View RSS Feed

MR Boss

WBC#1:Top 5 Technical Wrestlers

Rate this Entry
[COLOR=#333333][B][FONT=Verdana]Welcome everyone to the very first episode of WBC. WBC stands for WrestlingBlogChallenge, it's basically when two bloggers go against each other, and you the viewers will vote in the comment box for which blog you think is better. The winner will be on every week defending there WBC Championship until they lose, and have to wait a while until it's there turn again. If anyone will like to compete just message me, and I will make it happen as soon as I can.
[/FONT][U]
Top 5 Technical Wrestlers[/U]
Every WBC the opponents will make a Top 5 list to a topic, and this weeks topic is Top 5 Technical Wrestlers decide which one you like better, and vote.

[FONT=Verdana] Beargk88 List[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana]Hope everyone agrees with my list, and if you do, make sure to vote for me. [/FONT][/B][/COLOR][B]

[B][SIZE=3]#5 Daniel Bryan[/SIZE]
[IMG]http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/images/photos/001/549/596/whc_daniel_bryan_by_windows8osx-d4jmgpp_original.jpg?1327887077[/IMG]
Daniel Bryan, also known as Bryan Danielson, made his professional debut in Shawn Michaels wrestling promotion, Texas Wrestling Alliance, winning the TWA Tag Championships with Spanky. He wrestled for the likes for ROH, FIP, PWG, NWA, and finally ending up in WWE. His accolades include ROH Pure Champion, ROH World CHampion, WWE United Sates Champion, World Heavyweigth Champion, and MITB winner for Smackdown in 2011. My personal favorite match of his would be his United States title defense against The Miz and John Morrison in a triple threat falls count anywhere submissions match.

[B][SIZE=3]#4 Eddie Guerrero[/SIZE]
[IMG]http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2PWdVC74R8M/TjhGwZRuWpI/AAAAAAAACF8/7TPtbZaM6_8/s1600/eddie-guerrerod-9.jpg[/IMG]
Eddie Guerrero was born into the family of wrestling, as his father Gory Guerrero. He wrestled for the likes of AAA, NJPW, ECW, WCW, and lastly WWWE. Guerrero struggled with demons, but was able to overcome them to come back and become one of the biggest names in WWE. Eddie would capture the ECW TV Title(2x), Cruiserweight Championship(2x), WWE Tag Team Championship(4x), United States Championship(2x), Intercontinental Championship(2x), Hall Of Famer(2006), and the WWE Championship. His most memorable match in my opinion would be his WWE Championship win against Brock Lesnar at No Way Out. This was Eddies big moment and finally capturing the big one. My personal favorite match from Eddie would be Wrestlemania 20 title defense against Kurt Angle. While Eddie will always be known for lying, cheating, and stealing, you couldn't take anything away from Eddie when it came to putting on a sound match.

[B][SIZE=3]#3 Kurt Angle[/SIZE]
[IMG]http://fightnetwork.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/kurt-angle.jpg[/IMG]
Being billed as the only wrestler to have won a gold medal, Kurt Angle stepped onto the scene of the WWE(F), making his on screen in ring debut on November 14th, 1999 at Survivor Series. He would go on to have memorable feuds with the likes of Edge, The Rock, Eddie Guerrero, Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, HHH, Jeff Jarrett and Samoa Joe. Angles accolades include TNA World Champion(5x), TNA World Tag Champion(1x), TNA X Divison Champion(1x), United Sates Champion(1x), WCW Champion(1x) World Heavyweight Champion(1x), WWE Champion(4x), European Champion(1x), Hardcore Champion (1x), Intercontinental Champion(1x), WWE Tag Team Champion(1x), 2000 King of the Ring, and 2007 and 2009 King of the Mountain. My personal favorite Angle match would be Angle vs HBK at Wrestlemania 21 where I feel they put on a great wrestling clinic.

[B][SIZE=3]#2 Bret "The Hitman" Hart[/SIZE]
[IMG]http://www.wrestlescoop.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/bret-hart-03.jpg[/IMG]
Yes, Bret "The Hitman" Hart is #2 on this list. The Excellence of Execution was huge back int he 90s, having many memorables matches. His accolades include WCW United States Champion(4x), WCW World Heavyweight Champion(2x), WCW World Tag Team Champion(1x), WWE United Sates Champion (1x), WWF Champion(5x), Intercontinetal Champion(2x), WWF Tag Team Champion(2x), King of the Ring(91 and 93), Royal Rumble Winner 1994, WWE Hall of Famer(2006). He had memorable feuds with the likes of Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Undertaker, and Vince McMahon. Bret Hart was on the receiving end of the biggest swerve in wrestling history, The Montreal Screwjob. Harts most memorable match and my personal favorite, his Wrestlemania 12 title defense against Shawn Michaels in the 60 Minute Iron Man match. While Bret may not be #1 on my list, he's the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

