This Week's Wrestling Top 5
by, 02-10-2012 at 11:32 PM (2788 Views)
1. All the build-up for Jericho's return, and for what? "wanna-be's"? "Jericho wanna-bes?" That's a pretty weak premise as far his reasons for coming back. It has no substance or depth. Also, none of Jericho's comparisons to other wrestlers made much sense. His promo this week really hurt his intrigue. While CM Punk was only mocking Jericho's "no-talk" segments, it was also totally appropriate to not say a word to that promo by Jericho due to it's lack of reason and rational. Quite frankly, on the microphone (and in physical coordination), Jericho just ain't in Punk's league.
2. Meanwhile, Triple H buried the Undertaker (pun zinger!), and put an end to the only thing Taker has going for him, his other-worldly gimmick. While IWC'ers gush over taker on here, the truth is, he's old, fragile, and can't move quickly. It's a blessing that taker only wrestles once a year anymore, because if he were on a regular schedule, we'd all get bored really fast. If HHH vs. Taker is going to happen again, it surely just took a major hit now that Trips is making it all about him, and not about a supernatural force. He made taker look weak, un-powerful, and overall unimportant. It makes their impending match some definite NON-must-see-TV.
3. TNA in Wembly was a nice fit. While the WWE makes the exact same atmosphere for every arena, TNA's change in theme made me much more intrigued to watch. Sure, they are still booking poorly, but if they start giving different looks to different venues, (like ECW did), it would spice things up and grab the attention of the common viewer, instead of the exact same set up over, and over, and over, and over... and as far as the booking, here's an idea: If your'e going to give the people Sting, why don't you make it at a PPV and not just give it away on Impact? If you give people too much of something, it loses its effectiveness, and Sting doesn't have a lot to give anyway, so making his wrestling appearances rare are vital to keeping us interested.
4. Why would you book AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels on Impact, and then AJ vs. Kazarian at the PPV? Daniels is the mastermind, isn't he the final straw? I think ol' Easy-E got it backwards on that one.
5. Now that Michael Cole has backed off his Sean Hannity impersonation, he's not as bad to listen to as he was. He's still not great, but there's an improvement.