View RSS Feed

ECWStyle

WWE: What Grinds My Gears

Rate this Entry
I've been doing some thinking - there are loads of things that annoy me about WWE at the minute. So, I thought I's write this blog, and see what your comments are.

Cut Down On The PPVs
Somebody give me one good reason why Vengeance was brought back. And there are others, like Over The Limit and Capitol Punishment, which serve absolutely nothing to WWE in terms of buy rates and viewers.

Is Teddy Long Still GM?
Well get rid of him then. Make him a manager again, there needs to be a fresh GM on SmackDown.

Drew McIntyre
Anyone else remember when this guy was 'The Chosen One'? He's 26 for god's sake, give him a US Title run or something.

Make Dolph Lose Vickie
He's proven himself. Time for her to adopt a different up and coming heel.

Change The Announcers
GET RID OF KING. Take Cole off RAW and keep him on SD as the heel commentator. GET RID OF KING. Give Josh Matthews the lead slot on RAW, and bring Matt Striker in as the heel. GET RID OF KING.

Use The Developmental
For WWE's sole training ground, we do not see enough guys from FCW turning up on the main roster. Sort it out!

Secondary Title Defences
...need to happen more often. Simple point.

Cena to turn blue?
There isn't room for two non-allied super babyfaces on one brand. WWE need to spot this. Draft Cena to SmackDown, keep Punk on RAW.

RKO Face or RKO Heel?
It's agreed on that Randy Orton was a lot better as a heel than he is as a babyface. So, to go with my above point, draft him to RAW and have him turn heel against Punk.

Really?
Yes. The Miz turning face. Really? Yes. Sheamus pulled it off, why can't the Miz?

More Managers
Flashback to the 1980s and the 1990s. They were a critical part of a wrestlers persona back then, and now, apart from Vickie, who does WWE have?

Think Back...
Last summmer, the two hottest feuds, Cena vs Punk and Orton vs Christian (at the start) were face vs. face. It's proven to work, so WWE should capitalize on their findings.

Keep Commentators At Their Table
Last year: JR & King vs Cole & Swagger. Booker vs Cody. Striker vs Young. Anyone at all think an announcer and a 52-year-old-wrestler-who-wasn't-very-good-in-the-first-place should be on the higher card at Wrestlemania?

Differentiate The Heels
Not saying every heel should be an unstoppable monster, but fewer cowardly ones, please.

Lack of Personality?
Babyface divas. A blind man couldn't tell them apart. They just smile and laugh. Whats the point?

Check The Rulebook...
I remember hearing there was a rule that a title had to be defended every 30 days. By ignoring that rule, which WWE is doing, WWE's titles are becoming relics.

Matches>Promos
I much prefer to see a show open with a match. And the 5% of the time they do, it is great. Now I'm all for WWE building up feuds, but there haven't half been some crap shown at the beginning of the other 95% of WWE's shows.

Stretch It Out
Triple H vs. CM Punk could and should have been the feud of 2011. And it was give what, a month? Come on...

Use It or Lose It
The WWE draft means nothing thanks to the 'SuperShow' concept. Read heading for more info.

‚ÄčAutomatic Rematches
Does the loser of the Superbowl get another shot it it the next week? No. Doesn't happen and never will. So why do it with the world title?!

Leave a comment, they're all welcome

Submit "WWE: What Grinds My Gears" to Digg Submit "WWE: What Grinds My Gears" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE: What Grinds My Gears" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE: What Grinds My Gears" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Randy Orton isn't really a face and really isn't a heel, he's a chaotic neutral. Cena and Punk aren't "babyfaces", as babyface tends to refer more-so to a Hogan-esque, do no wrong, "eat your vitamins and say your prayers"-style face. Face is just "good" aligned. Cena somewhat qualifies as a babyface style character, but Punk sure as hell does not. It's like comparing Hogan and Austin, they just don't add up, yet they have the highest level of visibility in the company.

They need to utilize talent across the shows to build storylines instead of splitting them for no real reason any longer. (The original reason being their roster after buying out ECW and WCW was gargantuan.) This is something that would help to build stronger PPVs and feed unpredictability among the shows. If they wanted to build truly good PPVs they should cut the number presented down to where they have one once every two months.

Miz can't do it because his entire career up to this point has been getting people to hate him. Do you remember the last time Miz was a face? He sucked massive balls. Whereas Sheamus was already a pretty awesome tweener when he was rising on ECW.
    i agree with everything EXCEPT the promos < matches i love waiting for raw to see what someones going to stay, if it started with a match, it really doesnt have any long term impact on wwe , so i think the first thing that a show should start with is something to remember
    Not a bad post, i'll give you what I agree with before the stuff I disagree with.

Agree: WWE does need to cut PPVs. I'd go as far to say between 8-10, really make storylines last longer and mean something.

Ziggler getting rid of Vickie makes sense, it's about time he thrusts himself into the WWE title picture.

Cena going to SD would be great, it should have really happened last draft. He'd still be on Monday nights Supershow and help SDs ratings on Fridays.

Miz turning face would be great, I think he's as charismatic on the mic as anyone in the WWE, almost Jericho-esque really.

I'd like to see more FCW guys myself, even if it's in squash matches on the main shows.

Orton as heel is great, i'd change him, but leave him on SD.

Disagree: I think keeping Long is essential to SD. Raw has their (kind of) GM in HHH/Lauriniatis, SD has Long.

Having more managers sounds like a good idea, but who do they have as manager talent? Cole who they need at the commentators table? Long who is the SD GM?

Don't change the announcers. Cole and King have been around a long time, and you see what kind of fan backlash you can get after seeing JR leave the table a few times.
    Managers are sorely lacking in WWE, I think it's above all else. There are a lot of guys in the WWE that are floundering because they can't talk, at all... and it's simply solved by having a manager.
    WWE need to quit having 1-5 minute diva matches. Everyone knows Beth Phoenix will win every TV show event until she faces Kharma in WM 28.
    Quote Originally Posted by PhEonYx
    I'm going to start off by saying; great blog! Thoughts and opinions; couldnt have agreed more! Cant wait to see the heat you get back from The King comments.... but TOTALLY AGREE with it bud. Rant/Facts; you nailed it bro, good read.
    thanks man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaz11
    I like this blog, good blog mate. I take it your a Family Guy fan?
    I am, but i dont think i mentioned it in this blog, where did you thing it was? And thanks for the comment
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.