View RSS Feed

knox

WWE's YouTube Merger

Rate this Entry
Hey guys hope all is well, Knox here. Its been a while, I skipped out on a Royal Rumble post this year, I've been plugged up with school work. But today I wanted to talk about WWE's merger with YouTube and the awesome shows they've put out. First of all, its a very brilliant move on both the WWE & YouTube's part.

I just basically wanted to point out two shows in particular that I really do enjoy as well as discuss some of the critics involved already.

The WWE Utilizing The Internet & Dropping Gimmicks:

This is a smart move. The only real gimmick left in the WWE is Brodus Clay. We rarely see The Undertaker as much and well Kane is Kane. The WWE branching away from these strong gimmicks that were big in the "Golden Era (80s)" is the right thing to do.

In this day & age everyone knows wrestling is scripted, even the majority of the kids. The WWE has to come up with a new way to utilize their talent outside the ring and what better way to do that than threw the internet.

The YouTube shows showing these WWE stars in their everyday lives is very smart because it shows that their is life outside the ropes and these are normal everyday people. YouTube is literally the most visited site and to see them break bread with each other is pretty awesome.

What People Need to Realize:

Yes the product has been pretty stale but has had its moments but guys the "Attitude Era" is NOT COMING BACK. Now that doesn't mean TV-14 isn't coming back as well. But as wrestling fans many of us love to live in the past and complain and cry about how times used to be.

Vince is smart enough to expand his product to the digital and online world. Everyone goes on YouTube and the show ideas Vince laid out are pretty sweet.

My Personal Favorites:

The Uso's Cooking Show

This is good stuff right here. Personally I'ma big fan of culinary arts as I studied it for four years in high school. Its a very neat way for these guys to connect with the fans. I can assure you that the one thing most people have in common is a love for eating.

Their cooking isn't even bad now granted I can't taste the grilled chicken from the computer screen but it still the concepts they use are pretty professional. I love how they stay in character but still keep their moods pretty down to earth and real. I think anyone cooking is a great idea as I also heard Big Show & his lovely wife will have a cooking show on the WWE Network.

WWE DOWNLOAD - Dolph Ziggler

Now this show is not PG to say the least lol great show and great concept. This is a show that a heel needs to run and the E' made a good choice picking Dolph for the job. The videos that he shows of normal fools and their stunts are just priceless, take a look below guys.

Conclusion:

Hope you all enjoyed this very brief blog. Thanks for reading and please leave feedback. Be safe guys and check out my video below called "Legend in the Makin". I've been pitching this song to THQ heavy over the past few months and have been seeing progress so hopefully all goes well. Originally I wanted it to be Daniel Bryan's theme. I've gotten in contact with group members from "Downstait" whom do the themes for such guys as The Miz, Alex Riley & Cody Rhodes. They've been helping me out so guys check it out and let me know your opinions.

Submit "WWE's YouTube Merger" to Digg Submit "WWE's YouTube Merger" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE's YouTube Merger" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE's YouTube Merger" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The Attitude Era is NOT COMING BACK. I couldn't agree more. But I disagree with TV-14. That's not coming back either. The World is far too sensitive these days for stuff like that on TV. Especially when the show has gone back to being geared toward kids. I think strong gimmicks coming back would be a good move, and it's happening. You mentioned Brodus Clay, but not the return of Goldust, not the pending debut of Rybeck. *not sure of the spelling on that one*. Little by little, they're going to bring back modernized versions of The Godwinns, Duke the Dumpster, and Doink the Clown. these guys will never be main eventers, just like in the 80's and early 90's, but don't discount strong gimmicks making a return. We're seeing it happen in little spurts.

Good Blog. I think I might check out some of the web series' the WWE puts out.
    [QUOTE=DK Wrestling Savior;bt53771]The Attitude Era is NOT COMING BACK. I couldn't agree more. But I disagree with TV-14. That's not coming back either. The World is far too sensitive these days for stuff like that on TV. Especially when the show has gone back to being geared toward kids. I think strong gimmicks coming back would be a good move, and it's happening. You mentioned Brodus Clay, but not the return of Goldust, not the pending debut of Rybeck. *not sure of the spelling on that one*. Little by little, they're going to bring back modernized versions of The Godwinns, Duke the Dumpster, and Doink the Clown. these guys will never be main eventers, just like in the 80's and early 90's, but don't discount strong gimmicks making a return. We're seeing it happen in little spurts.

Good Blog. I think I might check out some of the web series' the WWE puts out.[/QUOTE]

I just watched monday night RAW episode 1-11-1999 and it was rated "TV-PG", also there were kids everywhere in the crowd so what you said makes no sense
    Dolph Ziggler was actually funny LOOL, I guess his been watching a lot of RayWilliamJohnson...And for WWE themes, only thing i feel that matters is how the beat sounds and how it starts, the lyrics are less important, anyways the beat in your track sounds good for a Wrestler especially a lot of the themes now are pretty rubbish...
    btw do you produce your tracks?
    Can it really be called a merger? Anybody can set up a channel on YouTube and promote the website in any way they want. That's the beauty (and flaw) of social media. If it is an actual reported merger then well played, but I don't see it as a huge business decision.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.