View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

Blog Wars 12: Top 5 Foreign Wrestlers

Rate this Entry
Welcome to another exciting edition of Blog Wars. Last week deadly56 reign came to an early end to Wade Barrett 1979. Could we see the start of the Barrett Barrage or will he lose to newcomer DBrocks.
Top 5 Foreign Wrestlers to wrestle in the US
This list is very broad but let's see how our competitors think for this one. Only rule is they must have wrestled for a MAJOR Promotion.

DBrocks
This is my first shot on a blog and I am happy to get the chance in Blog Wars so bear with me some.

5. Andre the Giant
Responsible for many great moments in the WWE. He is a true rags to riches story, coming from the farms in France to Wrestlemania. Even though he had a hard time with his size, he did the best he could in the ring traveling around the world for the fans.
4. Chris Jericho
One of the reasons WCW failed was because they didn't capitalize on talent like this. Jericho has proved that he is one best in business and is a well balanced guy which is rare.
3. The British Bulldog
One of the best guys to never win the World title. But even without it, he still had a great career with different singles titles and being apart of one of the best tag teams around. It's ashame we didn't get to see a comeback after his death.
2. William Regal
Another guy who never won the big one. Regal has trained many successful guys and is great in the ring. He has had many memorable moments with the WWE in the ring and outside of it.
1. Jimmy Snuka
Along with some very memorible moments in wrestling, Snuka is the first ECW champion and is responsible for bring the high flying style of wrestling to the WWE, paving the way for many guys to come in.

Wade Barrett 1979
Thanks to everyone who voted for me the last time. I hope as many of you agree with my choices again.

Top 5 foreign wrestlers:

No.5: Ivan Putski - Krakow, Poland

Putski is a former WWF World Tag Team Champion with Tito Santana. Ivan was known to have an ongoing feud with another professional at the time, 'Superstar' Billy Graham over the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, who also had an incredible physique and strength, which led to many pose-downs, arm wrestling bouts, and long, physical matches between the two. Other rivals included Iron Sheik, Ivan Koloff, and Jesse 'The Body' Ventura, who when commentating for the WWF would refer to Putski as "Puduski" in much the same way he would later refer to Tito Santana as "Chico".

No.4: Killer Kowalski - Ontario, Canada

Kowalski wrestled for numerous promotions during his career, including the NWA and WWF, and was a known heel wrestler. He held numerous championships including the WWWF World Tag Team Championship with Big John Studd billed as The Executioners and managed by Lou Albano. After retiring in 1977, Kowalski started a professional wrestling school in Malden, Massachusetts and trained many professional wrestlers, including Triple H, Ron Zombie, Chyna, Former Ring of Honour World Heavyweight Champion Eddie Edwards and Kofi Kingston

No.3: Pedro Morales - Culebra, Puerto Rico

He began his wrestling career as a teenager in 1959 and continued through to the late 1980s. Morales was the first man in wrestling history to win all three major men's titles in the World Wrestling Federation: the WWF World Heavyweight Championship, the Intercontinental Championship and the WWF World Tag Team Championship. He was inducted into the WWF Hall of Fame in 1995. Morales was also the first Latin American and Hispanic wrestler to win the World Heavyweight and Intercontinental titles and to enter the Hall of Fame.

No.2: Andre the Giant - Grenoble, France

In the World Wrestling Federation, Andre was a one time WWF World Champion and a one time WWF World Tag Team ChampionIn 1993, he was the first inductee into the WWF Hall of Fame

No.1: Bret 'The Hitmam' Hart - Alberta, Canada

Hart has held championships in every decade from the 1970s onward, with a total of thirty-two held throughout his career, and seventeen held between the WWF/WWE and WCW. He is a seven-time world champion, having held the WWF Championship five times and the WCW World Heavyweight Championship twice. He spent more time as WWF Champion than any other wrestler during the 1990s, with a total of 654 days as champion, and was the first WCW World Heavyweight Champion born outside the United States. He is also a record-tying five times WCW/WWF US Champion, with his four WCW reigns being the most in the history of the organization; and the second WWF Triple Crown Champion and fifth WCW Triple Crown Champion. He was the first man to win both the WWF and WCW Triple Crown Championships. In addition to championships, he is the 1994 Royal Rumble Winner winner, and the only two-time King of the Ring in WWE history, having won the 1991 tournament and the first KOTR PPV in 1993. Hart was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2006 by former on-screen rival, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

That's it for this week and don't forget to vote at the bottom. Stay tuned for next week as I have a huge list planned.

Submit "Blog Wars 12: Top 5 Foreign Wrestlers" to Digg Submit "Blog Wars 12: Top 5 Foreign Wrestlers" to del.icio.us Submit "Blog Wars 12: Top 5 Foreign Wrestlers" to StumbleUpon Submit "Blog Wars 12: Top 5 Foreign Wrestlers" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My vote goes to Wade Barrett 1979. But where was Edge?
    It's not even a contest, wade berett 1979 wins by a mile
    Wade Barrett 1979
    I'd go with Wade Barrett 1979 ​on this one too
    Wade Barett...only reason is Bret!! But I hoped to see william regal in the list...!!!!
    I'm from Canada, that doesn't mean I'm foreign, so I'll give it to DBrocks.
    I'll go with Wade, nicely done though.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.