View RSS Feed

imdielawn

Working With What We Have - TNA

Rate this Entry
Since Hogan and Bischoff showed up in TNA, I stopped watching every week but I still keep up with everything and watched everything leading up to Destination X last year. With Hogan and Bischoff taking most of the face time on TV I slowed down watching again. Now since we haven't really had any good new stars come in besides a few X-Division guys (which are great) I figure TNA is working with what they already have.

Since we are probably going to be stuck with the current roster (minus a few releases) I feel like we should all make good with what we have. So I've been thinking a lot with what TNA should be doing with their current product to make each division as strong as the next and here is what I came up with...

World Title Picture -
I feel like these stars on the current roster should contend for the World Title:
Abyss, AJ Styles, Bobby Roode, Bully Ray, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle & Mr. Anderson.

I would like for Bobby Roode to retain the World title at Against All Odds by Bully Ray letting Roode get the pin on him (taking the easy way out). Impact following Against All Odds would show Bully Ray calling out Bobby Roode (in a friendly manor) as the two "fake" argue about Roode defeating Ray. After a few back and forth comments to each other "fake" arguing, Roode plays a video of two agreeing over Bully Ray taking the loss for a rematch for the belt at Impact just between the two. After the video plays, the two agree on the match later in the night, with Roode confident that Ray will throw the match again for Roode. Bully Ray then knocks out Roode and puts him through a table. Ray gets on the microphone and says "See you tonight."

Sting makes a six man Battle Royal between Abyss, AJ Styles, James Storm, Jeff Hardy, Kurt Angle and Mr. Anderson for the number one contender spot at the World Title at Victory Road.

Haven't really decided where to go from there, but this sets up a fresh story line with Bully Ray / Bobby Roode and a new number one contender.

Television Title Picture -
This belt has to go. It is hardly ever defended and it's hardly ever seen on TV.

X-Division Title Picture -
Anthony Neese, Austin Aries, Brian Kendrick, D'Angelo Dinero, Eric Young, Jesse Sorensen, Kid Kash, Mark Haskins, Samoa Joe & Zema Ion should be the core X-Division from the current roster.

I think everyone can agree that Samoa Joe shined the most in the X-Division and his style fits that division the best. He will have much better matches with guys like Kid Kash, Austin Aries, Zema Ion, and Brian Kendrick than other wrestlers where he has to slow down his move set like with Matt Morgan & Crimson.

Scott Steiner will never win a Championship in TNA which everyone can pretty much agree, so I feel he should move into the X-Division as a manager. He would be a great mouth piece for someone in the Division as we all know that the current X-Division doesn't have much for guys who can shoot promos. While he's been around for a while, I think Kid Kash would be a great wrestler to pair with Scott Steiner... Not sure why, I just feel like they would fit together well.

I absolutely cannot stand Gunner. I don't think he has enough talent to really fit anywhere on the TNA roster. So I think Ric Flair should break away from him and become the manager for current X-Division Champion Austin Aries. I think Austin Aries has the mentality of an amazing cocky heel, much like Flair and would be the best fit for ANYONE Ric Flair could manage on the roster. (AJ was a bad choice and hurt him in my opinion.)

Putting Samoa Joe (former TNA Champion), and Legends like Ric Flair and Scott Steiner into the X-Division will make it look a lot more credible and add more focus to it, without having older stars outshine the new ones.

Have Christopher Daniels claim to be the new head of Fortune, adding an X-Division star like Anthony Neese or Jesse Sorensen into the stable to give them a bigger name in the company. Leaving Fortune with Christopher Daniels and Kazarian (w/ Traci Brooks) going for the Tag Team Titles and an either Anthony Neese or Jesse Sorensen in the X-Division with two big TNA names (Daniels & Kazarian) in his corner.

