View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Off to the Burial Grounds, Big Show, Mark Henry, More!

Rating: 2 votes, 1.50 average.
Hey hardcore wrestling fans, The Saviour is here with more fresh, new topics to talk about. I figure after Raw and the live Smackdown, everyone would be giving their Wrestlemania predictions and talking about how great John Cena's promo was...and it was, possibly one of his career best, I'm here to talk about those who have headed down the road to the burial grounds.

When I say burial grounds, that means that we probably won't see much of them in the title picture anymore, except in filler roles in gimmick matches, such as, DOLPH ZIGGLER.

In my last blog, I had several comments regarding Dolph Ziggler and how his performance in the Elimination Chamberreally grabbed people and they're now on board. I'm not sure what it is that everyone sees and I really don't care. He took a hard bump in the chamber and he was the 2nd one eliminated. That's not really top guy quality if you ask me. He's a wannabe Mr Ass, and if you all remember that guy, he never won the heavyweight title. So, I will no longer waste time on Ziggles. He sucks and it will be a long time before you see him on top. So go ahead, and hold your breaths for it.

Now onto my blog. Again, I say burial grounds because that's where they go when they were important, but are now taking a back seat for new pushes and there's not much else to do with them. I don't know why, but it is just the way it seems to go. And for the record, I don't believe one word that the Jackass Ryan Clark types as a news report on this site. So I'm disregarding any reports from him.

Mark Henry

He's the World's Strongest Man. He was a dominant champ who couldn't be touched. He won two impressive matches over Randy Orton, solidifying his spot as a legit bad ass and a true force to be reckoned with. And that was just a few months ago. Now, he's a stepping stone in Sheamus' push and a crybaby who's giving a vote of confidence to Johnny Laurenaitis. He was a filler to push The Big Show and Cody Rhodes and now, there's really not much to do with him. He's gone from top dog, to mutt in the doghouse outside.

The Big Show

Keeping with the theme of guys who have that dominant persona and just continue to find themselves at the graveyard, The Big Show fits this bill. I'm actually glad to see he's not in the title picture anymore because to me, it's just sad to see him taking the backseat. I like Daniel Bryan and I like CM Punk. But I also like Big Show matches. He just barrels through people and I would like to see him with a nice title run. One where he dominates all comers and it becomes a big deal if someone beats him. But, his fate lies elsewhere, teetering at the edge of the perennial burial site.

Kane

We all know it's going to happen. He jobbed out to Super Cena at Elimination Chamber and now, there's nowhere to go but....DOOOOWN. Of course. It's Kane. He'll talk a good game, with a lot of dark terminology like burning souls and hell's favorite demon and all, but in the end, he'll be an afterthought, once again.

The Miz

I don't believe reports. So for someone to report that the Miz is in the doghouse because of Survivor Series' buy rate, I think that's a crock. If Survivor Series' buy rate was down, blame The Rock and Cena. They're the star power that's supposed to be the draws. WWE did nothing to build it up. So there's another reason. Again, this blog isn't to try and speculate as to why, it's just to point out the obvious. The Miz won't be in the title picture for a while, other than a filler in gimmick matches, along with Ziggles. The Miz is quickly headed down to join the ranks of the buried.

Wade Barrett

I know some may be surprised by this. I also know it's not really fair to claim him as buried right now, but we gotta see what's been going on with him recently. Orton got his revenge over him. He got eliminated by Santino from the Elimination Chamber AND Raw's Battle Royal. So, what more can he come out and say, with any credibility, about that Barrett Barrage? Maybe he should beat Santino in a match or two first. But Wade has found himself on the fast track to Ziggleland. Just a filler, and rapidly approaching the burial ground.

I know there's probably some comments on here that are up for debate. Especially from those who have the undying man love for Ziggles and can't accept that he's not a top guy. But these are 5 top guys right now who are quickly becoming afterthoughts.

Thanks for reading. Enjoy the rest of your week and be safe.

