View RSS Feed

Dazzaschofield

WWE - Utilising The Current Titles

Rate this Entry
I was reading through a previous thread about unifying the two main WWE titles and was struck by a comment on there that was somewhere along the lines of...

"Unifying the titles is stupid as there wouldn't be enough title opportunities for 40 odd wrestlers"

After I picked my jaw up off the floor at this comment I decided to reply and part way through realised this warranted it's own blog.

I think unifying the two main titles is a brilliant idea and think it could help bring some prestige to the other titles that have been ignored for years.

I think we can all see by now that the two important titles are the WWE title and the Heavyweight Championship. There's others in there that we haven't seen for weeks. So here is my opinions of the titles and who should be in the 'levels' of these titles.

WWE Undisputed Championship/Unified Championship
The sooner they merge the two top titles in the company the better IMO. How can anyone claim to be 'the best in the world' when there is another 'top champ' coming out every week.

There should be one top title in the WWE that shows the holder to be the man, the best, the guys the company trusts it's future to.

In this category I would have the following superstars competing throughout the year;

CM Punk, John Cena, Kane, Randy Orton, Wade Barret, Chris Jericho, The Undertaker, Sheamus, The Miz and HHH.

The Intercontinental Championship
This title once held a lot of prestige, winning the intercontinental belt was like winnin MITB, it meant that soon your time would come and you were a likely candidate for the top title. At times the intercontinental matches were better than the WWE Title matches.

In this category I would have the following superstars competing throughout the year;

Cody Rhodes, Dolph Ziggler, Big Show, Alberto Del Rio, Ted Dibiase, Christian, Daniel Bryan, Rey Mysterio & R-Truth.

The United States Championship
I haven't followed the history of this belt too much but it seems very similar to the European title from back in the day, a good title to give to an up and coming star that WWE wanted to see if they could run with a title.

Zack Ryder, Sin Cara, Mason Ryan, Kofi Kingston, Justin Gabriel & Alex Riley.

The WWE Tag Team Championships
Possibly the most underused championship in the last 5 years. It's my opinion that tag teams and stables are where all the talent is found. As far as I can remember it was always with a Tag Team or a stable that major stars found their fame. HHH, Michaels, Hart, Batista, Orton, Hardy, Roode, Storm and even the Rock were all part of a Tag Team or stable before they made it big time.

I would basically use all of the underrated and unused talent lying around and fit people into stables and Tag Teams and this would include

Tyson Kidd, Tyler Rekks, Brodus Clay, Primo&Epico, The Usos, Trent Baretta, Michael McGuillicutty...hell I wouldn't even mind seeing a JTG/Mark Henry alliance that dominated the WWE for a while.

I thing the person who commented was wildly wrong and I think if they want to show that talent has got it then don't have them win MITB and head straight to the main event picture when they are still greener then Kofi's trunks. Have a structured title picture and have a star earn their stripes by working their way through the titles until they achieve the success. Don't just have them climb a ladder and then run out and win, it's cheap and doesn't do anything for character building.

***I didn't really mention the Diva's title as thats pretty simple, have more divas time and have some proper diva's matches****

Submit "WWE - Utilising The Current Titles" to Digg Submit "WWE - Utilising The Current Titles" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE - Utilising The Current Titles" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE - Utilising The Current Titles" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by DK Wrestling Savior
    Good idea, followed up by a pretty weak blog. Sorry, I don't usually bash bloggers, because they're just voicing their opinions...

but HHH and Undertaker? You do realize that they don't wrestle anymore, right? Neither of them will ever be in a title match again.

Also, I don't know why you're downplaying the US Title. It's every bit on the same level as the IC Title.

Where I do agree, is the person who commented about 40 people getting a title shot. That person obviously has his head permanently implanted in his own ass.
    I have to agree here. You need a little more substance in your blog and follow up on some of the ideas you made in the blog.
    Unifying the WWE & WHC would over be best for true wrestling fans. WWE is one company with 2 guys claiming to be the best that WWE has to offer. Originally the WWE title was supposed to be defended on both RAW & Smackdown. With the # 1 contenders alternating from both shows. Which would have increased competition which would mean Cena & Orton wouldn't have been in every PPV title match for the last 7 f*@king years.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper
    The IC title is not the MITB, or the #1 Contender belt. Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, and HTM are the most known IC champs, but neither of them won the World title, Rick was the only one in my knowledge that even got a match for the title, so I am a little tired of people saying that winning one title means you should get the other.

No, but being the IC champ in WWE makes you the number 1 contender to the WWE Championship. It's always been that way, ever since Pat Patterson won it. Most known IC champs? What about Savage and Warrior? What about Triple H, Austin, and the Rock.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.