View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

The Bleak Future of the WWE

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone. Busy week, plus not too much to write about. I logged on Tues morning and saw 17,000 blogs about a Monday Night Raw recap. So, despite the Cena poorly executed angry face into the camera which confirms his Royal Rumble victory over Kane w/ elements of Luke turning to the Darkside, it wasn't much of a build up to the Royal Rumble. I'm more looking forward to HHH's job eval on Johnny Ace.

With that said, I want to talk about the bleak future of the WWE. I gave this a lot of thought, and if you've read past blogs of mine, you know that I fully define the WWE based on the Big Seven. They are Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Stone Cold, The Rock, The Undertaker, HHH, and John Cena. I never include Hulk Hogan in this because I feel Hulk Hogan transcends these Seven, into his own realm, never to be joined by another, EVER, as top Superstar. You also know that this is WWF/WWE based, so I don't include Sting and Ric Flair because their legacies are with NWA/WCW.

But what about after John Cena? I thought about this a lot and I've carefully tracked the direction that wrestling has gone. Not many people realize this but Bret Hart was only WWF World Champion 5 times, and Shawn Michaels was only WWF World Champion 4 times. The shame of it is, at this rate, Alberto Del Rio will probably surpass the combined total for them by the end of 2012.

But not to get off track, think about the Big Seven, well, my Big Seven. *I'm sure some idiot is going to try and make claims about Brock Lesnar or Randy Orton or Chris Jericho* What these Seven have done, was at one time or another, took the company on their back, either alone or collectively. Some may argue that The Rock, HHH and Undertaker never really did that on their own and if you feel that way, you're right. But there's no debating Bret Hart, HBK, Stone Cold, or Cena. And that's what lacks in today's wrestling. Who's the next one to hoist the WWE on their shoulders? So here are our choices.

Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barrett, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, Sheamus, Zach Ryder, Alberto Del Rio.

Gee. I can't wait until the time comes when Wrestlemania features these guys in the main event. *understand the sarcasm*

Before all you Ziggler blowers get on my case about this, I want to say that this has nothing to do with athleticism or skill. The above mentioned guys are all good and have talent. But seriously, think to yourself. Are you, in any way, excited at all about the future of the WWE?

When you look at the new list, do you truly see a Bret Hart in there? How about a Shawn Michaels? Or a Stone Cold? Or John Cena?

Who's the next true STAR? The one who takes the company on his shoulders and soars?

I've always put the stars in tiers. Hogan, obviously, the top of the top. Next is the Big Seven. After that, you have your Eddie Guerreros, Chris Benoits, Chris Jerichos, Randy Ortons, Edge, Batista, Brock Lesnar...so on. And CM Punk will most likely reach this level. I don't think he will surpass it and reach the next. As for the present Eight? Please...don't make me laugh.

So, as for the future of the WWE, definitely bleak. Very, VERY Bleak. As always, I welcome your comments. If you disagree, great, let me hear it. But don't be an idiot and tell me that you see Dolph Ziggler becoming the next Hogan or anything like that. Please.

Submit "The Bleak Future of the WWE" to Digg Submit "The Bleak Future of the WWE" to del.icio.us Submit "The Bleak Future of the WWE" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Bleak Future of the WWE" to Google

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thing is someone always comes along, from somewhere. Who expect Austin to be who he was, when he was just the Ringmaster?

What I think part of the problem is, there hasn't been someone like that for the past couple of years. Sure Cena has been taking the lead in the company but he has done this on his own for far too long at that maybe part of the problem.

Hogan was followed by Brett, followed by HBK, followed by Austin and then quickly followed by the Rock then Cena, but you could say Cena has been leading the company since 2005/2006 where as the others didn't have to lead the company for that long on their own.

Sure there are other guys that have had sucess in that time, Orton and Ray Mesterio but would you put those guys up with the likes of Austin HBK and the Rock, I don't think so.

Someone will come along maybe somebody on the roster or maybe someone we aint heard of yet, but for the sake of the WWE it needs to happen sooner rather that later.
    I'm curious to know how you would rank the top 7?...Stone Cold would have to be first #jus saying...
    Yes, I do see the future in those talent you listed above. They're still young, and have time to improve. I see the future posterboys in Sheamus and Barrett, you know it's going to happen. As for the rest of them, I would be proud to see The Miz, Ziggler and Rhodes representing the company when the vets are gone.

The thing is, people are going to continue to watch, even when the WWE is down to these guys.
    Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Rock, Stone Cold, Triple H, and The Undertaker. We have barely seen them in the past couple of years, and the WWE did JUST FINE without them. Proof of this is in the ratings, which have been around the same since a few years ago. They will continue to be the same unless something big happens, so I think the WWE will continue for many more years to come.
    I hate to bring up the whole PG rating business, but it does play a major part in it. The wwe needs not to go back to the attitude era, but more of a Ruthless Agression era, of course wwe can not call it that if they go back. These characters back then like Hogan, Michaels, and Austin etc.., were allowed to express themselves, and make connections with the crowd. At the state were in now, that wont happen with the current talent unless there is change. Keep it PG if you want, but make it edgy. Remember, Smackdown was ALWAYS PG, and they, in my opinion, had the most edgy wrestling of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by akbar
    I'm curious to know how you would rank the top 7?...Stone Cold would have to be first #jus saying...
    Well, I would rank them like this...and this is strictly going by how they have carried the company, not so much how I feel about them.

#7 - The Undertaker
    #6 - HHH
    #5 - The Rock
    #4 - Shawn Michaels
    #3 - John Cena
    #2 - Bret Hart
    #1 - Stone Cold

The only reason I rank The Rock that low, is because he never had to carry on his own. He curtailed on Austin.
    Rock would have done great without Stone Cold. He had awesome feuds with other wrestlers than SCSA like Triple H, Mankind, Show. To each their own, but Rock's charisma made him a star on his own.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.