View RSS Feed

LincolnHawk

An Ideal Conclusion to the Royal Rumble (& Predictions)

Rate this Entry
It’s usually about a month before the Royal Rumble event that we begin to see the ‘Royal Rumble in Numbers’ videos and by this point we know it off by heart. This year has been no different. Last year’s emphasis was on the fact that the Rumble would for the first time have forty participants. This year’s highlights that ‘for the first time ever, every WWE superstar is eligible to enter the Royal Rumble, making this the most unpredictable in history.’ It is from this minor detail which I have based my ideal conclusion to the Rumble.

Let’s say that this information stresses on the fact that even the Champions are eligible. I’m not saying that my ‘ideal’ conclusion is going to happen, nor may it even be realistic. It’s just what I’d like the happen. About a fortnight ago, I commented on a blog that called for a rejuvenation of the WWE Brand Extension. For quite some time I’ve thought that the extension is no longer necessary, with the level of talent in WWE lower than it was ten years ago. This is reflected by the fact that WWE feels the need to hold the Raw SuperShow, using talent from both brands on the same show. It has to be said that the main event talent that appear in WWE today isn’t on the same level as in 2002 with the The Rock, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Hulk Hogan and Brock Lesnar gone, as well as The Undertaker and Triple H being effectively retired. I’ve argued countless times for the single brand but I’ve argued even more for a single Undisputed WWE Heavyweight Championship.

For months, there have been suggestions that Chris Jericho would win the Rumble and go on to face CM Punk for the WWE Title at WrestleMania, and that Triple H would challenge The Undertaker yet again. These rumours have dwindled in recent weeks with the idea that Chris Jericho challenging The Undertaker at WrestleMania instead. If this was the case, it’d open an opportunity for CM Punk. Providing he retains the WWE Title tomorrow night, I believe the right thing for him to do is to go on and win the Royal Rumble. This gives Punk the opportunity as WWE Champion to challenge for the only other title, the World Heavyweight Championship, and I feel that Daniel Bryan would be the perfect opponent. Punk and Bryan are arguably two of the best technical wrestlers within WWE right now and that match would be a huge attraction for actual wrestling fans who’d be interested in seeing what would be a brilliant pure wrestling bout. The match would not only be a This gives Punk the opportunity as WWE Champion to challenge for the only other belt, The World Heavyweight Championship, and I feel that Daniel Bryan would be the perfect opponent. Punk and Bryan are arguably two of the best technical wrestlers within WWE right now and that match would be a huge attraction for wrestling fans who’d be interested in seeing what would be a brilliant pure wrestling bout. The match would not only be a showcase of two brilliant wrestlers, but it’d also bring together the top two titles in the organisation; exactly what WWE needs. Oh…and it’d be a solution to getting rid of that God awful piece of shit belt that Punk has to walk round with.

It’s very rare that my ideas for a perfect WWE come to fruition and are replicated on TV and I’m under no illusions that it’ll happen tomorrow night. But I can hope! Here are my realistic predictions for the Royal Rumble event.
Grudge Match
John Cena vs. Kane
Winner: Cena

Triple Threat Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Championship
Daniel Bryan © vs. The Big Show vs. Mark Henry
Winner: Bryan

WWE Championship Match
John Laurinaitis is Special Guest Referee
CM Punk © vs. Dolph Ziggler
Winner: Punk

30-Man Royal Rumble Match
Winner: Chris Jericho

Submit "An Ideal Conclusion to the Royal Rumble (& Predictions)" to Digg Submit "An Ideal Conclusion to the Royal Rumble (& Predictions)" to del.icio.us Submit "An Ideal Conclusion to the Royal Rumble (& Predictions)" to StumbleUpon Submit "An Ideal Conclusion to the Royal Rumble (& Predictions)" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1) Holy shit, only 4 announced matches. Wtf, WWE?

2) I don't like Jericho winning it for the sheer fact that he doesn't need it. He can have a fantastic run in it, but I think--if the WWE wants him vs. Punk for the title--that they should have someone from Smackdown win it to set up the World Title Picture *cough*WADEBARRETT*cough*.
    I agree with your picks, apart from the Rumble itself! After his Raw promo, I think Jericho has something else up his sleeve!

Would love it to be Barrett but I'm still saying Orton for the Rumble!
    Yeah I've been saying Punk should win the Rumble as champion and wrestle for the world title for a while now, but will it happen? Unfortunately...most likely not
    Quote Originally Posted by RomanFlare
    1) Holy shit, only 4 announced matches. Wtf, WWE?

2) I don't like Jericho winning it for the sheer fact that he doesn't need it. He can have a fantastic run in it, but I think--if the WWE wants him vs. Punk for the title--that they should have someone from Smackdown win it to set up the World Title Picture *cough*WADEBARRETT*cough*.

I don't know if you are new to wrestling, but there is usually only about 4 or less matchs at Royal Rumble. The royal Rumble is the centerpiece as it always is on this pay-per-view
    As long as Orton or Cena don't win the Rumble I'm aces. I do like your idea and fully agree regarding one Worlds Champion and secondly one brand. Good post.
    I can't believe they are not having any midcard Title matches. It really goes to show you that they either plan to have lots of twists and turns in the matches they have or they don't trust their IC Champ or US Champ to produce buys.
    Mark my words Drew McIntyre Will win the Royal Rumble tonight.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.