View RSS Feed

kidcontra

5 Things That Anger Me In WWE Today

Rating: 5 votes, 4.20 average.
Yo what up, Kid Contra here, long time reader, first time blogger. I have been reading all of these great blogs and forums over the past year and figured that 2012 was the year for me to join the fun. I have been a fan of wrestling since I was 5 and now I'm 27, so I have all these wrestling thoughts, opinions and knowledge that is just going to waste, so I figured, what the hey, lets give this blogging thing a shot. so without further ado, my first topic will be... things that anger me about the WWE. Now, to be honest, there are so many things about WWE that anger me, I have been a fan for over 20 years and they have received years of my time and lots of my money, so I feel I have a right to vent a little. It's just like any relationship, I things I love and things I hate about the WWE, but discussing the things I hate is way more entertaining, right? To make sure I don't ramble on too long, I will give you a list of 5 things that anger me about WWE. So, on to the complaining.

5) Where are the Faction? Over the years there have been many great factions in the WWE that served the purpose of pushing one or more superstars to new heights. When I was young, the first faction I remember, though to be honest it was more of a stable, was the group of guys managed by Bobby the Brain Heenan, sometimes known as the Heenan Family. He had a rotation of three or four guys at any time; names like Rick Rude, Andre the Giant, King Kong Bundy, Hercules, Mr. Perfect, Harley Race, etc. Even though they did their own thing, they still stuck together and helped each other out, but more importantly, it was a way to push guaranteed starts to new heights (Mr. Perfect), give aging vets a place where they could still be effective (Andre) and give people who were not much on their own (Hercules) a little credibility, giving their characters a purpose. More tradition factions suck as DX, The Nation, Evolution, and so on, elevated stars to new heights (HHH, The Rock, Randy Orton Batista), gave aging vets a place (Farooq, Ric Flair), and gave lesser talents some credibility ( The New Age Outlaws, D-Lo Brown.) That is something that is missing badly from today's product; recent attempts (The Nexus and The Corre), didn't fair because of the group having no talent or garnering no interest, they failed because they were broken up too early. If given more time together, each group could have made a soild impact and possibly produced more stars then were created. Mason Ryan alone = ehh, but imagine him paired with The Usos, Jack Swagger and Christian, now we have a group that could do alot for all parties ( side note, those were the first wrestlers I thought of that could use a little help, minus Christian he would be helping them ofcourse, don't hold me to that exact collect of guys.)

4) Where Are The Tag Teams​? This is essentially the same argument as was made for the factions, tag teams help to create stars, but also not every wrestler can be a huge singles star. I am fine with teams breaking up because one of the members is destined for stardom like say Miz and Morrison. WWE saw something in Miz and decided to push him to the moon, but what about Morrison? Well he got de-pushed so much that he threw up the peace sign on his wait to the Indys. Now, what if you threw him in a great Tag Team, for IDK, forever! They are many great Tag Teams that just stayed Tag Teams such as Demolition, L.O.D., etc. What's wrong with that? You can still make money as a team, still make the Hall as a team and BTW most wrestling fans love Tag Team wrestling, a truly lost art in the WWE. Once you establish a guy isn't going to be a huge single star, throw him in a team. Evan Bourne alone = ehh. Kofi Kingston alone = not too bad, not too great. Together = Air Boom, an entertaining team, who along with Primo and Epico, The Usos and four or five other teams WWE could create with all the talent they have, could make a pretty darn good tag division.

3)How Bout We Have TWO DISTINCT BRANDS? I loved the brand extension. I loved the idea of having two separate shows, with two separate fan bases, that provided two separate experiences. I loved both brands having their own separate P.P.V.S, minus the big four ofcourse. Lets go back to that! I realize that Smackdown was a little weak for awhile there, but at least it was different. My friend and I were having a conversation today about the two brands and he had no clue who was on which brand because of the Raw Supershow and all that nonsense. WWE has tried getting better ratings for SD by having SD stars on RAW to increase awareness, but hasn't worked, so lets go back to each show being each show. You can divide the shows a bit better between both shows, so each show is worthy of watching and more importantly, necessary to watch. I don't have to watch Smackdown to know whats going on, I can watch RAW and see Orton, Show, Bryan, Wade, etc. If you have two shows then make it to where I have to watch BOTH shows to get my WWE fix. With such an expanded roster, it would be easy to do so. There would be room for Tag Teams, Divas, and everything that gets thrown to the side when focusing on advancing one show and a certain group of performers. Another great thing that occured during the initial brand extension was....

2) ONLY ONE WORLD CHAMPION!Having a WWE champ and a world champ is just plain stupid. You are no longer the best in the biz, you are the best on the show, which takes away a lot of prestige. Have one world champ, don't care if it's WWE or the WORLD HEAVY., but just stick to one, so that people actually care about who the champ is. It's just degrading to the World Champion to say how the WWE champ is the richest prize in the biz. If that's so then what's the point of the world champ? Isn't champion of the world better than champion of the WWE?

1) Get Rid Of The Spinner Belt! It was cool when it made sense. John Cena as a rapper with a spinner belt made sense, but now it just looks cheap. He doesn't rap any more, spinners aren't cool any more and seeing HHH or C.M. Punk with a spinner belt makes me die a little inside, its gotta go!

Thanks for reading, leave you comments, good or bad, I love them either way. Until next time friends... Peace

Submit "5 Things That Anger Me In WWE Today" to Digg Submit "5 Things That Anger Me In WWE Today" to del.icio.us Submit "5 Things That Anger Me In WWE Today" to StumbleUpon Submit "5 Things That Anger Me In WWE Today" to Google

Comments

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    great blog man, im also 27 and have been watching since i was about 5 so i know exactly were ur coming from. simply put wwe has gone mad with power
    *Isn't champion of the world better than champion of the WWE?*

It is.....however, you can't be called a "world" champion if you don't defend it against other wrestlers of other countries and continents of the world. The "world" champion is only defending against competitors within the WWE company. WWE champion defends against competitors within the WWE company; the way it's supposed to be. I don't like the logic of calling you "world champion" when you don't defend it in other parts of the world against competitors from OTHER companies around the world (the japanese and mexican promotions or any other countries with wrestling promotions).
    Updated 01-24-2012 at 11:07 AM by AndyWonder
    so thats why the world heavyweight title should be retired... you know wwe isnt going to defend their title across the world so you may as well have one champion.. it makes the company look like morons which is what is happening with this supershow crap. have smackdown have raw, then have the best from each brand compete for the only title that matters.. the wwe title.. the reason the wwe title is called the most prestigious belt is because the world titile was from wcw. you know vince aint having that as his flagship belt which is another reason why the world title should go.. good blog
    Your so right man everything that angers me about WWE today as well
    Thumbs up for ya
    i agree about the factions.maybe barrett,sheamus and regal can start a uk faction,and del rio and rey could start a faction called the cartel,wwe needs to bring the faction back for sure.
    with regards to the factions, I can see them being held back from happening and shareholders being a voice against them because of the "gang", with its whole purpose of bullying. thats why nexus was canned, investors, who are also the people who want to see john cena be champ all of the time
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.