View RSS Feed

K-O-W KINGS!

5 Ring of Honor Wrestlers to look out for in 2012

Rate this Entry
5. Michael Elgin: After posting a very strong 2011, Elgin seems destined to really break out in 2012. The 245 pound, strong, agile, monster won the Survival of the Fittest tournament in 2011, guaranteeing himself a World Title shot sometime this year. I'd be surprised if he gets the World Title this year, but I could certainly see him winning the TV title this year.

4. Kyle O'Reilly: Being a part of one the hottest, young, up and coming tag teams in wrestling certainly helps O'Reilly's case. But looking beyond that, he has the wrestling capability to hang with the top guys and is well over with the crowd. Hanging around the World Champion, Davey Richards will also help you get to the top, possibly setting up a match between them in the future. Though, i'd would love to see Future Shock win the Tag Team Championship before O'Reilly breaks out.

3. Roderick Strong: Already established as one of the best wrestlers that ROH has to offer, the Messiah of the Backbreaker is poised to have a great 2012. Strong is only a TV Title away from becoming ROHs 2nd Triple Crown Champion, which I believe is being set up due to Strong winning the proving ground challenge against TV Champion Jay Lethal. He's constantly in the title picture putting up match of the year type matches with Eddie Edwards, Davey Richards and Chris Hero. Speaking of which...

2. Chris Hero: A veteran in the ROH locker room, it wasn't long ago that Hero looked to be departing for the "big time". After things seemingly fell through, Hero made his surprise return to ROH at Final Battle 2011. For the moment, it looks like Hero will be sticking around as a singles competitor and with that being the case, it could very well be Hero's time. He's never had too much time to shine as a singles wrestler in ROH, but given his lanky body type, he has impressive wrestling and athletic skill and can certainly cut a good promo. All of those attributes may push him to the top of ROH.

1. Kevin Steen: There is no question in my mind that 2011 belonged to Kevin Steen. Only wrestling once in an ROH ring, that statement sounds a bit weird. But after making statement after statement all year round, and getting his chance to get back in an ROH ring, he seems hell bent on taking over. With his message to Davey Richards delivered in the final minutes of Final Battle 2011, his sights are set on taking that ROH Championship away.

Submit "5 Ring of Honor Wrestlers to look out for in 2012" to Digg Submit "5 Ring of Honor Wrestlers to look out for in 2012" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Ring of Honor Wrestlers to look out for in 2012" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Ring of Honor Wrestlers to look out for in 2012" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

THANK YOU!!!! FINALLY Someone other than me wrote an ROH blog. I only have written one but it was quickly shuffled down the ewrestling timeline making room for more "what the WWE is doing wrong" blogs. Good read though, I enjoyed it. It should be a big year for all those guys. Elgin TV title for sure, id bet money on it, he's so consistantly awesome and takes some pretty sick bumps to the floor for a big dude. Either Hero or Steen SHOULD be world champ before the end of the year. Its just a matter of what Steen can and cant do on the TV show, if they give him a little more slack, he could get a lot of attention. as for Oreilly, ill say itll be a big year for either him or Edwards, depending on who ends up being the face and the heel in this current richards/oreilly vs. edwards feud. I think the idea is eddie as the heel but in the interviews theyve been doing on tv, oreilly/richards come off much more heel-ish, i think though whichever one of them turns heel, itll be a big year for that guy. Also it should be pretty important year too for the Briscoes, particularly Jay, ROH is finally letting that guy do more talking.
    Nice one sir,
    I havet been keeping up with ROH as much as i used to or as i should, but i can tell by what youve written that i really need to get onto it.
    @Bagg i hope they turn Davey. As good as he is, he hasnt been the greatest ROH champ in the world and it seems a lot of people are turning on him. Having Reilly still as a relative new comer staying with him and turning heel too would be perfect. Its much easier for a new face to establish himself as a heel and then if need be, his eventual turn face would be classic story line feeding off his heel mentor Davey.
    The only thing i really find myself going out of my way to watch is anything with Steen. Hopefully this year they can give him a hot feud with someone fresh to help establish another main eventer that isnt the ones we've already seen (im look at you Elgin) over the past couple years.
    Thanks y'all, I appreciate the support. This entry was actually something I wrote for the website Bleacher Report in my application to write for them, not sure if it worked or not. Nonetheless, I really like the direction ROH is going in. I really got into them last year, ended up at all of the NYC shows and it's been great.

The only knock I have on ROH right now is just the roster. Not so much the quality, but certainly the quantity needs to be upped a bit. I like that they've brought back guys like Jimmy Rave, BJ Whitmer and etc. I would love it, as i'm sure the wrestling world would love it to, if Nigel McGuinness gets cleared to wrestle sometime this year.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.