View RSS Feed

Johnny G

5 Greatest WWE Champions (1990 - 2012)

Rate this Entry
This is Going to be the hardest blog without a doubt that i've done so far so please be nice because they is so many great wwe champions sine'90

5. Bret Hart
Without a doubt Bret Hart was one of the greatest champions in wwe history not just this title but all so the Intercontinental and World Tag Team Championships and this title pushed his career to a different level all together as well as his in ring work improved and i think Bret should be on everyone's top five list of all time.

4. Triple H
Triple H would be in first place on my list of i was combining the wwe and world championship a lot of people i know don't respect Triple H because a lot of people claim he wouldn't have done half of what he has if he wasn't married to the bosses daughter but i think Triple H work rate after a while improved in leaps and bounds over the years and had some of his best match's for this title.

3. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Most probably the greatest champion in the attitude era winning his first wwe championship from Shawn Michaels but Austin was already at a high point in his career when he won the title but then that sling shoot his career to one of the biggest in wwe history and had amazing match against Triple H, The Rock and The Undertaker i'm just happy Austin never won the title to many times and made it into a joke like superstars have in the last couple of years.

2. The Rock
The Rock was a great champion but i didn't like the way he went with winning the championship then losing it going away to make a film then coming back and winning it straight away again apart from that The Rock was a great wwe champion and a great performer in the wwe from mid 2000 to the end of 2001 was the greatest of his career just thinking if he never left to make films without a doubt the Rock would be number 1.

1. Shawn Michaels
Shawn in my book is the greatest wwe champion in the time period i said above and done amazing things in the ring his iron man match against Bret Hart for the title was on of the greatest in WrestleMania history and other great match's for the title against Sid, Stone Cold Steve Austin and other and when he had to forfeit the Championship i think that was one of the saddest moments in wwe history but i guess they don't call him Mr. WrestleMania for nothing.

Hope You enjoyed

honourable mentions go out to Hulk Hogan, The Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, The Undertaker & Randy Savage with these 5 men they would make my top 10 for the period

Thanks for Reading

Submit "5 Greatest WWE Champions (1990 - 2012)" to Digg Submit "5 Greatest WWE Champions (1990 - 2012)" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Greatest WWE Champions (1990 - 2012)" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Greatest WWE Champions (1990 - 2012)" to Google

Tags: wwe title
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jericho!!!!
    hbk is by far the greatest wrestler/ entertainer of all time no one can steal the show like he can it doesnt matter if you love him or hate him everyone respects him
    For box office success and ratings, I would agree. For entertainment though I would instead have JBL in there somewhere. His year long reign as WWE champion made for some great viewing, segments and surprisingly enough - matches with the likes of Eddie Guerrero. And where is Kurt Angle?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper
    Jericho!!!!
    Jericho's closet to having a reign as wwe champion is when he become the first ever Undisputed champion if it was top 5 World Heavyweight Champions then he might be in it
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikkaelson
    For box office success and ratings, I would agree. For entertainment though I would instead have JBL in there somewhere. His year long reign as WWE champion made for some great viewing, segments and surprisingly enough - matches with the likes of Eddie Guerrero. And where is Kurt Angle?
    I don't think JBL ever done anything memorable as wwe champion apart from working with Eddie Guerrero and it was a 9 month reign the only superstar to hold the wwe championship for over a year since 1989 is John Cena
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny G
    I don't think JBL ever done anything memorable as wwe champion apart from working with Eddie Guerrero and it was a 9 month reign the only superstar to hold the wwe championship for over a year since 1989 is John Cena
    honorable mention kevin nash held it 358 days in 94-95
    Ok, I'm a HUGE HBK mark here, but HBK was NOT the best champ of the time period you mentioned. While entertainment value he was the best, imo, the WWE championship also has to be measured by your drawing power. HBK really didn't draw ratings at ALL until his late '97- early '98 DX run. I think he is the greatest performer of all time, however, I don't agree with his being number 1 at all.

That being said, there is also no way Stone Cold doesn't claim the top spot at all. He WAS the Attitude Era, and might've been neck and neck with Hogan in regards to merch sales and ratings. He also was not a slouch when it came to entertainment value.

But I know this is personal opinion, so I guess good job (?)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.