View RSS Feed

The Piper

Real Contenders for the U.S. title

Rate this Entry
Santino won the United States title. I get it, he is super over with the fans, Swagger draws no heat, and Swagger was a place holder. But that doesn't mean I (I REPEAT, I) have to like Santino. I have always considered Jack a pure, skilled, fresh wrestler (for those of you who didn't read my first blog), I loved the moment he won the title. But week after week, he did nothing.Nothing. Nothing. Lost the title. So here is who I think should win the title from Santino, or who should have won it from Swagger, up first..

Tyson Kidd
real talent, turned face quite recently, still not on RAW or SD. But still more exciting on NXT than most of the people on RAW. Instead of this Kid(d) twiddling his thumbs, give him a proper title run even if he has to defend it on NXT.

David Otunga
Have to take off of kidcontra a little here, Otunga will be a single champion. He draws so much heat, even more so than most of the main-event heels on both shows, but too many people would rather see him job than do something with his career, even if it means a one day tag title reign (oh, wait, that did happen).

Brodus Clay
I think I turned heel with this one, but it's better than another wasted superstar waiting in the back for a push off of dark matches. Not to say he would be a better alternative then Santino, but not that much worse.

The Miz
WWE might get mad and fire him if he so much as scuffed the title, but Miz deserves the title for having such an, um...interesting career. This would be an amazing way to get his heat and career back. IMO, Miz's title reign was much more exciting then everyone that followed him, so why not one more time?

Michael McGillicutty
Bear with me here. Double M is a good wrestler, a former tag-team champion, and (not much of a career accolade) Curt Hennig's son (I just hope Michael just sells a little bit less). Not a contender, but a little bit of work could clear that right up.

My Personal Numer 1 Favorite, Drew Mcintyre
Doesn't matter if he is gay, a playboy, or Scottish. Drew needs this, or the IC title to stay relevant to the "chosen one" thing that has been floating away in the harsh winds of bad scriptwriting and bad ideas. Drew (with work) could be the next Edge (excluding the sex, Vickie, and the unfortunate injury). But WWE needs, I repeat NEEDS to try with Drew to make him a star.

feel free to leave other suggestions and comments in the comment section, thanks for reading.

Submit "Real Contenders for the U.S. title" to Digg Submit "Real Contenders for the U.S. title" to del.icio.us Submit "Real Contenders for the U.S. title" to StumbleUpon Submit "Real Contenders for the U.S. title" to Google

Comments

First off thanks for the shout out! Second, I wonder if they won't let double M say he's Mr.Perfect Jr. because they are prepping a storyline where WWE reveals Ziggler as Mr. Perfect Jr., I wouldn't hold it past WWE haha. Finally, why do so many people love Drew? Did he have some really good matches and I missed them? Did he cut a kick ass promo and I forgot to Tivo SD that week? I'm not saying he's good or bad, but he gets so much support on the internet that I'm just curious why. Anyone have a clip to reference, so I can see with my own eyes please.
    Updated 03-07-2012 at 12:45 AM by kidcontra (mispelling)
    double m Should be allowed the Henning name its a joke, even call him Average Joe Henning...create the character on the fact his dad was perfect he is average even have him as Dolphs lackey or team him with swagger.Agree 100 per cent with the rest esp Drew...
    Quote Originally Posted by kidcontra
    First off thanks for the shout out! Second, I wonder if they won't let double M say he's Mr.Perfect Jr. because they are prepping a storyline where WWE reveals Ziggler as Mr. Perfect Jr., I wouldn't hold it past WWE haha. Finally, why do so many people love Drew? Did he have some really good matches and I missed them? Did he cut a kick ass promo and I forgot to Tivo SD that week? I'm not saying he's good or bad, but he gets so much support on the internet that I'm just curious why. Anyone have a clip to reference, so I can see with my own eyes please.
    it's more that drew mcintyre was a good ic champion he made it interesting gotten over by defeating a veteran like matt hardy in a feud then have a little feud with teddy long and after that he just suddenly got changed into a jobber meaning that people like to see them continue his push rather than just stop it without him fucking anything up i believe many people see that drew didn't get his chance i for one want him to get his chance
    Yeah I agree Drew would also be my number one choice, I agree with Tyson Kidd and MM but he does need to use his own name, my other choices would be Ted Dibiase, Hunico and Alex Riley he also deserves a push. I would hate to see David Otunga with any title!
    Quote Originally Posted by ALEX3:16
    Yeah I agree Drew would also be my number one choice, I agree with Tyson Kidd and MM but he does need to use his own name, my other choices would be Ted Dibiase, Hunico and Alex Riley he also deserves a push. I would hate to see David Otunga with any title!
    Dammit! I forgot Hunico! an anti U.S.A U.S. Champion!
    Hey Piper! Read your blog broheim and here are my thoughts. I can see/agree with Otunga and Miz. Otunga, as much as I hate saying it, seems like the logical choice at some point since Santino is T-Longs advisor, and Otunga is Johnny As advisor. I agree with your point on the Miz. I could see Drew if either a)Santino gets drafted to SD, or b)Drew gets drafted to Raw. The others though, I don't feel are at a point in their career to get it. Kidd hasn't really been featured on the main shows of SD and Raw, to me, Clay has stalled out since being pulled off tv, and Double M never came off as a charismatic wrestler and I think that hurts him.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.