Tag Team Title Picture -
Have Christopher Daniels and Kazarian w/ Traci Brooks (Fortune) as one of the main teams in the Division going against Robbie E & Robbie T (Bro Dudes), Magnus & Douglas Williams (British Invasion), MCMG (Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin), Crimson & Matt Morgan, and Hernandez & Anarquia (Mexican America) w/ Jeff Jarrett as their Manager (to continue him living in Mexico).

Have a storyline going with each team getting involved with the Tag Champs (Crimson & Morgan) leading up to a big Four Way Tag Team Title match at Victory road putting Fortune vs. Robbie E & T vs. British Invasion vs. Crimson and Morgan. Christopher Daniels would get the win by pinning Crimson. This would make the Tag Division bigger because Crimson lost his winning streak in a tag match to lose the titles which no one would see.

This would bring the division to six legit teams (Five active until Sabin returns.) and a feud between Fortune and Crimson / Morgan going.

Odds & Ends -
TNA should release Devon and Shannon Moore who really have nothing going on and really nothing to give the company at this point.

Rob Van Dam should go back to WWE for one final run, he has just kind of been lost in the shuffle with TNA.

Garett Bischoff and Gunner should go to developmental we all know that Hogan and Bischoff are toooooo high on these two guys so they won't be released (and it's Bischoff's son) so I think they should fine tune their skills at least.

Both Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan should remain in a backstage capacity while Sting stays on as the "Head" of TNA.

I didn't add anything with the Knockouts Division as that's the only part of the product I don't keep up with.

Final Thoughts -
While I don't care for the product as much since Bischoff and Hogan came in, I do have to say the look of the show has turned around completely and is great. I just think keeping them on TV is making it look more and more like WCW.

If I was able to sign on anyone, I would bring back Homicide for LAX and just keep Anarquia on as an enforcer for the team. I'd also bring back Petie Williams and Jay Lethal as I feel they were huge parts of the X-Division.

Final Roster -

World Title Contenders:
Abyss
AJ Styles
Bobby Roode
Bully Ray
James Storm
Jeff Hardy
Kurt Angle
Mr. Anderson

X-Division:
Anthony Neese (Possibly w/ Fortune)
Austin Aries w/ Ric Flair
Brian Kendrick
D'Angelo Dinero
Eric Young
Jesse Sorensen (Possibly w/ Fortune)
Kid Kash w/ Scott Steiner
Mark Haskins
Samoa Joe
Zema Ion

Tag Team:
Motor City Machine Guns - Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin
Fortune - Christopher Daniels & Kazarian w/ Traci Brooks
Robbie E & Robbie T
British Invasion - Magnus & Douglas Williams
Mexican America - Hernandez & Anarquia w/ Jeff Jarrett
Crimson & Matt Morgan

Submit "Working With What We Have - TNA" to Digg Submit "Working With What We Have - TNA" to del.icio.us Submit "Working With What We Have - TNA" to StumbleUpon Submit "Working With What We Have - TNA" to Google

Updated 02-10-2012 at 02:44 PM by imdielawn

Tags: 2012, ideas, roster, tna
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I like most of the ideas, especially the tag-teams, title pictures, and Fortune remake, but one sour note, The Pope is not an X-Division competator, or even a high-flyer, but other than that, good shit, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Piper
    I like most of the ideas, especially the tag-teams, title pictures, and Fortune remake, but one sour note, The Pope is not an X-Division competator, or even a high-flyer, but other than that, good shit, bro.
    Thanks for the read and reply Piper! I think with Dinero's speed and style, that he would be a good grappling style wrestler. I love the way he used to hit the Dinero Express out of nowhere, think that would be cool to throw into X-Division matches. Thanks again!
    Not bad ideas at all. A couple of notes: Though they aren't doing anything with Devon, he certainly has a good backstage presence that would be needed to bring up the future guys. Plus, i'm almost sure that Bully Ray would have some say in whether his friend and partner of so long stays or goes. I love the manager choices, and who you put them on. Putting Flair on Aries would be gold. I think Aries is good enough on the mic to pull it off by himself, but with Flair...it would be great.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.