[B][SIZE=3]#1 Chris Benoit[/SIZE]
[IMG]http://www.allwrestlingsuperstars.com/wp-content/uploads/8697/Chris-Benoit-5.jpg[/IMG]
Now before I catch alot of slack for this, when I made my decision I looked at Benoit the wrestler, and not Benoit the man in the final days of his life. Benoits actions in the remaining days of his life will forever haunt the wrestling world, and will overshadow what he did as a wrestle, but to me when it comes to being a technician in the ring, Benoit was the best at going out and putting on a clinic. He wrestled for the likes of WCW, ECW, and WWE. He feuded with the likes of Booker T, HHH, Edge, and Chris Jericho to name a few. His accolades include WCW United Sates Champion(2x) WWE United States Champion(3x), WCW World Heavyweight Champion(1x), WCW World Tag Team Champion(2x), WCW TV Champion(3x), WWE Tag Champion(1x), Intercontinental Champion(3), WWE World Tag Champion(3x), Royal Rumble Winner(2004), and World Heavyweight Champion(1x). His most memorable and my personal favorite match would be his Wrestlemania 20 win against Triple H and Shawn Michaels, capturing the World Heavyweight title for the first time in the WWE.

I also had two honorable mentions, didn't know if you want to include them. They were William Regal, and Lance Storm.

The Pipers list
[B][U]5. Bryan Danielson[/U]
Pretend Daniel Bryan doesn't exist for a minute, and watch one of his classic spectacles from ROH, assuming WWE hasn't destroyed your perception of him, you're mind is now completely blown

[B][U](Tie) Ken Shamrock[/U]
Submissions, Submissions, and more submissions, a real MMA fighter is Ken Shamrock.

[B][U]4. British Bulldog[/U]
Assuming that the term "Technical Wrestler" Isn't limited to submissions, British Bulldog has to be on the list, from Suplexes to Atomic Drops, to his classic finisher: the Running Powerslam, Davey Boy earned his spot on this list.

[B][U]3. Kurt Angle[/U]
Obviously the Olympic Medalist is on the technical wrestler list, how can't he be? If you need any indication of Kurt's ability, watch Kurt Angle vs. Desmond Wolfe from 2010.

[B][U]2. Shawn Michaels[/U]
One of the smartest wrestlers who ever lived, Shawn Michaels knows almost everything to do at any given time in any match with anybody. He just has to be on the list

[U][B]1. Chris Benoit[/B][/U][B][B]
The best wrestler to ever live, and sadly, die. Chris Benoit was the Best at Submissions, wrestling, suplexes, holds, throws, and everything else. Chris just has to be on the top of the list.

[B][U]Honorable Mentions[/U] [U](not in Order)[/U]
Eddie Guerrero
Desmond Wolfe
Edge
Chris Jericho
Jack Swagger
Dolph Ziggler
Mr. Perfect
Tyson Kidd
Bret Hart

Thank you for reading. I have not decided a permanent weekly date for WBC. So keep a look out. Now people vote vote vote! You decide who should be the first ever WBC Champion![/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

Submit "WBC#1:Top 5 Technical Wrestlers" to Digg Submit "WBC#1:Top 5 Technical Wrestlers" to del.icio.us Submit "WBC#1:Top 5 Technical Wrestlers" to StumbleUpon Submit "WBC#1:Top 5 Technical Wrestlers" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    dude i just checked my inbox and seen the reply sorry i never got around to it...let me challenge the winner of this one.....but yea i gotta go with BeargK. Both had very good lists
    I was going to say the piper but then I saw he didn't have my personal number 1 choice and that is bret hart...so Beargk88 wins it for me
    The Bear guy won for simple reason --> How can The Piper not have The Excellence of Execution on the top 5 list? For this reason alone, he lost.

PS -- No Dean Malenko on both list??
    How neither list had "Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig on it baffles my mind, especially when I feel like he was the greatest technical wrestler of all time!! If you're not old enough to remember, go youtube his matches and watch the execution, the fluidity, the crispness of his in-ring skills.

My Top 5 Most Technical Wrestlers list would look like this:

1. Curt Hennig
    2. Bret Hart
    3. Kurt Angle
    4. Chris Benoit
    5. (3-way tie) Dean Malenko, Davey Richards, Bryan Danielson
    This is pretty good but I am disappointed you did not mention you got the idea from Blog Wars.

Also I vote for Beargk88
    I don't really like Honorable mentions much for these contests and using a tie is a little cheap to avoid making hard decisions in my opinion
    OK list from both, but as much as I would like to pick Beargk88. I have to go with The Piper since he has HBK. One of the greatest Technical Wrestlers.
    Interesting contest you have here, glad to be able to view and comment on the first episode... I vote for Piper. Both lists are sound, but HBK and British Bulldog sold me. HBK is indeed one of the greatest performers in the ring, and to do that he had to know the ins and outs of every technique, maneuver and situation in the business. Great work for both competitors of this episode of WBC! Look forward to more!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.