View RSS Feed

NcTheory

The Undertaker's last match.

Rate this Entry

G
reetings,

I’m not going to be one to presume the nature of the Undertaker’s career as it currently stands. Age, condition, nor status is going to be relevant to this blog post. If you’re looking for an individuals insight on what they think goes on backstage within an event at the WWE, then you may want to traverse the plethora of other blogs. No, this is going to be the musings of a sub-human’s thoughts on the fragile nature of what he, and he alone believes would be a nice end to the Undertaker’s career: The Undertaker’s last match.

The Undertaker made his in ring debut at Survivor Series of 1990 as part of Ted DiBiase’s million dollar team, and under the management of a one Brother Love. In all actuality, he had debuted in a program just prior to that Survivor Series, but that is beside the point. It wasn’t long before he had Paul Bearer at his side, as well as the urn that is a great symbol in of the Undertaker in its own right.

At first, when the Undertaker would defeat his opponents, he would more often than not place them in body bags to be taken to the back with him and Paul Bearer, but I think the more recognizable send off for the Undertaker’s victims, including himself would be the casket. I can still remember and enjoy the chilling, and enthralling feud between the heavyset Yokozuna and the Undertaker that reached its apogee at the 1994 Royal Rumble with a casket match.

Fast forward some and we then are introduced to a build to a feud and storyline that is probably the best that the WWE had ever produced at the time, and most likely ever: Kane. Kane, incidentally was Undertaker’s debut name, but it was quickly scrapped. That aside, the build to the coming of his half–brother kept me glued to WW’F’ programing for as long as it had gone on, which we then got to finally see him at the very first Hell in a Cell match, which was at the Badd Blood event. The match between Shawn and Undertaker was fantastic, as they’ve always worked well together, but the entrance of Kane essentially symbolized what he was all about and what was to come of their feud together. It all

Interestingly, Kane had helped give Michaels the win at another event, which ironically was a casket match at yet another Royal Rumble where Undertaker was found sealed within his own casket. Up until this point, the two had not had an official bout, but that all ended when Undertaker and his ‘little brother’ came to blows at WrestleMania XIV. They fought again at Wrestlemania XX, as well as between various other feuds between and after those two events, with tag bouts as the Brothers of Destruction here and there.

I mention these points in his history and exclude a vast majority of other historical moments with the Undertaker’s career because for my self, and my opinion alone, the Undertaker’s last match is very clear as to what it needs to be. Here it is: Be it WrestleMania, or even Survivor Series where he debuted, The Undertaker’s last match should be against Kane in a casket match, with Paul Bearer present to see the finale of the brothers of destruction.

Although I feel that Kane deserves to be the one to end the Undertaker’s WrestleMania streak, that is a whole other article. Some will disagree and believe it should be a younger talent, or that the streak shouldn’t end. This isn’t a discussion about the streak, but his final match, no matter where, or when. A match that I think would epitomize the entirety of the Undertaker and what his career was about if he had the matched described. Of course, being the Undertaker’s match, he’d be sealed within the casket one last time by his long time rival, friend, half–brother Kane. It’s a perfect send off to the dead man to end within a casket, the very object of his persona. The western mortician of the past that carved a casket for Yokozuna and various other times, or taking the bodies with the bag to be buried. The imagery, the symbolism, the career of the Undertaker lies within that casket and give him the man that had the greatest feud and story with him, and within the WWE. Kane is that man, and the only man I can see to end Undertaker’s career.

It’s understood that many people may be tired of the two feuding at this point, but they’ve always done well with the two and they share a great chemistry in the ring and on the microphone. As a fan of them both, and interested in the retrospect of their bonds, this is a match that I think is a must see. A match to send off the Undertaker to his final resting place. When it does happen, whether it is against Kane, or someone else, may he ‘rest in peace.’

~ NC

Submit "The Undertaker's last match." to Digg Submit "The Undertaker's last match." to del.icio.us Submit "The Undertaker's last match." to StumbleUpon Submit "The Undertaker's last match." to Google

Updated 01-26-2012 at 10:24 AM by NcTheory

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

I would hold the match at the Survivor Series as I do not wish for the Undertakers Streak to be broken. I see no one as being worthy, including Kane. The Casket Match concept with Paul Bearer present is a perfect end to his amazing career.
    I would like Undertakers last Mania match to be against John Cena because it would terrify me on the off-chance that Cena would take the win. It is one of the few matches where I suspend my disbelief completely. I feel the same way when Brock Lesnar fights in the Octagon. Panic everytime they are in trouble.
    Undertakers streak shouldn't be broken, but for the sake of arguments, Kane should end it if anyone. This isn't about putting someone over, this is simply about the career of the undertaker and the feud he's had with kane for the best part of 15 years.

How many feuds have you seen last that long?

Kane should end it, if anyone. There's no proof that if we, for example, give it to a wrestler, they won't then become TNA, they won't then become another Jeff hardy, if that makes sense to you at all.

Kane has been loyal, been the perfect nemesis (and at times, partner) to The Undertaker, so it would be only fitting that he should do it.
    In my last blog I had a Kane/Undertaker idea. However I want the undertaker to keep his legacy and win regardless of his opponent
    Good article. But as far as the Undertaker's last match as much as i would like it to be against Kane. It should be as uniqe as both characters are. So how about a Hell in a Cell casket match. I think that would be interesting enough.
    I think Taker should face someone new. He already faced Kane and Triple H twice and I think they should put him against someone who they believe is the future of the company. But they shouldn't break the streak.
    i think it should be undertaker vs john cena in a i quit match.
    If Taker is to lose his Last match against Kane, I think your scenario is good but would rather see kind of the scenario from Their first WHC match, changing the end of Taker getting up and recognizing his brother's victory, leaving him tom have the ring for himself.

But being the biased fan I am I would like him to win the last match he is in, even if it doesn't really make much sense or has any logic, but like I said, very biased.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.