View RSS Feed

Sourman

The Logic Behind Ending The Streak

Rate this Entry
I read all of the blog's about the streak and I am sorry I am adding to the fray but one thing sticks out in my mind when I think is what is a better move for the Future of the WWE:

A: Giving the Undertaker the Ability to win at Wrestlemania 28 to move the streak to 20-0 or,

B: Ending the streak and giving Undertaker's opponent the title as the biggest star in the WWE.

I am not sure who has the next longest winning streak at Wrestlemania, something it tells me it may be The MIZ, and I dont ever see him challenging the streak and for that matter I dont think anyone will ever beat the streak regardless if it is at 19 or 20.

The scenario that I think will work better than giving HHH a 3rd crack at the streak or Kane challenging his brother and losing is as follows:

The Undertaker is first seen at Wrestlemania 28. He does not wrestle a match. He simply makes an appearance saying he is returning to the darkness and he will return at Wrestlemania 29 to defend the streak. This way he gets to rest more and his match does not become the undercard to Cena vs. Rock in Rock's hometown.

Now enter Cena... Ironic how Kane takes an extra special interest in making Cena embrace hate and get angry. Cena loses to the Rock at Mania, he disappears for a couple of months- he then returns with a venegance that Kane has been trying to instill in him. He wipes out opponents , taking the extra liberties such as doing things as angry as Orton's punt kick ( maybe he STF's people until they cannot compete anymore) .... Cena has now found his heel status and then closer to Wrestlemania the Undertaker arises and his mission is to make the hate "REST IN PEACE".....

Cena and Undertaker wrestle a 15-20 minute match at mania and at the 20th minute, with the Undertaker incapacitated, Cena thinks about the fact that the streak is right at his hands. Will he snap back to the Loyalty and Respect Cena or will he continue his anger. Cue the Red Lights and Kane on the Big Screen- He simply says "end him"... Cena locks in the STF and Taker reluctantly taps out... The screen fades on Kane, the Undertaker crawls to a standing ovation and Cena takes over as the streak breaker and the man who now has no idea of his own identity and standing in the WWE

Let me know what everyone thinks about this scenario

Submit "The Logic Behind Ending The Streak" to Digg Submit "The Logic Behind Ending The Streak" to del.icio.us Submit "The Logic Behind Ending The Streak" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Logic Behind Ending The Streak" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by blink
    It's not exactly a streak if he takes a year off from defending it. A streak is several wins in a row... Not periodically.

It is a streak at The Wrestlemania Event, not a monthly streak, and since missing Wrestlemania 2000 the guy has defend it for 10 years, so it is a Streak.

Your logic really doesn't make sense since the event is held once a year, if he would have taken 2 or three years you could have been right but it is not the case.

While the idea is not bad for me It has too much drama, the thing with the Screen and Kane is just too much but hey, at least is an idea on how to play something like that in a different way.
    Updated 01-27-2012 at 11:38 AM by maar13
    By the way John Cena is 32 and The Undertaker is 46, therefore how am i missing the point of giving it to someone younger... Really???
    Quote Originally Posted by Sourman
    By the way John Cena is 32 and The Undertaker is 46, therefore how am i missing the point of giving it to someone younger... Really???
    You are completely missing his point. What would be the point in Cena ending the streak? There isn't one. Taker should never lose the streak, his place as a legend secure he should retire with it intact, he deserves it. But what The Brown One was saying is that it is widely accepted that if Taker were to lose the streak, it would be to an up and coming main eventer, like Wade or Dolph, to really make their careers and give them that final extra push. Not someone like Cena, who has been at the top of the company since 2005.
    Do not end the streak.. let the deadman retire twenty and zero and let him ride of into the sunset.. he earned his streak and the guys in the back know it... and if i hear dolph zigglers name again im gonna fucking puke.. god whats wring with the internet community? some of yall wouldnt know talent if it dropkicked you and youre ready to pass the torches to the likes of zack ryder and dolph ziggles? insane......
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.