View RSS Feed

The Piper

Piper's Pit: The Main Event Here, Then, and Tommorow

Rate this Entry
In my opinion, I am so sick of people praising the attitude era like it's the reincarnation of Jesus himself, so as my second Piper's Pit, I would like to point out the main events of the 80's, 90's, 2000's, 2010's, and The Main Events of tomorrow.

The 80's
Hulk Hogan. That's the first thing people think when they think 80's wrestling, now this all happened before I was born, but I've collected enough DVDs to know how it all happened, and why. The 80's was defiantly more kid-friendly then now, anyone remember that big obnoxious X that they would put over the screen when someone would get beaten real bad? Anyway, try to look beyond Hulkster next time you think of the 80's/early 90's, like the cage title match between Ultimate Warrior and Rick Rude, or all of Macho Man's wrestling spectacles

The Late 90's
The Rock and Stone Cold, that's all people can think when they hear "Attitude Era" or "90's Main Event". Every time people think like that, it makes me pretty mad, because Stone Cold was an ultimate tweener, he won by low blows, cheap moves, and underhanded tactics, just like a real heel...oh wait, I forgot, everybody loves him. This brings me to my next topic, The Rock. The Rock was huge in the 90's, with limited wrestling ability, and the selling of someone who just got shot, Rock abandoned the WWE/F to pursue a movie career, and as soon as that movie career turned bad (Disney) he came back to WWE to do a disappointing Wrestlemania, and a horrible match at Survivor Series, IMO, WWE should take their lips off the Rock's ass before they get stuck.

2000's
Triple H, Ric Flair, Shawn Michaels, Edge, Kevin Nash, Chris Benoit. COULD THIS GET ANY BETTER!?!?!? The early 2000's produced some of the best matches in Wrestling, with the most complete roster of tag teams, cruserweights, heavyweights, real wrestlers, and Latino Heats. but every time that most fans think of the best time in wrestling, they think the Attitude Era, next time, try to think of some of these matches, Brock Lesnar vs. Big Show (Judgement Day 2004), Rob Van Dam vs. Edge (RAW), Edge vs. Shawn Michaels (RAW), Batista vs. Undertaker (WM), just to name a few.

The Now
A step down from before, a pretty large one. We went from some of the most skilled, pure, violent, and sadistic wrestlers in the main event, to Randy Orton, a "Knucklehead" Big Show, John Cena, and Santino (whoops, spoiler) I don't want to go on a diverted rant on how much I hate Santino ( a helluva lot) but the biggest rivalry right now in WWE is John Cena vs. Kane, a rivalry witch will end as a non-title main event of EC, a sad now for the WWE universe.

The Next
I really don't think the future will get better, with Jericho leaving soon, The Miz about to be fired, Randy Orton still here, and John Cena not going anywhere. The best we have to look foreward to is pushes of Drew Mcintyre, Tyson Kidd, Curt Hawkins (I can Dream), and even Kofi impressed me on RAW this week.

Thoughts?

Submit "Piper's Pit: The Main Event Here, Then, and Tommorow" to Digg Submit "Piper's Pit: The Main Event Here, Then, and Tommorow" to del.icio.us Submit "Piper's Pit: The Main Event Here, Then, and Tommorow" to StumbleUpon Submit "Piper's Pit: The Main Event Here, Then, and Tommorow" to Google

Comments

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.