View RSS Feed

THE_CRIPPLER

Top 5 Wrestlania Matches that Almost happened.

Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average.
This is the Top 5 Wrestlemania matches that almost happened but plans were scraped for a variety of Different Reasons....... I know the First thing that comes to readers minds is STING vs UNDERTAKER. That match isnt on the list cause Sting was never under a World Wrestling Entertainmnet contract. That is more a dream match. These are matches that came close to happening but never did for various reasons. So lets go on with the list.

5. WrestleMania 1
Hulk Hogan vs Rowdy Piper.
Back When The First Wrestlemania was being talked about, Vince Mcmahon had this as his main event for the WWF championship but the on e on one match was soon scraped to make room for multiple wrestlers to be on the card and the main reason was to put 80's TV star MR T in the main event. This would of been a fitting main event for Wrestlemania 1 but it wouldnt get the publicity that the actual main event got with the A Team star tagging with Hulk Hogan.

4. Wrestlemania 13
Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart
This was suppose to the rematch from the Wrestlemania 12 classic. The match Never happened at Wrestlemania 13 Cause Shawn Michaels refused to job and once again forfeited a title to get out of jobbing.

The Ending for this match sounded similiar to the Wrestlemania 13 match that replaced it (Bret Hart vs Steve Austin Submission match). Shawn would break his ankle and Bret would slap on the Sharp Shooter and Shawn would pass out and give Bret the Victory.

No Doubt this would of been a classic but im not a huge fan of back to back Wrestlemania rematches and I'm pretty happy with the match that replaced it which is one of the greatest matches of all times in Bret Hart vs Steve Austin.

3. WrestleMania 18
Steve Austin vs Hulk Hogan
This match was going to be the main event of WM 18 but Steve Austin turned down the match. Austin clamied that him and Hogans styles wouldnt clash cause Hogan works a softer style than Austin and Austin didnt think he was in the shape and healthy enough to carry Hogan to a good match. Austin was also 100% right... If this match was in 1999 or 1998 then it probably be at number 1 but in 2002 Hogan wasnt able to work a hard style match and needed someone to bounce around the ring for him and in 2002 Austins Wrestling career was pretty much over from injuries.

This match wouldnt be as good as Hart and Michaels WM13 but the name value and this being their first meeting in the ring makes a good place at number 3. I think the match would of been a terrible Idea but make no mistake about it it be a huge match.

2. WrestleMania 26
John Cena vs The Undertaker
There was a tease of this match for Wrestlemania 23 but the intentions were always Batista vs Undertaker but at Wrestlemania 26 the WWE was doing some hard planing to make a John Cena vs Undertake main event match.... as a matter of fact the week before Survivor series they made the Undertaker tombstone Cena to plant the seeds for a possible Wrestlemania match.... The match actually went to Shawn Michaels to tell the story of his retirement and they went with a Cena Batista feud that they been trying to do for years.

The WWE was planing on doing this huge match and I personally cant wait to see it. Cena is the only legit threat to the Takers streak and these men havent been in a one on one match since 8 years (im sure the date).... The Undertaker and Cena need to happen at Wrestlemania and we almost got it 2 years ago.

1. WrestleMania 8
Hulk Hogan vs Ric Flair
This maybe wouldnt be the quality the Ric Flair and Randy Savage WWF Championship match we actually got but damn what a dream match that would of been. It was the ultimate face vs the ultimate heel of the 1980's. This was on every wrestling magazines dream match, The storyline was there, The huge event was there but there was 1 problems. Vince Mcmahon had to distance Hulk Hogan from the WWF cause of the steroid trial going on at the time in 1992...... Hulk Hogan was gonna leave for 1 year after Wrestlemania 8 and it would look kinda dumb to have Hogan win the WWF title then leave and there was No way Flair was going over Hogan. So the best thing was to scrap the match.

I also Think The WWF didnt have enough faith in Flair to main event against Hulk Hogan... Either way WCW gave us this match a few years later but Flair and Hogan were 2 different people in those 2 short years and seemed less motivated and it didnt have the Red hot storyline it had in WWF and it didnt have the prestidge of a Wrestlmania main event.... Its Great to think what might of been if things went differently in 1992.

Submit "Top 5 Wrestlania Matches that Almost happened." to Digg Submit "Top 5 Wrestlania Matches that Almost happened." to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 Wrestlania Matches that Almost happened." to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 Wrestlania Matches that Almost happened." to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I know I usually give a pretty detailed analysis of what I think of a blog when I read one, but all I'm going to say is great job Crippler. This was top notch.
    All I can say is one hell of a job with this blog. I am hoping we see Taker vs. Cena next year. What's left for Cena after the Rock?
    Great list and good job on another top notch blog. The only other match I could think of to include would be Kurt Angle vs the Undertaker. The Mark Henry one wasn't great in my opinion and have Angle would have been very interesting.
    goldberg vs austin should be up there
    I agree that Undertaker vs Angle nearly at WM 22 should also be up there.
    Great blog as usual Crips. Bret Hart vs Shawn Michaels II at Wrestlemaina 13 would have been a joy to see. That match is what should have been the main event. Bret Hart turning heel right afterwards would have made things even better.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackw9
    goldberg vs austin should be up there
    If you are talking about WrestleMania 19, I guess it would be eligible if Goldberg debuted before the night after mania. He officially debuted for wwe the night after austins last match.

Brilliant blog mate.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.