View RSS Feed

T-Hughes35

Thoughts On The Location For WrestleMania 29

Rate this Entry
What's up ewrestlingnews.com viewers, fellow bloggers, and wrestling fans?
I just found out the location for next years Wrestlemania. It's going to take place at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. At first I was somewhat ok with this until, (sighs), until I saw the logo.
It's not that I think that the venue is a bad place to host Sports Entertainment's version of the Super Bowl, I think the timing is absolutely horrible.
This is why:
Let me ask you this; where did the very first Wrestlemania take place? Madison Square Garden.
Where did Wrestlemania X take place? Madison Square Garden.
Where did Wrestlemania XX take place? Madison Square Garden.
So why in the world didn't they just wait until next years Wrestlemania to have it take place in New York? That would have made so much better sense.
In light of this, I thought up 5 different venues to where ideal Wrestlemania 29 locations and Axxcess events could have been.

01: Wembley Stadium in London, England
This would give WWE a chance to take their Super Bowl overseas as they did with SummerSlam in 1991. Heck, that could make it the biggest Wrestlemania attendance ever!

02: Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas
Wrestlemania at JerryWorld would make Mr. Jones' year. I mean, it's the ideal place to host Wrestlemania. Think about it. It'd be huge.

03: Lincoln Financial Field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
That is an attitude town. In the city with a big wrestling history, (ECW chants), it would be a dream come true for the city to host Wrestling's Super Bowl in the city where Wrestling Matters. (Yes I know that the city has hosted the event before, but that was in an indoor arena. It'd be even better if it was on Eagle turf.)

04: Edward Jones Dome in St. Louis, Missouri
Not only is this a Horsemen Town, but it's another city with a rich wrestling history. Numerous wrestlers got their start in St. Louis, few of the names including Terry Funk, Ric Flair, and Randy Orton. It would make a great Mania.

05: Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana
Unless I'm mistaken, the state of Indiana has never hosted a Wrestlemania. Coming off of hosting Super Bowl XLVI, it would have been huge for the city. It'd be an ideal place for Mania in the future.

In closing, I just want to say that I really think Vince McMahon should really start considering something, and I'll get into it in another blog, but it's the decisions like this that show us that Vince McMahon has lost his edge, and this really tells me that there is one thing that he really needs to consider:

RETIREMENT

That ends this entry. Tell me your thoughts, and follow me on Twitter @T_Hughes35
PEACE!!!

Submit "Thoughts On The Location For WrestleMania 29" to Digg Submit "Thoughts On The Location For WrestleMania 29" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts On The Location For WrestleMania 29" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts On The Location For WrestleMania 29" to Google

Comments

I would LOVE for WrestleMania to be in Philly. Apparently MetLife Stadium is too far away for me to go next year, so being in Philly would be GREAT!
    EXACTLY! It'd be an ideal location.
    Philly would be a good location...but not Lincoln Financial Field. I dont' see how Metlife Stadium works either. Outdoors in the beginning of April...In this region, there are no weather guarantees. I don't know much about Metlife Stadium and whether or not it has a retractable dome, but being from Philly, I know The Linc does not. Besides,

I'd hate to have Michael Vick even mentioned in wrestling. Sportscenter and Philly Sports Talk already drive him down our throats. I don't need MIchael Cole's endorsement too.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.