View RSS Feed

The Piper

From the Dungeon to the Doghouse: Tyson Kidd

Rate this Entry
Tyson Kidd was the last ever graduate of the Hart Family Dungeon, an acolade he is never uncomfortable spreading around. Tyson started in the WWE as a tag-team remake of the British Bulldogs, and went on to be like a disrespected Bulldog: Stuck in the Doghouse. Tyson Kidd has got nowhere left to go in creatives eyes, but the IWC knows that the WWE Creative team is blinder than a newborn snake.

The Look
A natural born Cruserweight Champion, but with the Cruserweight Strap out of commission, the next applicable thing for Tyson would (and should) be the United States champion, but I digress. Tyson Kidd looks like he should be a champion (especially with that amazing tuff of hair he used to have, I cried when he shaved it.), but not a World Champion, ever. WWE's problem now (one of the many) is that they think that nobody will be successful without a World title, but look at Rick Rude, Mr. Perfect, and even The Honkey Tonk Man.

The Wrestling
One of the most pure, skilled, and fantastic wrestlers on the roster, he can do almost every mat and submission move thinkable, but his finisher is limited to a spinning Fisherman buster, instead of the many high flying, self-destructive, and gloriously elegant moves he can do otherwise. Tyson Kidd is one of the many jobbers who can put on a better show wrestling than Stone Cold ever could randomly beating up a referee, or John Cena could in another bad, time wasting promo

Mic Skills
I don't even know how Tyson is on the Mic, because WWE is scared of putting him anywhere near the shows that don't begin with N, and end with XT, a sad fate for an amazingly talented man. But if he needs some work on the mic, at least put him on the mic for improvement, and not limiting him to just wrestling.

Miscellaneous
Does anyone remember the bodyguard that Tyson Kidd had for about 2-3 weeks in 2010? Does anyone but me remember his heel turn at Old School 2010? Or even the fact that he actually won a U.S. Championship Number 1 Contenders match on Superstars in early 2011 when Daniel Bryan was the Champ? Needless to say, Tyson must have pissed someone in the WWE off, because his storylines only last a maximum of 3 weeks on SD! and RAW.

Conclusion
WWE needs to take a risk with Tyson Kidd, they need to try to build him up as a heel on one of the major shows, and see if the crowd will get behind him, instead of him being in dark matches, or restricted to NXT. Allow this Kid(d) some time on the microphone to see what he has to offer to the company, and when all is said and done, give him a minor title. Stop having him rely on the "Hart Legacy" thing, because neither him nor Natalya are benefiting from it, because people will compare Tyson to Davey Boy or Dynamite Kid, even while he is still a jobber, lowering people's initial perspective on him.

Submit "From the Dungeon to the Doghouse: Tyson Kidd" to Digg Submit "From the Dungeon to the Doghouse: Tyson Kidd" to del.icio.us Submit "From the Dungeon to the Doghouse: Tyson Kidd" to StumbleUpon Submit "From the Dungeon to the Doghouse: Tyson Kidd" to Google

Updated 02-02-2012 at 07:14 PM by The Piper

Tags: nxt, tyson kidd, wwe
Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I agree 100% with you on Tyson. Either creative needs to show this talented young man some love or let him go so he can be something other than a punching bag. I don't know how many times i have to say this but everything thats wrong with WWE is Vinces fault. Vince loves big bulky bodybuilders not good mat wrestlers. Punk, Bryan, Hart, Micheals all must have earned Vinces respect some how.
    yeah!!! I donno how Vince liked Bret, Shawn, Punk n Bryan...but, He generally never encourages good mat wrestlers...tyson kidd is one hell of a wrestler n he can put a gr8 match with abs any ne in the roster..yet WWe is not at all giving him any credit...
    lol good blog, but have to fully disagree with the hair. I hated that. Not even in the heel form, I just hated him for it. But idk I guess we will see where he goes from here. Needs to work on his charisma. I just remember when he was tag champ the fans just would not get behind him at all. They all just got behind Brett
    Great Blog Piper! I have to agree with you most of this blog. Tyson has always impressed me in the ring, but he has never been quick on the mic, which I feel is his major problem. This obviously isn't going to help him get in with the politics in the back.

I think the biggest mistake for him was too come in with the "Hart Foundation Jr" gimmick. I know others will disagree with me, but where are they all now? The only one that has truly come out smelling like a rose out of that bunch was Natalia.
    While i dont think a cruiserweight tittle has much value in the WWE anymore (mainly because i think it puts a limit on your heavyweight tittle) i do think there should be some sort or lesser singles tittle that these sorta guys could have a run with. The problem i see with giving someone like Tyson a US or IC belt is that usually the person that holds that is a person who will be or could potentially be a World Tittle holder and you said it yourself, Tyson shouldnt be a World champ, well not at this point anyway.
    I agree with you completely though. Tyson is better than being wasted on NXT and losing to Hornswoggle.
    you guys interested in being in a nxt show on xbox360 wwe12?
    Great blog, and Grizzly_Shark, great picture lol.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.