View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

A Blog About....The Fans! Part 1

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
Hey Everyone. DK Wrestling Savior here putting up something new and different today. I'm going to blog about the IWC. There is a broad range of us and I'm going to do my best to touch on everyone. This isn't going to be negative and I have no intentions of insulting anyone, though I'm sure some feelings will be hurt. There are so many topics, I'm only going to mention the most popular based on comments I've received since I started blogging here this past fall. This is going to be long so bear with me. And, without further adieu, I will start with....

The Dolph Zigglites

I've noticed in the IWC that Dolph Ziggler's popularity is growing. Everyone sees him as the top player, the next greatest thing, etc...Here's the real deal on Dolph Ziggler. The only reason he draws heat is because of Vickie Guerrero. He talks pretty good on the mic. Yes, pretty good. He's not great. And he's currently got this Look like Mr Perfect, Act like Ric Flair, Sound like Shawn Michaels thing going on and honestly, he's not pulling it off all that well. I've seen comments like, "He sure looks like a champ to me" and "Dolph is the next face of the company". But if you noticed, his last few matches have proven that he's just not ready yet. He will be a star, when there are no more stars left in the WWE. That is when it will truly be his time. And a special note to everyone who tries making a case for him. Please understand that Wrestling is a scripted entertainment show that airs every week. It's choreographed and planned out. They follow a script and a format. So, the comments about how hard he's worked and he deserves this and that are completely nullified. Because it doesn't work that way, in a scripted show. He comes in, does what he's told, gets paid, and leaves. And none of you actually seem to understand that.

The Wade Barretteers

Here is a perfect example of someone who has just been skyrocketed into the spotlight from his first day out of NXT when he led the short-lived Nexus Invasion angle. He's been in battles with all the top stars and it would seem he's a major piece of the puzzle right now. But I think fans over-react a little when it comes to how great Wade Barrett really is. He's got size, and strength, and the look. But we all know, you need more than that. He's not great on the mic and his charisma is really non-existent. He has no presence to him. He's gotta start bringing a little more to the table. His promos sound like he's already accomplished all there is, and we should just induct him into the HOF now. Wade Barrett has a ways to go before I'm ready to buy into him. Think back to my WWE Future is Bleak blog. These are the reasons why I wrote that blog and why I strongly believe it to be.

Stuck in the Past

This is the category I think I'm in. I'm just as guilty, if not more so, of wishing we could have The Attitude Era back again. But thinking about, do we really miss The Attitude Era? Or do we miss the time when it existed? Many people have commented on my blogs before. The Attitude Era didn't exactly have great matches, but its intrigue came from it's edgy content and characters. I have to agree with that sentiment 100%. What we loved about the AE, was the fact that it was created to compete. There was competition. There was...options for us. TNA doesn't provide competition. WCW did. And both companies worked equally as hard to produce the best possible show each week. And that made it great. But we need to realize that it's never coming back. The WWE has gotten very lazy in its comfort zone and we need to just accept it for what it is. And unless I hit the $250 million powerball and buy TNA, it will never compete. But in our defense, we must embrace the product it is today, but it doesn't mean we have to be happy with its stale and lackluster state.

This went a lot longer than I anticipated so I'm making this a two-part blog. There's more groups. I did my best to keep it as not negative as I could. I'm sure there are many disagreements because there's many people that I described to a T. It doesn't mean you're wrong, or I'm right. It just means that how we are as fans.

As always, I welcome comments. I have a lot of fun writing for you guys. I love the discussions and the debates. Thank you all for reading. Have a great rest of the week and I'll be posting part 2 in a few days.

Submit "A Blog About....The Fans! Part 1" to Digg Submit "A Blog About....The Fans! Part 1" to del.icio.us Submit "A Blog About....The Fans! Part 1" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Blog About....The Fans! Part 1" to Google

Comments

I completely agree. Ziggler will be a player in the near future but he is hyped up quite a bit. He is good at selling moves and even performing but I do like him. Barrett just isn't my cup of tea. I'm never excited to see him come out because it seems like I will see the same old match or the same old 'Barrett Barrage' speech
    I could care less about Ziggler because I personally don't see what others do in him either. I would also be inclined to agree with your views on Barrrett.

However, I do take issue with your statement "Please understand that Wrestling is a scripted entertainment show that airs every week. It's choreographed and planned out. They follow a script and a format. So, the comments about how hard he's worked and he deserves this and that are completely nullified. Because it doesn't work that way, in a scripted show. He comes in, does what he's told, gets paid, and leaves. And none of you actually seem to understand that." It would appear that you are the one that does not understand how the wrestling business works. You honestly don't think that their career involves doing that little. What you see on TV every week is just a few minutes of the dedication and actual work that they put into their persona and in-ring abilities to entertain you.
    I'm not stuck in the Atitude Era, because of the terrible main events, but you shed a real light on Wade Barrett for me, although I still like him, you raised a great point.
    So who do you like ? Lol
    Great points made all around and I gotta agree with almost everything you said. I think the only think I saw fit to dispute was the last bit you said about Ziggler. Yeah WWE tells him to do all of that stuff and what not, but he does it better than almost everyone on the roster and that's where everyone begins creaming their pants over him. I don't think they need to give him a world title reign now or tomorrow or even in the near future, because you're right...he ISN'T ready. He's probably the closest one to being ready, but as of now, you're right, not a chance. As for Barrett I completely agree, no chance of him having a credible world title reign. People need to calm down with all of these "he needs to be champ, he needs this" comments. They don't know what they want and they're the same people who'll complain when he does get the belt. Anyway, great blog. Looking forward to the next part(s).

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.