View RSS Feed

WolfWrestler

Undertaker Streak Storyline I'd like to see...

Rate this Entry
Hi guys, this is my very first blog so I apologize for any typos or misuderstandings. So onto the subject...

Undertaker

There's no word or sign of when he will be back exactly, but one thing its certain, he will appear by the time Royal Rumble comes or the week(s) after it, so that would give at least enough time to build a goor rivalry, which its not something that can be given to any oponent, it has to be someone that can spare with the deadman himself, and... lets face it, Taker its not on his prime anymore, taking the ending of HHH vs Taker, The Deadman was beat up pretty bad and needed a lot of time to heal (storyline-wise), so he's more than fresh to take on any oponent. However, in my eyes, it can't be someone that he has already faced (I'll leave the exceptions for Kane (Taker's bro) and Shawn Michaels (Mr. Wrestlemania) and Triple H.), it has to be someone that can freshen up the streak, yet not make it obvious that he could be beaten at Wrestlemania (i.e unlike Randy Orton at Wrestlemania 21), so when I read that HHH will be facing Taker again I was like "Oh c'mon WWE... not another predictable fight...", we all know that Taker will go 20-0 at Wrestlemania, and if HHH beats him, it will be a damn shame... unless... they play it another way...

Chris Jericho

Y2J returned just a few weeks ago and had been silent up until last week where he continued to remind us that by the time Royal Rumble comes "...it will be the end of the world as you know it...". What could that possibly mean? That he would get involved between John Cena vs The Rock? That he would win the Royal Rumble? or maybe... that he would end the streak of the Undertaker... Now don't get me wrong, I dont want the streak to end, but for Jericho to be involved into one of the Main Events of Wrestlemania would be something already huge, and to do something he has not done before, which is threating the streak, bringing Taker to his limits and Jericho comes into WM as the man who "will end the streak" and "become even a bigger legend than Undertaker".

But now, how could all this play out?

The Storyline

Taker comes out as number 30 (now that we know The Miz would be #1) and with HHH already in the ring, they fight for a long while, almost elimination one another up until Taker eliminates HHH once and for all, but he forgot someone who was pushed through the ropes without getting eliminated, and that would be Jericho, coming into the ring again and eliminating Taker to become the winner of the Royal Rumble (for the 1st time, something FRESH for the WWE).

Jericho would then claim that eliminating Taker is bigger than any title WWE has to offer and that he won't use his clause to wrestle CM Punk, he would just want to face Taker and finish the streak. HHH comes out and demands Jericho to stand back, that Taker's streak would be his this year. Taker comes out and says he will choose his oponent right then and there, and since Jericho eliminated Taker, he will choose Y2J. HHH doesn't like that and brawls with both of them up until the WWE Champion CM Punk comes out to restore some order and says that this is his show, and even if no one will fight him at WM for the belt, he will have to fight someone just to piss off the Fruity Pebble's and Jabroni's fans, meaning he will join the fun of brawling against all three of them if he would need to.

John Laurinaitis comes out (if he still has the job as Interim RAW GM) and explains that since Jericho choose to stay on RAW, he then is forced by the clause to challenge CM Punk for the belt at Wrestlemania, however, since its obvious that all four of them would want to fight eachother, the board has ruled that at WM it will be a FATAL 4 WAY for the WWE Championship.

That's right, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, CM Punk and HHH for the WWE Championship, that way you bring back something fresh that has not been done since WM 2000 and there are a lot of ways for this match to end. Now, here are the way I see things could happen...

Winner: Undertaker

Taker not only defends the streak but also retires undefeated and as WWE Champion, earning the respect of all 3 challengers, who admit that defeating the streak was impossible.

Winner: HHH
Shawn Michaels comes out of nowhere and helps his friend by giving Taker some Sweet Chin Music, helping HHH to pin him and, not only he walks out as WWE Champion, but also as the one who finishes the streak once and for all.

Winner: Chris Jericho

It really is the end of the world as we know it. Y2J reverses the Triangle Chokehold into the Walls of Jericho and makes Taker taps to it for the first time, taking the WWE Championship and the streak as his treasures and with a smile, Jericho announces a new era for the WWE.

Winner: CM Punk
Taking the Deadman by surprise, Punk lifts him up and nails him with the GTS, pining him and becoming part of the list where the WWE Champion did not lose his title at WM, but also giving him the milestone of taking Taker's streak, giving Punk even more respect around the superstars and the respect of the Deadman.

Finally, couple of points to take care on the storyline...

1) Punk's relevance: As the champion, Punk would need to be built as threatning to be giving enough spotlight as the other contenders to the belt and the streak.

2) Taker doesn't get pinned:
If this should happen, then he would retire undefeated but as 19-0, not 20-0 and also without the belt. Its another option in case WWE would not want the title to change hands.

Well, that's my first blog ever, comments? please and thank you for reading

Submit "Undertaker Streak Storyline I'd like to see..." to Digg Submit "Undertaker Streak Storyline I'd like to see..." to del.icio.us Submit "Undertaker Streak Storyline I'd like to see..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Undertaker Streak Storyline I'd like to see..." to Google

Tags: cm punk, hhh, taker, y2j
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Not bad but if Taker doesnt get pinned but still loses- its a loss. The only way this works w/out putting the strap on Taker is a DQ win for Taker (20-0) amd Punk keeps the belt.

Although what could also work is SCSA coming out to help Taker and hits Punk. Taker wins tourney for strap cause Taker is dont and this sets up next years Mania Main Event Punk vs Austin....esp if Rock and Cena is a success.
    good blog man i like the thought off the RR winning asking to face taker instead of for the title
    Jericho will take on Taker. The reason he showed the video was because it was his idea of showing that he had done everything else. Apart from winning the royal rumble, and taking on Undertaker. He can do both.
    Quote Originally Posted by delvec
    The only way this works w/out putting the strap on Taker is a DQ win for Taker (20-0) amd Punk keeps the belt.
    a) You can't have a DQ in a fatal 4 way match.
    b) if the main event of WM ended in DQ people would be fucking pissed
    yea i was at the georgia dome and almost went ape shit when the ref double counted out cena and the miz so good point and ya you cant have a dq in a fatal four way.. listen simply put..

TAKER RETIRES UNDEFEATED(20-0)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats the only way it needs to be.. the undertaker may very well be the best pure icon besides the Stinger(number one icon) and it would be laughable to give this man a twenty year career that saw him take out the best the e could pump out year after year after year and flush it down the shitter just for ratings..that would piss me off and i just dont know if i could follow wrestling.. i LIKE y2j not love him and ya he has some amazing accolades of his own being the first undisputed champ amongst others but you cannot put him over taker.. and btw i love the ideas you put out there very interesting..but i just dont see hhh, rock, austin, cm punk, y2j, hell anyone coming close but one man.........
    JOHN CENA..
    yes i hate cenas gimmick but what better way to be the top heel than to take out the deadmans streak, the most respected measuring stick of manhood wrestling-related anyway.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.