View RSS Feed

Johnny G

5 Greatest Intercontinental Champions (1990 - 2012)

Rate this Entry
Hi people just gonna give a try for the first time so be nice but this is who i think the 5 greatest Intercontinental Champions are from when i started watching so here go's nothing.

5. Razor Ramon
Without a doubt this guy should be on anyone's top list of intercontinental champions him and Shawn Michaels made the ladder match famous competing for this title at Wrestlemania 10 as well has having a decent feud over the title with Jeff Jarrett and many other great title match's.

4. Stone Cold Steve Austin
OK not many people would have Austin on the list but as he was raising fast when he first won the title Steve Austin is a legend had for me some memorably match's for it SummerSlam '97,IYH D-Generation X '97

3. Triple H
Without a doubt this title launched his career and had one of the best feuds of 1998 against The Rock for the title and the match of the night at SummerSlam '98 against each other as well as decent feuds over it in 2001 against Kane.

2. Bret Hart
Had some of his best single match's in wwe competing for this title winning it for the first time in a great match at SummerSlam '91 from Mr Perfect and his match at Wrestlemania Vlll against Roddy Piper as well has having the first ever ladder match in wwe history against Shawn Michaels for and finally his amazing match at SummerSlam '92 against Davey Boy Smith with out a doubt i think this made Bret's Singles career as great as it was a true legend.

1. Chris Jericho
Without a doubt Jericho had to be number 1 on my list winning it 9 times and having just as great match's for it the one that sticks out most is Royal Rumble '01 and so many more since then he's had great match's for it against Eddie Guerrero, Kurt Angle, Rey Mysterio, Etc. the list just goes on and on and on that's why for me Jericho is the Greatest Intercontinental Champion in the last 22 years and most probably ever

Thanks for reading people leave me a comment and let me now what you thought of it

Submit "5 Greatest Intercontinental Champions (1990 - 2012)" to Digg Submit "5 Greatest Intercontinental Champions (1990 - 2012)" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Greatest Intercontinental Champions (1990 - 2012)" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Greatest Intercontinental Champions (1990 - 2012)" to Google

Tags: ic title
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    No Honky Tonk Man?
    as much as people hate Benoit, he was one of the greatest IC champions of all time.

I wish they would take the world heavyweight title off of television and replace it with the IC title...

Like right now, Daniel Bryan should be IC champion and having a feud over it, not an extra Heavyweight title that takes away from the WWE title....

Actually that is what is wrong with the whole formula, if anybody from WWE reads this

1. Get rid of World heavyweight title
    2. Replace it with IC title
    3. Have feuds over it

not that hard to understand.... after somebody has a good IC title feud they then will be able to move on to the WWE title and that my friends is how wrestling used to work.

After all, why do they have two brands? it makes no sense they have barely any capable talent on each brand and that is because of the title situation and how they use the champions they forgot how to build a star

Either that or they just don't care
    Quote Originally Posted by JavierBa7x
    No Honky Tonk Man?
    Read the title of the blog...
    I have to admit, I'm disappointed not to see Shawn Michaels, British Bulldog, Jeff Jarrett and Mr Perfect not on the list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzaschofield
    I have to admit, I'm disappointed not to see Shawn Michaels, British Bulldog, Jeff Jarrett and Mr Perfect not on the list.

i agree with you on that...mr perfect, hbk. definitely should be in there
    Honorable mention rick rude and honky tonk man

great blog btw
    Another honourable mention to Rob Van Dam, 6 time IC Champ who had great feuds with Eddie Guerrero, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Brock Lesnar, Christian & Randy Orton
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.