much now because the story involving him didn't follow through. What's happening now is Creative wants you to forget the firing story and that he is just there.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.