View RSS Feed

Los Conquistador

Answer me this about Cena and Rey

Rating: 4 votes, 2.50 average.
(Authors note: This started off as thread but went off the handle and hope it makes a decent blog, thanks)

Recently here on the forum i was reading one of the IWC superstar polls and noticed that Rey Mysterio has been going over a lot of the other IWC favorites. while reading the comments majority of the guys who voted were all in support for Rey for reason he can put on great matches after certain injuries.

I then read about twenty nine other threads all wanting cena heel, cena is boring, gimmick is old, same old shit, can't wrestle. The same things people have been complaining about for five years. NON STOP!!

To me the Hypocrisy of these people burns like gonorrhea.
I'll admit it, i hated cena for these reason, 5 YEARS AGO!!! like everyone else
but i and few select others in the IWC can move on and appreciate John Cena THE WRESTLER now
yet people still hate on Cena and mark out for Rey

Cena has recently taken a backseat from the title picture (something people always wanted) despite earning his way there with countless top draw matches i.e vs punk MITB, vs Triple H Wrestlemania 22, vs Shawn Michaels Raw 2007.
Whether people like it or not, he earned his way there fighting guys like lesner, taker and angle.
Rey got to the title picture by exploiting Eddie Guerreros death and breaking Takers orbital bone.

Cena has petitioned the creative team to put over other guys constantly like Evan Bourne, Zack Ryder and even got Punk up to the permanent main event standard.
Rey on the other has got paranoid countless time about new guys stealing his spot and refused to put over Dolph Ziggler, who wouldn't get his IC title push for another year, but drops the title to John Morrison who until then was picking up wins over World Champ CM Punk. However i will give him credit for Cody Rhodes although creative should have pushed him year before then after the dissolution of Legacy, but that's another story.

Cena started his WWE career as a nameless, faceless drone before turning into a vanilla ice heel for almost two years before getting over as a face with cathy phrases that got SUPER OVER!!, contrary to what people say he has tweaked that character countless times over the years.
Rey debuted in WWE as a face the same time as Cena. since then his character has never changed apart from an entrance that needed changing to protect his shitty knee.

Cena has been criticized for his 5 moves of doom, but not rey for punch, kick, dropkick, hurrancanrana, finisher.
Seriously, come on, no one else wanna call out this. Cena can wrestle contrary to whatever middle-age male dominated crowd will chant. i know he can, you know he can, those same crowds know he can. Rey can't wrestle....anymore.
what ever 5-star matches he put on before are long over, he needs carrying and can't go 7 minutes in the ring without injuring himself, he then gets paranoid again over his pay and appearances as normally talents who get injured often lose jobs or take pay cuts, rey demands more money and less appearances. Cena has never been reported as looking for more money and has invested his entire life into wwe i.e films, interviews, tv show spots, granting wishes, visiting troops, all this ahead of his own marriage - Dedication.
Injuries - Rey has had countless injuries but has worked through certain ones before taking time off for surgeries. This has got him over with many of the IWC
yet ZERO credit has gone to cena for wrestling a handicap match one day after batista broke his neck, not to mention retruning from his tron pec muscle after two months instead of the recommended six.
anyone? no
still no credit

my point is why is Cena still hated today while Rey is praised beyond comprehension.
why do fans boo a guy who does nothing but good things, is it some sort of Bono effect? I don't know, i just don't get it.
All of the reasons fans boo Cena are simply outdated and people need to move along and maybe get behind the guy now.
why not?
anyone who doesn't like cena AND rey, thats fine, thats understandable, thats fair
but to the guys who curse Cena and Praise Rey (and you're there, probably reading this) that kind of double standard thinking is why the IWC isn't taken seriously

so there it is, some logical thinking and comparisons, bias arguably but its MY opinion.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Submit "Answer me this about Cena and Rey" to Digg Submit "Answer me this about Cena and Rey" to del.icio.us Submit "Answer me this about Cena and Rey" to StumbleUpon Submit "Answer me this about Cena and Rey" to Google

Comments

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have to agree with Robstar on the grammar side of it, would be better if it was a little clearer to read! But that aside, thought it was a very good blog! I am very anti Cena, but at the same time am anti Rey as well. I used to love Mysterio back in the WCW days and even when he first came into WWE but he is as (possibly more) stale than Cena! He deserves respect for all he has done in the business but him becoming the WHC was not believable at all. Look forward to the next blog!
    Very poor blog why tell people what they should do Cena sucks & so does Vince
    agree with the icon.. and i do think the guy is being a little harsh on rey.. yes he is injured and at the end of his career but look at the span of his career.. he wrestled in a very tough wcw in the 90s (btw where was cena) does anyone remember him going headfirst into the trailor by nash, all of his accomplishments there plus ecw and that place was garbage wrestling 101..
    also rey pushed plenty of ppl to the top and he must of had a reason to not want to push ziggles..im not sold on him either. and the ppl you said cena pushed ended up on the stoner list(bourne) on the injured list(ryder) or just not good. where was his desire to push rtruth at the capital punishment ppv?????????? that would have been a great way for cena to be groundbreaking. ushering in the first true african american wwe champion..ya i know its vinces decision at the end of the day and i could poke holes in your argument for a while longer ill end by saying this.. cena is awesome for his out of ring work.. he is a solid in ring worker..yes he feuded with some greats but not the caliber of rey mysterio..look up some of his old battles against eddie and dean malenko. chris benoit. and i could go on for days..if you love cena thats cool. but do your homework on rey before you throw him under the bus..
    Love this blog!! I've been saying this about Rey for years. He is in need as a character change/heel turn more than anyone in the company - including Cena. Now I know a Rey heel turn is almost no chance of happening due to his high popularity and appeal to kids. But for older fans - Rey is flat boring. His character is boring - his move set is just as stale as Cena's. I definitly would not complain if Rey turned heel or came back as a new character. I prefer watching Cena over Rey anyday of the year. Great blog!
    Poor blog, bad grammar, and why do people keep talking about this Cena guy and comparing him to other people. I admit I am not a fan of both, and you bashing rey does not really take away anything he has done over the years. Seriously do you not know that rey mysterio just like Eddie (RIP) was, are wrestlers that are meant to put over who ever they wrestle. While Cena has hardly ever put over someone in his career, by that I mean in matches. i.e, you said he has put over Zack but in the match they had together I did not see a spot where he verily sold me Zack as an excellent wrestler.
    Quote Originally Posted by tchocky360
    People who want to have clear, understandable, enjoyable to read english care.

Rey is just as predictable in ring, but at least he has the excuse that his previous move set is pretty difficult as age and injuries take toll.
    I don't like seeing either on screen
    You forgot an and you jackass.
    Quote Originally Posted by aweso_me
    The issue I think with Cena and any other wrestler is not that he is not dedicated but that he gets to win everytime and that gets old. As a man, Cena is a great example. Creative is the ones that are screwing up with Cena. We all know Cena doesn't want to win every time. He has shown that he wants to put people over. Creative should throw in some new thing to his character. Cena will be able to run with it. BTW, when did Cena drop the rapper gimmick? Wasn't it after The Marine?
    Six wins and six losses in 2011 ppv events. Not exactly winning every match
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.