View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Welcome to "JERICHO IS IRRELEVANT"

Rate this Entry
Hey fans. DK Wrestling Savior, or DK Genius for short, is back with another post. I figure 75 people will post their Royal Rumble thougts on the blog board so, as always, I'm throwing a curve ball.

However, it's not much of a curveball is it? My title pretty much says what this blog is going to be. Because I'm officially done with the Chris Jericho saga. Let's look at a run-down of what his return has been.

1. Seven dark-toned videos leaving speculation that it could be anyone, even though we all knew it was him.

2. He returns and pulls the silent treatment for 4 weeks.

3. He finally speaks and says, "The End of the World will happen at The Royal Rumble"

4. Nothing happens at the Royal Rumble.

So there you have it. Since November, we've gone from...will it be Jericho, to, it's Jericho but why isn't he talking, to, making up Jericodes. Now, the level is WHO CARES.

I don't care. I couldn't care less about Jericho's agenda anymore. But I also posted about his silence after his first appearance and all I got was a bunch of flack from readers on how Jericho does his own thing and yap yap yap. Unfortunately, no he doesn't. And my reasoning behind his silence is now sounding a lot more valid than all the negative comments I recieved prior to this. The fact is, the WWE felt they needed Jericho, and then didn't know what to do with him once he got here.

When I saw Jericho lastnight, I saw someone who looked bored to be in a wrestling ring. I saw someone who was soft around the mid-section and needs to hit the treadmill or do some crunches. I saw someone who is very slow in his performance in the ring. And the fact is, I saw someone who would NOT put on a good match with CM Punk. I saw someone who would NOT put on a good match with The Undertaker. Jericho is less than a shell of what he once was. If it wasn't for his name recognition, I simply don't see a scenario where he could actually bring anything of value to Wrestlemania.

Sorry Jerichoholics, but this return is terrible so far. I am/was a huge Jericho fan, and really hope something good can come out of this. I just don't see it right now. And anymore blabbing about The End of the World, will be just that. Senseless Blabber. His credibility on trying to be this mysterious figure with some agenda lurking in the background, is nothing but smoke and mirrors at this point. It's the WWE trying to kill time until they can figure out what to do with him. As for the Royal Rumble, I think the WWE needed to throw the curveball and not have Jericho win, just to surpress the fact that everyone knew Jericho would win.

So what's next for Chris Jericho? If he does challenge The Undertaker, then he really doesn't bring much else in terms of being on WWE TV at this time. So, it seems to make more sense that he will challenge CM Punk. CM Punk's feud with John Laurenaitis may be coming to an end. And CM Punk proved last night that Dolph Ziggler just isn't in his class yet. So there really is no more feud for Punk right now. Jericho is the only logical solution...the WWE just dropped the ball on Jericho in a major way. Even if there is this whole conspiracy where Jericho is in cahoots with Stephanie McMahon and all that, he lost his credibility by announcing The End of the World at the Royal Rumble, and then nothing happening.

And for those die-hards who are still holding on and thinking that this is all part of some bigger plan that's bigger than what we all expect? It's not. this is nothing more than when the WWE dropped the ball on The Nexus Invasion angle.

Thank you everyone for reading. It is a pleasure to do this and honestly, I can't wait to read what all the know-it-alls have to say to try and disprove my thoughts and opinions.

Submit "Welcome to "JERICHO IS IRRELEVANT"" to Digg Submit "Welcome to "JERICHO IS IRRELEVANT"" to del.icio.us Submit "Welcome to "JERICHO IS IRRELEVANT"" to StumbleUpon Submit "Welcome to "JERICHO IS IRRELEVANT"" to Google

Updated 01-30-2012 at 10:05 AM by DK Wrestling Savior (Typos)

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    You shouldn't compare Jericho to the Nexus, they were rookies with a WWE creative storyline that unfortunately became irrelevant after 2 months (Summerslam).

Jericho came up with an idea off his own, I'm pretty sure he won't dissapoint even when it was a bit of a let down of him not making that big of an impact at the Rumble. Jericho just trolls the hell out of everyone, thinking we would hear the things that we want to hear from him but just doing something in the opposite direction. I'm sure he can make the best out of this situation.

I actually think Jericho/Undertaker will be interesting instead of seeing Triple H vs. Undertaker for a 3rd time, if that happens then that might mean Triple H vs. CM Punk will happen at Wrestlemania which I actually don't mind seeing as their feud was pretty awkward. First beating eachother up at Night of Champions and then teaming up at Vengeance.

I guess we'll have to just see where it goes. I'm not a psychic, but I just think there are plenty of possibilities that can turn out well.
    you forgot to add that he was blatantly busted with that photo of him at the airport but still pretended it was him. and that not talking in the mic on the highlight reel made him look like some sort of goofy mime. so you can tell i agree that this return is a letdown
    Haha!! How bout you stop whining and watch what's going to happen.
    You know, I can't say I really paid a lot of attention to his midsection at RR or tonight. I did notice when he left the ring a couple of weeks ago he had a pretty ripped midsection. If having a 6 pack like that is 'soft around the middle', well, I wish I was as out of shape as he is.

I would also just like to point out that for a heck of a lot of people, judging from their comments after the RR, Great White winning it *was* the end of the world. Is it what you wanted? Nope. Did you get Jerritrolled again? Yup. Will you be back here bitching and whining next time he trolls you? Yup.

Frankly I really don't care if you enjoy it or not, not my concern. I think your arrogant prick attitude is far more annoying that Jericho losing the RR, but since I enjoy Sheamus, I don't really mind too much. *shrug* I will say I had a blast with tonight's RAW, and thought what Jericho did there is likely the start of the predicted Punk/CJ feud... but then I may have just been Jerritrolled myself.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Looking forward to it.
    DK You just come off as someone who doesn't have the patience to wait for big things. You think just because of all that, they "dropped the ball on him"? It's something new and refreshing from we've seen in years. I've praised it before, and I still do.

P.S. who gives two shits if someone is in shape or not? Edge returned a few months ago with shorter hair and had gotten a bit fat, but NO ONE cared. They were all happy to see him. Dusty Rhodes wasn't in the best of shape, and yet hes one of the most beloved characters of all time. You said that Jericho couldn't keep up with Punk? That's complete crap. He can likely still put on a better match than 90% of the roster. Just have patience and see how this unfolds instead of giving up like so many others have.
    I have a feeling a lot of people will be jumping on and off the bandwagon all the way to Wrestlemania.

Plus, people should really take the time to read what they are writing before posting stuff. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but give it a chance. When has Jericho failed to deliver?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jags
    You shouldn't compare Jericho to the Nexus, they were rookies with a WWE creative storyline that unfortunately became irrelevant after 2 months (Summerslam).

Jericho came up with an idea off his own, I'm pretty sure he won't dissapoint even when it was a bit of a let down of him not making that big of an impact at the Rumble. Jericho just trolls the hell out of everyone, thinking we would hear the things that we want to hear from him but just doing something in the opposite direction. I'm sure he can make the best out of this situation.

I actually think Jericho/Undertaker will be interesting instead of seeing Triple H vs. Undertaker for a 3rd time, if that happens then that might mean Triple H vs. CM Punk will happen at Wrestlemania which I actually don't mind seeing as their feud was pretty awkward. First beating eachother up at Night of Champions and then teaming up at Vengeance.

I guess we'll have to just see where it goes. I'm not a psychic, but I just think there are plenty of possibilities that can turn out well.
    I have to disagree with you about Jericho coming up with his own idea. He is an employee of the company and he's being paid to do what the WWE wants him to do.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.