View RSS Feed

bearkg88

WWE Divas: Dolls, Dudettes, and Duds

Rate this Entry
Lets rewind to 2005. We had only one womens championship, being the Womens Championship, you had the likes of Trish Stratus, Victoria, Mickie James, Molly Holly, Lita, Stacy Keibler, Candice Michelle, and Torrie Wilson, to name some of the women in the WWE spotlight then. Fast forward to 2012, and you have the likes of Kelly Kelly, Eve, Natalya, Layla, Beth Pheonix, Kharma, The Bellas, AJ, Kaitlyn, Tamina, Alicia Fox. Out of everything in the WWE that has EPIC fail written all over it, it's the Diva's of today. Why though?

In 2005, you had a mixture of things. Women who could wrestle, Trish, Victoria, Lita, Mickie. You had women who had the attractive appeal that could help the publicity and out reach of the WWE, Stacy Keibler, Candice Michelle, Torrie Wilson. Now in 2012, don't we have those things? In the form of women who can wrestle you have Beth Pheonix, Kharma, Layla, Tamina, Natalya, and even Kelly Kelly. In the form of publicity/out reach for the WWE, you have The Bellas, Eve, Kelly Kelly. With that being said, what is causing the current Divas division to be a bunch of duds?

Creative, to me it is that simple. Look back at 2005, you had Mickie doing her obsessive lesbian angle with Trish, you had Stacy teaming up with the Superheroes(Hurricane/Rosey), you had Lita involved in the Kane/Edge/Hardy storylines, you had Victoria turning heel(which i think she was always better as). Fast forward to today. You have Natalya "farting" and getting squashed week in and week out, you have Eve involved with...Zack Ryder, and you have mediocre, at best, matches and storylines for the other divas. I feel like there is enough talent that we could actually have a decent to good womens division in the WWE. Cut out the stupid storylines, give the actually women who can wrestle, Kelly, Beth, Natalya, Alicia, Tamina, Kharma, more than 5 minutes in the ring to actually put on a great match for us, and have storylines that matter, and more importantly, highlight the women. I don't like the Bellas, never have never will, but they are great for PR, and storylines, but sucky in the ring. Look at each woman on the roster, focus on what they can do to help the E the best, instead of using them for something that makes no sense what so ever.

Well, hope you all enjoyed reading. I look forward to reading your thoughts and opinions.

Submit "WWE Divas: Dolls, Dudettes, and Duds" to Digg Submit "WWE Divas: Dolls, Dudettes, and Duds" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE Divas: Dolls, Dudettes, and Duds" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE Divas: Dolls, Dudettes, and Duds" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I respect your opinion and everything, and this was a good read and all spot on, but there is no way in HELL that the sloppy, annoying Kelly Kelly is better than Eve. Eve's no Trish Stratus but she's probably the best of the eye candy divas and she doesn't do too bad either. In fact I think she IS the next Trish Stratus. People forget that Trish started out...let's just say...pretty bad. But she worked at it, improved, and is now known as one of the great womens wrestlers of all time. Again, not saying Eve is gonna achieve that, but she hangs well with the best of em, and just because she gets stuck in shitty storylines (looking at you Ryder), doesn't mean she's a bad wrestler. Anyway, good blog bro, you're definitely spot on when you say they need the creative backing to be better.
    Well Eve lacks something Trish always had which is charisma, but she might get better at that and in the ring she deffinitely is better than Kelly Kelly. But I agree with everything the blog says this is all on the writters and bookers. I think WWE could do alot better with the women they have, but Vince just doesn't care about the divas (not saying he ever did before, but at least he gave them a chance). The divas these days are so boring I would never wish for WWE to hire any of the TNA Knockouts cause there is no Knockout I hate enough to see her burried in WWE. I just love watching the Knockout matches and storylines and I'm grateful I have al alternative to the horrible WWE divas division.
    Updated 02-01-2012 at 10:41 AM by Glamour Girl
    I can't be the only one who is enjoying the Eve and Zack storyline. Anyway, I agree with everything but that. Everyone goes on about Kelly Kelly, but week after week... sorry PPV after PPV, because there is never a normal match on Raw or SD (thanks, WWE Creative), she shows that she can wrestle but there is no convincing anyone. Beth is definitely and obviously the best one there she is the complete package, and I can't wait to see Layla return and to see what the WWE will do with Kharma.
    You lost me at Kelly can wrestle.
    As for not liking the Bellas, what the hell, they are hot, can do the basics, and cheat to win, creative can do anything with them.
    Also RatedATB is spot on, while I dont like eve she is getting better and better, when she gets a real match not a time constricted squash, she is pretty good in the ring.
    Kelly would not have made it through Tough Enough the way she 'hits' the ropes, and the annoying constant squeel. Give me a break.
    Kelly Kelly botches way to much to be considered one of the wrestling divas... She is just one of those sexy bodies we love watching bouncing around in the ring. AJ much better in ring talent than she is.
    ......................Did you just say that Kelly Kelly can wrestle?!? And Alicia Fox? I'm not sure any of the current Divas can wrestle anymore. The matches last 10 seconds and end in a roll-up. I'd need to actually see a real match to tell.
    As you can see though, Kelly was at the end of the list of women who can wrestle. it's not like I was like "Kelly is the best damn wrestler out there", but if you look at her 2 years ago, and now, she has made an improvement. I'm willing to bet any of the women i mentioned who could wrestle, if you gave them ten minutes to put on an actual match that had a finish asides from a quick roll up, you'd be surprised. As for Eve, I get peoples points, but for me, after her whole booty shake move, it just kind of made me sour on her, sorry. Nrg_God, you might be right about AJ, i dont know. I have not honestly seen AJ in a real match that I could be like "Oh AJ was great" or "Aj really stunk up the place". and SteveButabi, that is my point. A decent number of the women in the ring can wrestle, creative just needs to give them the time to go out there and put on a match.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.