Submit "Off to the Burial Grounds, Big Show, Mark Henry, More!" to Digg Submit "Off to the Burial Grounds, Big Show, Mark Henry, More!" to del.icio.us Submit "Off to the Burial Grounds, Big Show, Mark Henry, More!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Off to the Burial Grounds, Big Show, Mark Henry, More!" to Google

Updated 02-22-2012 at 09:24 AM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Well they will be out of the title pictures for now as they will probably have Punk/Jericho and Sheamus/Bryan run for a few months post Mania but you will see the likes of Ziggler and Barrett sniffing about once the summer PPV's kick in!
    Quote Originally Posted by chato
    Take it easy on Ryan Clark. I know that some reports aren't 100% accurate. But i have been visiting this website for almost a year now and have found that almost all his reports are legit. The reports hardly end up being untrue and end up happening or get confirmed.
    Hey. Thanks for reading. My beef with Ryan Clark isnt so much what he reports on an everyday basis, but some of the crap he tries to pull off. For example, he actually reported, the day after the Royal Rumble, that sources within WWE have indicated that the plan was to have Sheamus win the Royal rumble instead of Chris jericho. And it's not the first time he's done it.

Another example is he posts false headlines for reads. A headline will read, Taz's future w/ TNA, and then you open the article, and it reads. As of now, there are no reports of Taz leaving TNA. he does this quite often as well.

So my attacks on him are merited.
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Hey. Thanks for reading. My beef with Ryan Clark isnt so much what he reports on an everyday basis, but some of the crap he tries to pull off. For example, he actually reported, the day after the Royal Rumble, that sources within WWE have indicated that the plan was to have Sheamus win the Royal rumble instead of Chris jericho. And it's not the first time he's done it.

Another example is he posts false headlines for reads. A headline will read, Taz's future w/ TNA, and then you open the article, and it reads. As of now, there are no reports of Taz leaving TNA. he does this quite often as well.

So my attacks on him are merited.
    Thats journalism man, all the newspapers, websites or any kind of reports do it...just love and laugh at how journalists minds work...
    I agree with you on everything.

Dolph Ziggler will NEVER be a main eventer, he has no ability to cut a promo and he is not unique, the crowd doesn't even react when he comes out. Sure, he can sell a move, but you need to do more than that to be a main eventer.

Also couldn't agree more about Mark Henry and The Big Show. They should be booked as unbeatable monsters
    Firstly a great blog and very good points, I feel that it was spoiled slightly by the incessant Ziggler bashing. There seems to be more people bashing Ziggler than the so called Ziggalites everyone claims to be out there. I am no means a 'Mark' for Ziggler but I see no reason why he couldn't be a main event star in the future. At the end of the day it doesn't matter if a wrestler has 'Superstar' quality, if VKM want's them to be main event..they WILL be main event.

Other then that I agree with all but Barrett. He was used over the last few weeks to get cheap pops at the expense of others but he will come out of it the other side within the next year stronger then before.
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAorWWEorROH

Dolph Ziggler will NEVER be a main eventer, he has no ability to cut a promo and he is not unique, the crowd doesn't even react when he comes out. Sure, he can sell a move, but you need to do more than that to be a main eventer.

Also couldn't agree more about Mark Henry and The Big Show. They should be booked as unbeatable monsters

Couldnt agree more. who is more deserving than Big Show for a major title run
    Quote Originally Posted by TNAorWWEorROH

Ok, first off, DK, good blog bro, I agree with all of your points, here is the only thing I want to say. TNA/WWE/ROH, i disagree. I think Ziggler can be really good on the mic, he just needs the chance. If he drops Vicki and goes on it on his own, he could get up there, if given the chance. I see shades of HBK and Flair in Ziggler when I watch him in the ring. I agree with DK's point though, and for the foreseeable future(from now till probably summerslam or so), I can see Ziggler being stuck under that proverbial glass window that separates main eventers and upper mid carders. He will stay at the level he is at, unless he has that moment that gets people talking and abuzzed, same with Wade Barrett. I am a fan of both of them, and think that with time they have the potential to be the top people, and I am glad the WWE hasn't just thrown the titles on them for the sake of it, they just need that moment that makes people go on talking about them for months to come.

Anyways, again DK, good blog bro with valid points
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.