View RSS Feed

Callum

Top 10 Tag Team (WWE)

Rate this Entry
First off I'm not including teams like Demolition road warriors or the rockers as I wasn't really watching wwe/wwf then although I know from YouTube that they were great teams.

10. Legacy

Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes with Randy Orton
This team was of 2nd generation Superstars feuded mostly with Dx for the titles. Both Ted Dibiase and Cody Rhodes could wrestle but they were buried by Orton when the team eventually split. They aren't that high up on the list because they aren't that memorable compared to the other teams.

9. Evolution
Triple H, Batista, Ric Flair and Randy Orton

More of a stable rather than a tag team but they often competed for the titles. This team were incredibly ruthless and were very entertaining from 2003-2005

8. Rock n Sock Connection
The Rock and Mick Foley

The Rock and Mick Foley had a heated rivalry and nobody thought they'd be a tag team. But to everyone's surprise they formed the Rock n Sock connection. They were entertaining in their short run and its a shame they didn't last longer.

7. Rated Rko
Randy Orton and Edge

Both were entertaining in the ring and on the Mic. They originally formed to get rid of Dx. Its a shame they didn't last longer but they both went on to bigger and better things.

6. Two man Power Trip
Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin

This dominant tag team feuded mostly vs The Bod. They were an unlikely team but I enjoyed watching them and it was a shame the team had to disband early because of triple H injuring his quadricep.

5. Brothers of destruction
Kane and The Undertaker

This team of iconic superstars feuded mostly against the two man power trip and formed after teaming in the royal rumble (why hasn't Kane won it yet?). There will never be a team quite like the Bod and I wish they didn't scrap the proposed Wrestlemania tag team match. Currently I'm interested to see how Kane will be involved in the Undertaker vs Triple H storyline. Maybe Shawn Michaels will accompany HHH and Kane will accompany the Undertaker, maybe even a tag match.

4. Dx
Shawn Michaels and Triple H

These two together were one of my favourite tag teams, Both were brilliant in the ring and equally as good on the mic. I loved there reunion where they feuded with the Spirit Squad (with vince) and then Legacy. They'll always be one of the best tag teams but nowadays wwe aren't able to have two superstars (who could main event Wrestlemania) team together.

The following are probably fairly predictable by now but this is my personal preference of order.

3. The Dudley boys
Bubba Ray Dudley and D-von Dudley

These two were a great tag team known mostly for their hardcore style of wrestling. They introduced the tables match to wwe. They are also one of the only tag teams around today to (for the most part) stay as a team for the majority of their careers.

2. Edge and Christian
Edge and Christian are both great in the ring and on the mic. It was unfortunate though that only Edge got the push and not alongside Christian. It was also a shame that Edge and Christian never had a final tag run before Edge was forced to retire as they looked to be getting back as a team leading up to wrestlemania.

1. The Hardy Boys
Matt Hardy and Jeff Hardy

Admittedly, I may be slightly biased here because The Hardy Boyz are the reason I got into wrestling. I used to watch wwe every week and gradually I began to enjoy everything else on the show. The Hardy Boyz were great in the ring and their matches are always exciting because you never know what they're going to do next. I'm hopeful that one day the Hardys will have a final run as a tag team in the wwe similarly I Dx. But first wwe would have to create a credible opponent.

My opinion on the problem
In my opinion one of the problem with the tag team division is that wwe can't afford to have the main eventers in a tag team. Before we could have Randy Orton, Edge, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Undertaker and Kane all in tag teams with people like Chris Jericho, The Rock, Mick Foley, Steve Austin, Batista and John Cena in the championship scene. But nowadays Wwe can't afford to have Barrett, Sheamus, Bryan, Punk, Cena and The Miz in tag teams because then the wrestlers in the championship scene would be R-truth, Ziggler, Rhodes and Jericho but not all of them are ready yet. I know there are more problems then this but most have been listed already in other blogs.

To help the tag team division I would form a few Heel tag teams like Ziggler and Rhodes, Barrett and Mcyintyre and maybe reform the Kane and Big Show tag team. As for face tag teams Kingston and Gabriel, Ryder and Ryback and Mark Henry and R-truth. These are just a few possibilities. Another Important factor in creating a tag team is having a name. When asked about your favourite tag teams you don't respond Matt and Jeff Hardy, Triple H and Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker and Kane. What you'd say is The hardy Boyz, Dx and the Brothers of Destruction. They were on the right track with Awesome Truth and Air Boom but all progress was halted because of Bourne and Truths suspension.The Usos, Hawkins and Reks and Epico and Primo are a goof start but they need to be given some publicity on either raw or smackdown.

Thanks for reading and I look foward to reading the comments.
(I did originally write slightly more but it got deleted when I first tried to post this blog.)

Submit "Top 10 Tag Team (WWE)" to Digg Submit "Top 10 Tag Team (WWE)" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 10 Tag Team (WWE)" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 10 Tag Team (WWE)" to Google

Updated 02-17-2012 at 08:35 AM by Callum

Tags: tag team
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    curious to wonder as to why kane/bigshow or kane/rvd were not put into this list as both parties were dominant when put together
    Dude, no APA?
    Maybe Jericho and big show? not together long, but were enjoyable, and kept 2 big names involed on tv.
    Names are important, it almost gives the team a legitimacy as an entity not just 2 random midcarders sticking together.
    They really need to bring a tag team in AS a tag team, when did that happen last? Usos... but they are brothers and are not that great yet, so would have struggled big time as singles.
    I would like to see Carlito come back and work with Primo & Epico.
    I would also like to see JTG team with E.Jackson and form the cocky loudmouth who hides behind the brick wall tag partner.
    Great list. I think you put Two Man Power Trip way to high though. Stone Cold and Triple H never really had memorable moments as a tag team. They did have an awesome match with Jericho and Benoit but I can't really think of anything note-worthy they did as a team.
    Dudley Boys are the most overrated team in the history of pro wrestling. Most fans list them in the best tag teams in pro wrestling category, but I disagree. They were dominant during there run, however they were dominant during an era when the tag team division was at the beginning of its decline to its demise. They never were competing against top tier tag teams such as legion of doom ( during their prime), The British Bulldogs, Arn and Tully, Hart Foundation, Demolition, Freebirds, ect. Granted, the timing is not their fault, but the fact remains they were great during a watered down era! I now this has nothing to do with the topic, but I decided to just give my opinion.
    i'm confused since you stated that this was wwe era exclusive, yet you put in wwf era tag teams. the only teams on your list that are indeed wwe tag teams are evolution, legacy and rated rko. all the other ones started in the wwf. according to you blurb at the beginning, 7 of these teams shouldn't even be on the list. even if you do count teams that were in both eras, edge and christian, the rock and sock connection and the two man power trip were never in wwe. so those 3 shouldn't be on your list either. you may need to rethink your list or atleast check your facts first.
    Updated 02-17-2012 at 02:49 AM by Halfbaht
    Quote Originally Posted by azure
    curious to wonder as to why kane/bigshow or kane/rvd were not put into this list as both parties were dominant when put together
    Also wondering why Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin were left off. They were a great team.
    Wow when i read this blog and figured out that there was no The New Age Outlaws i already knew this blog isnt good. How can you not have one of the greatest tag teams ever in your list?
    And having the Evolution as a tag team makes no sense to me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.