View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Best Ways to Turn Face and Heel...Follow Up

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone. DK Wrestling Savior here...*I really need a new name*. I wanted to follow up on my previous blog regarding Face and Heel turns. I did get a lot of positive comments regarding it but I missed a segment and I wanted to add it here.

First, I want to say that while I did list the 5 best ways to become heel, one of those reasons were not being a baby or a weasel like Daniel Bryan or Christian. While it is a successful way to turn heel and get the fans against you, I feel it is really a cop out way to go.

Contrary to my last blog, where I listed some wrestlers who would benefit from a turn either Heel or Face. Here, I'm going to list those who have recently made a turn, and maybe shouldn't have.

Daniel Bryan - Heel Turn

I don't know how good of a move this really was. His character is weak with the constant yelling of "Yes" and "World Heavyweight Champion". He's sort of being buried by not being much of a credible champion. This heel turn is a lot like Christian's with his "One More Match" and not being able to beat anyone legit. It was a big deal when Daniel won the title and they had the celebration with him, Punk, and Ryder on Raw. I don't see what the heel turn really did for him, besides make his championship run being pretty much a joke.

R-Truth - Face Turn

I can see where this made sense from a "Little Jimmy" being funny and getting popular standpoint, and it does work, but I have been an advocate of The Miz and R Truth being paired up. I enjoyed their feud with HHH and things were pretty chaotic with them coming out of the crowd in hoodies and attacking whoever they could get their hands on. R Truth is face now, and while I still find him comedic, I don't see how he will be anything more than a filler in the Elimination Chamber and MITB at Wrestlemania...if there is one. Then after what, where would a face R Truth fit in?

Kane - Heel Turn

I get it. They needed to kill time so Rocky could prance around in front of a green screen, and call himself an actor. They needed a filler because The Rock is going to do the bare minimum to build this match up. And it was a smart move to do this heel turn, but what happens afterwards? Who knows what's going to happen with Kane after this Sunday? There's rumors of a match with him and Marc Henry at Wrestlemania. There's rumors of him being a part of MITB. Either way, it looks like it's back to the burial grounds, unless they continue to use him to kill time...I mean fuel the feud between Rock and Cena, on the days of Rock's absence. I like the feud, but it's so obvious why it's even going on. It'll be hard to turn Kane face again after this, so we'll see what happens. If he fights Henry, who will be the face?

Well these are the most relevant ones. The rest that come to mind are a bit outdated. I would do one on TNA except TNA has a habit of turning their champion heel as soon as they win.

Thanks for reading, I hope everyone has a great rest of the week. I won't be posting until after Raw on Monday but I'm looking forward to reading some good stuff in the next few days. Take care everyone.

Submit "Best Ways to Turn Face and Heel...Follow Up" to Digg Submit "Best Ways to Turn Face and Heel...Follow Up" to del.icio.us Submit "Best Ways to Turn Face and Heel...Follow Up" to StumbleUpon Submit "Best Ways to Turn Face and Heel...Follow Up" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well done DX Wrestling Saviour - Spot on with everything - especially R-Truth - I felt the exact same

Kane paired with Cena in my view was the worst they could've done. They need to keep Cena strong in the build up to The Rock, while Kane needed to look strong with his return
    IMO Bryan makes a far more interesting heel than he ever did face....they ran with him being a face for nearly ALL of 2011... and burried him....shiit... yea, I'll agree the whole transition with him turning heel was horribly done,and sloppy (almost thrown together), but I'd much rather see Bryan bitching on a weekly basis and actually winning matches(and getting t.v time)...than the 'E' underutilizing him, and having him job week in and week out..
    As for the rest of it, agree with you fully.

P.s; As for the name change, drop the "DK Wrestling" ....keep it simple, The Saviour...
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    IMO Bryan makes a far more interesting heel than he ever did face....they ran with him being a face for nearly ALL of 2011... and burried him....shiit... yea, I'll agree the whole transition with him turning heel was horribly done,and sloppy (almost thrown together), but I'd much rather see Bryan bitching on a weekly basis and actually winning matches(and getting t.v time)...than the 'E' underutilizing him, and having him job week in and week out..
    As for the rest of it, agree with you fully.

P.s; As for the name change, drop the "DK Wrestling" ....keep it simple, The Saviour...
    Hmmm, The Saviour. I like that. I'm going to use that in my next blog and credit you for it. Thanks

As for D Bryan, someone else commented regarding him as a heel in the Indy's...and it seems I didn't have the pleasure of seeing him in that role. I wish I did.
    A great followup to your last blag DK. I agree with you about Bryan. I think he would be ten times better if instead of making him similar to how Christian was, just making him aggressive. Win his matches with the labell lock, and just have him keep it sinked in, wrenching on it to do more damage. I would much rather see an aggressive D-Bry, over a conniving D-Bry.

I also agree with your comment on Truth. While his funny as a face, I feel like he could have been as funny, if not funnier, as a heel, and would have been better paired up still with The Miz.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.