View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Monday Night Raw: What We Witnessed!

Rate this Entry
Hey fellow wrestling fans. DK Wrestling Savior, or DKWS for short, here with a report on....MONDAY NIGHT RAW. I'm also going to throw in a few Royal Rumble tidbits.

I don't even know where to begin. Very little Cena, a tamed Michael Cole on commentary, a great line up of matches, and that's just the tip of the iceberg. In my opinion, it was the best Raw in recent history, not for it's surprises, because everything was pretty predictable, but for the way it was presented. Obviously, no Raw can go without a few low lights to go with the highlights, but I'll jump right in.

What a great slate of matches we had. The first thing I'm going to do is get the one thing out of the way that's going to piss so many people off. But I've been saying it, and I must rehash it because there are still no believers. Dolph Ziggler, in his match with CM Punk at the Royal Rumble, and his match here on Raw, was shown as the weaker opponent, and rightfully so. He's not ready yet. He's got talent and trying some Mr Perfect/Ric Flair hybrid thing, but he's just not ready yet. Yes, I admit, Dolphy will be the main event, and sooner rather than later, *if the WWE can let go of this love affair with Alberto Del Rio*. There's no doubt in my mind that he's got the star potential. He's just not there yet, and it shows in the last matches he was in.

Daniel Bryan vs CM Punk was a phenomenal match that I really would love to see headline a major PPV like SummerSlam. A great technical performance with lots of high spots and close calls. And even though Jericho came in and confirmed all the reports about him battling CM Punk, it was still a great match that should be showcased again at a major PPV.

Kofi Kingston beating The Miz was a surprise. Is the Miz sinking to Jack Swagger territory yet? It sure seems like it. I like Kofi though. He's always good in the crazy matches and he fits well with everyone in the Elimination Chamber match.

Whatever direction they really want to head with Cena and Kane, I'm a little lost. How does Cena go from the angry face to, "We gon have a partay up in here"?????? Also disappointing that the Big Red Monster ran away.

HHH almost brought back the KMA Club. What a funny segment. And if you read my Genuine Royal Rumble Predictions Blog, you'll see I predicted The Undertaker's return to disrupt HHH from firing Johnny Ace. I'm a genius. One day you guys will all agree that I should be writing the shows. One day.

Funkasaurus still gets on my nerves...but the song is catchy and I hate myself for saying that.

HHH walked out on the Undertaker's silent Wrestlemania challenge. I can't wait for this build up. I know everyone's sour on Taker vs HHH III, but come on. You're out of your mind if you think they're going to end the streak, let alone to some young up and comer. Everyone says, "they should use Wade Barrett" or something like that to showcase a new star. I say, WHY? Why would you think that? Or even want that? It's a battle of legends, and I still think that Nash, Foley, Kane, and HBK are gonna get involved and the Undertaker is going to overcome it all to go 20-0. That's my story.

I'm glad Jericho came out and attacked Punk. This is my second blog today so I don't know if my Jericho is Irrelevant blog is going to make the board. But without the build up and him just coming out and doing what he did, instantly changes my mind about my last blog. Good move keeping the hype down and getting the point with him. Lord knows, his return has been way sub par.

As for everything else. I'm sure Sheamus will just keep on rolling and stay just enough in the limelight without having a major feud, until he makes his decision. I hope they kill the Orton/Barrett feud really really soon. And who really cares about the rest, right?

That's all I got. I won't be posting again until the weekend so I hope everyone has a great week.

***Just a quick shout out real quick to all those negative responses from all the know-it-alls who told me I was crazy for including Kharma in my potential prospects for the Jericho videos blog, she looked quite NOT PREGNANT at the Royal Rumble and, in fact, if she had given birth in the previous two or three weeks, she wouldn't have been in the Royal Rumble. So, don't call me crazy. I was right on with the timing of her return.

Submit "Monday Night Raw: What We Witnessed!" to Digg Submit "Monday Night Raw: What We Witnessed!" to del.icio.us Submit "Monday Night Raw: What We Witnessed!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Monday Night Raw: What We Witnessed!" to Google

Tags: raw report
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I really felt like the Cena/Kane angle was just odd. You had Cole talking about how Cena snapped, but he was just being the same Cena we have seen a million times. He was being a clown while beating someone up. I would have liked to see Cena continue to be not just aggressive but have that dark streak. It is a shame that Cena's WM opponent is already booked, because it would be neat to see the Cena/Kane angle develop slowly over a period of months as opposed to just having shoved in as filler until Cena/Rock picks up speed.
    I'm a big Miz fan and was really shocked at the loss but I'm a fan of Kofi because he has put in th hard yards the last few years with little reward except being a filler champ. I'm glad he got the win because It actually makes it look like he has a chance of winning the EC for once rather than just being another guy in it. Hoping Miz gets the win though
    I was honestly not shocked at all that Kofi beat the Miz. I knew it would happen for the simple reason that if he didn't win, it would make no sense having him in the chamber. Without that win, Kofi is not a believable competitor.

As for HHH/Taker. I don't see it happening. I think they will build it up as if HHH is seriously considering it, and then BAM, Lesnar or some blast-from-the-past guy jumps Taker. WWE is in curveball mode now, so the obvious are most likely red herrings.
    Quote Originally Posted by texrodgers
    I was honestly not shocked at all that Kofi beat the Miz. I knew it would happen for the simple reason that if he didn't win, it would make no sense having him in the chamber. Without that win, Kofi is not a believable competitor.

As for HHH/Taker. I don't see it happening. I think they will build it up as if HHH is seriously considering it, and then BAM, Lesnar or some blast-from-the-past guy jumps Taker. WWE is in curveball mode now, so the obvious are most likely red herrings.
    Good Point...I personally think Lesnar would be a disappointment, but I would be okay with some other Blast from the Past Curveball opponent.
    Best Raw in a long time. Good matches, good interviews, good setup for Wrestle mania. I agree about HHH-Taker, build this shit up as UT last match, milk it for all the drama you can, have Taker stalk HHH till he agrees to the match.
    It was a good RAW. My favorite part was the Ring Of Honor references that Punk and Bryan hinted at. Taker's return was great. That was the Markout moment of the week. I would want Taker to fight Foley, but Foley stated recently that he isn't going to do it because he isn't in the best shape for it. Good blog.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.