View RSS Feed

5 Finger Death Punch

Best Ring Entrances

Rate this Entry
Whether it is the big "pop", the lights, the ceremony, the music or the circunstance everbody has an entrance that brings the chills and increases the pulse pounding.

10. Rowdy Roddy Piper...bagpipes and march
9. Nikita Koloff slow walk to the ring, cage match, all the Horsemen are in the ring, surrounding Dusty...The Russians were feuding with Dusty and magnum TA. Nikita climbs in, much the surprise of Flair and AA...Flair smiles and steps aside to allow Nikita to go after Dusty. Nikita does his muscle flex, toungue pointing down and runs across the ring and hits the Russian Sickle(sp?) on Flair. Dusty and Nikita cleaned house and formed the Super Powers.
8. The Rock...if you smell what he is cookin'!
7. Stone Cold...glass breakin' and beer drinkin'
6. Jimmy Garvin...Cause every girl's crazy 'bout a Sharp Dressed Man...strut, air freshener spray, Precious and sequins!!
5. NWO...N...N....nWo...deir-deir...deir-deir
4. Road Warriors...Ozzy's Iron Man, war paint, shoulder pads and spikes and 2 big athletic monsters.
3. DX...HHH & Shawn....green X's and that video...Don't forget the crotch chop and the "SUCK It"!
2. Goldberg....the music, the locker room view with head banging into the lockers, the LOUD chant of GOLDBERG and his entrance pose, punches and blowing smoke from his nose...all in a slow, I'ev been there B4 walk!
1. Nature Boy Ric Flair...the anticipation...the robes and 2001 Space Odessey blairing throughout the arena....

No Hogan...see nWo...I hated the Real American, strut around the ring, hands to the ears, begging for cheers and ripping a pre-torn t-shirt!
I would list Hacksaw Jim Duggan, The Red Rooster, Brooklyn Brawler, Eugene and the Funkasauras Brodus Clay over Hogan...Ut-oh...my bad.

I'd also give an Honorable mention to the Macho Man Randy Savage and TNA's Sting. For the ladies...whatever Mickey James or Trish Stratus do/did, wear ,,,you get the point!

Submit "Best Ring Entrances" to Digg Submit "Best Ring Entrances" to del.icio.us Submit "Best Ring Entrances" to StumbleUpon Submit "Best Ring Entrances" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    To add to your list I'd go with-

The Rock-heel Hollywood helicopter entrance.

Triple H-Last years Wrestlemania Metallica battle scene then cuts into his normal intro.

HBK-Coming from the sky in all white to face the Undertaker. Also HBK flying through the air at Wrestlemania before he wrestled Bret Hart

Fabulous Freedbirds (Original)-A soon as Lynard Skynard "Freebird" hit and they came out is was epic. Especially since not a lot of wrestlers were using intro music at that time.
    Gangrel/Brood and the undertaker
    No Undertaker, No Sting, No Brothers Of Destruction, No Bret Hart, No Shawn Michaels, No Edge, No Triple H, the list goes on. You left out a bunch!
    BRODUS CLAY OVER HOGAN?! YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR FREAKING MIND!!!
    Loved the Freebirds, with Freebird, way over Bad Street Atlanta GA...

Love Stings TNA entrance...

hated Hogan, HBK, so didn't like their entances...

Omitted HHH the Game...didn't care much for the brothers of pain entrance...personally...good call tho'...had list of 10!
    SELF HIGH FIVE...... I'm just saying.....

Also loved Edge's when he used to come through the crowd. The Ultimate Warrior was basically about about his intro, his matches sucked but he got the crowd going

The New Age Outlaws intro I miss too. Oh you didn't know?

I guess good entrances don't always mean good matches to follow them but sometimes they get both right
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.