View RSS Feed

RatedATB

Royal Rumble Reaction

Rating: 2 votes, 1.00 average.
What's poppin folks, RatedATB back at it again with my thoughts on this years Royal Rumble. I'm not gonna waste any time so without further ado...

Match #1 - Steel Cage World Heavyweight Championship - Daniel Bryan (c.) vs. Big Show vs. Mark Henry
Not the greatest match, but it was ok for what it was worth. You had two big men, one of which was injured, and little D-Bry so you can't have expected a Flair/Steamboat classic or anything. I liked the cage interaction, they did a few cool spots with it and it came off nice. I also really liked the ending. The strength of Show holding him up the way he did at that height is impressive, I don't care who you are. 3/5 for the match, nothing spectacular but it definitely was entertaining.

Match #2 - Beth/Natalya/Bellas vs. Eve/Kelly/Tamina/Alicia Fox
Gotta love impromptu, unplanned divas matches...feel the sarcasm. I'm surprised by this one, it had time and it wasn't even that sloppy, with the exception of a few moments with Kelly. Everyone got time in the ring and they were able to put on a decent little outing. 2/5, not too many complaints from me and that's probably the highest rating I've ever given a Diva's match.

Match #3 - John Cena vs. Kane
That's the ending I was pretty much expecting, and while I typically despise finishes like that on a ppv I'm glad that's the way they went here. A win for Cena would've ruined the feud and a win for Kane would have felt weird so a no contest seems like the right choice. The match itself was alright, typical Cena and typical Kane, but it worked for a bit and the after brawl added a little to it so I wont knock it too hard. Again what did you expect a 5 star classic? I'll be nice and give it a 2.5/5, it did what it needed to do for the story and wasn't really awful, but it wasn't really great either.

Match #4 - Drew McIntyre vs. Brodus Clay
Wasn't Drew fired? Why can't they just bring him back in and give him a rejuvenated push rather than make him lose to everyone? That seems like a better way to get someone over as a threat but that's just me. This whole show has really only been ok and this match did nothing to change that. I'm not bashing this match but it really was unnecessary and did nothing for McIntyre. 1/5, nothing to be proud of at all.

Match #5 - WWE Championship CM Punk (c.) vs. Dolph Ziggler w/ Johnny Ace as Special Guest Ref
I really wish Laurinaitis wasn't a part of this. Had he not it would have been far better than it was. Not saying it wasn't good. There was a lot of great moments in this match and these two worked well together, but Johnny Ace took away every time he got involved. It was honestly just an overbooked mess and would've rather they used Vickie interference than Laurinaitis as ref. 3/5 for the match, could've been 4 if Johnny Ace wasn't a factor. I genuinely thought this would be better than it was, but I guess I underestimated the amount of Laurinaitis we would get.

Match #6 - 30 Man Royal Rumble
I KNEW IT! HA! I said it all along! Sheamus ftw! His entire push lead to this win and I just KNEW they were gonna give him the win. This was a very good Rumble match. There were a few entrants that I disagreed with, like Rodriguez and Duggan, but that's just me. The final moments with Sheamus and Jericho were very good and I honestly didn't know who would win, but I'm glad I called the Sheamus win all along. I'm guessing he's gonna go for the World Title and I'm also assuming Bryan is gonna drop the World Title by Mania because I don't thin they'd do these two twice in a row, but I'll be cool if they do, I think Sheamus and D Bryan would work well together. However, I'm gonna go ahead and say that either Orton or Christian win the title before hand and defend against Sheamus. Also I was NOT expecting Kharma to be back tonight, but I guess it is about time for her to return, pretty cool imo. 4/5, definitely a good Rumble.

Well there you have it, we are officially on the Road to Wrestlemania. Not the greatest ppv ever, but it definitely wasn't bad. I kind of wish I hadn't ordered it, at least until the Rumble match itself, but that's what people order it for anyway so whatever. I'll give it a 7/10, some ok stuff, but the Rumble is what made it enjoyable. Until next time folks it's been real, it's been fun, but it hasn't been real fun. Deuces!

On a side note. I will not be posting a Raw Reaction tomorrow or most likely ever again. I started doing it when I started blogging because no one else was doing it and I thought it'd be a good way to get my name out on this site. Now however, I'm a featured blogger so my name is already kinda out there. Not to mention the fact that now there are 3 or 4 other people doing the exact same thing and it doesn't make sense for me to keep doing it, nor does it need to be reviewed 5 times a week. So instead I'll be introducing 2 new blogs. One will be a week in review where I discuss Raw, Smackdown, Impact, and other random news going on through the week. Another is going to be called "Book It" where I book certain scenarios. I'll be taking requests if anyone wants me to book a match or feud and I'll probably start it this week or next. Please don't take this as me being arrogant or anything, but you have to understand that we don't need 30 blogs floating around talking about the same thing. Also don't take this as me thinking my Raw Review was the shit or anything, honestly it never got that many comments or feedback anyway lol, I just wanted to clarify to the people who did read my reviews and liked them why they wont be up anymore.

Submit "Royal Rumble Reaction" to Digg Submit "Royal Rumble Reaction" to del.icio.us Submit "Royal Rumble Reaction" to StumbleUpon Submit "Royal Rumble Reaction" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    bad ppv, bad Rumble winner, hated all of it but Road Dogg. DOGGY STYLE!!!!
    The Punk v Ziggler was shocking.... basically it was Punk beating Ziggler up with ease.... then chatting with Larangitis, then having no problems bashing up Ziggler again... Turned Ziggler into a jobber a major leap back for a guy who flogs himseld stupid for the business.
    duggan and rodriguez were awesome. No idea why you make no mention of the entire announcing booth entering the rumble. But lets be honest. Who teh fuck cares about Riley,Gabriel,those mexican jumping beans and some other lower card scrubs. Rather watch Road dogg and some of the other old schoolers lighting the place on fire. TERRADACTYL FTW
    Remember this. Joonny is 100% certain that Barrett will win the WHC at EC!

And 110% certain it will be Sheamus Vs Wade Barrett (c) at WM ^^
    ... i just got done watching the replay. I love Shemus. I hate that he won.
    I hate more than anything at the moment that WWE will go out of their way to 'swerve' the internet just because we have the same idea.
    Jericho should have won because it makes sense.
    Il be the first person to say im wrong if it comes out that Shemus was ALWAYS supposed to win the Rumble. But this just stinks of half assed, nonsense booking.
    Drew McIntyre future HOF, future TNA star, who knows? WOO WOO WOO, You Know It?
    Poor PPV, poor results, poor matches. Poor.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.