View RSS Feed

Johnny G

5 Greatest Cruiserweight Champions

Rate this Entry
Again I'm just trying to get these out of the way so here we go again

5. Billy Kidman

I for one loved Kidman as Cruiserweight champion as he had the greatest match's of his career at this point and had great match's for the title winning it an amazing 7 times

4. Brian Pillman
I Don't remember much about Pillmans title reigns but the guy had a lot give and not enough time to do it in taken from us to soon.

3. Chris Jericho
In WcW Jericho was pretty much stuck in the Cruiserweight division and to tell the truth I'm happy about that cause he had some great match's for the title then winning it 5 times and having great no let me correct that amazing match's against Eddie Guerrero, Rey Mysterio, Juventud Guerrera and Dean Malenko this title gave us our first glimpse of what to expect from Jericho in the future.

2. Eddie Guerrero
Was one of the finest Cruiserweight champions of it's time and had a couple decent run's with it back in WcW just think WcW could have done a lot more with the title with Eddie

1. Rey Mysterio
We all knew that Rey was going to be top winning it 8 times and definning the Cruiserweight division along the way any match Rey was involved in for the championship was Bound to be an amazing one and Rey never let down with amazing feuds against the best in the business for the title and always comin up with something new to wow the fans.

Thanks and Enjoy.

Because a couple of people mentioned him and he totally slipped my mind a honourable mention goes out to Dean Malenko and Gregory Helms

Submit "5 Greatest Cruiserweight Champions" to Digg Submit "5 Greatest Cruiserweight Champions" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Greatest Cruiserweight Champions" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Greatest Cruiserweight Champions" to Google

Updated 02-19-2012 at 04:30 AM by Johnny G

Tags: title
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I guess u missed one big name...Mr. Dean Malenko...

Dean was a gr8 cruiser weight champ....
    No arguments against Rey's #1 position...he's #1 even in my list.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sahu
    I guess u missed one big name...Mr. Dean Malenko...

Dean was a gr8 cruiser weight champ....
    I would never forget Dean Malenko buddy but just thought Pillman deserved to be on the list cause not many people would put him on
    I really think you should have put Dean in also. In my opinion he did more with the title. Also Helms should have an honorable mention as he had the longest reign
    My bad!!! I forgot Helms...he should have had honorable mention...

But, Dean is the guy who mad the title more prestigious...n he made Jericho credible...

I love the whole Dean/Jericho feud!!!

But anyways..ur list is also gud!!
    I don't get why you put Brian Pillman on if you can't remember too much of his title reign. Sure, he was taken from us too early, but surely someone can't have been that great a champion if you cannot remember their reign?

Pretty decent list though.
    what about the ultimo dragon he held 9 belts at the same time in wcw
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.