View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

The Rick Starr Blog Splash: Post Blog Wars

Rate this Entry

Welcome back Splashers! I want to thank WrestlingFan66513 for inviting be back to his Blog Wars, and I want to say it was a privilege going head to head against Dr. Death. He is without a doubt one of the best bloggers here, at EWN.com!

As far as the Blog War Challenge itself, I have to say it was not an easy one. Both Death and I had picked two similar people in our lists: C.M. Punk, and Chris Jericho. This only left three unique spots each, which made the blog wars even a tighter fight. I myself tried to pick different people, from different eras. And by the looks of Dr. Death’s list, my guess he was trying to do the same thing.

The one thing I noticed with this Blog Wars (Actually I notice it with most Top 5’s but I’ll keep it here.) , was that all the readers was asking “Where was Rock?”, or “Why didn’t you vote for Mick Foley?”, “where’s this guy?, How could you forget that guy!?” Nobody was forgotten about, or left out; I think a lot of people tend to forget the most important thing, that there were only 5 slots…not 10 or 15…just 5. What about guys like Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall(Razor Ramon), Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Randy Savage, Edge, Arn Anderson, Kevin Nash or Kurt Angle. Do I need to go on? All of these guys have top ranked mic skills. None of these guys were forgotten; we just had a limited choice. After all, they needed to have some decent mic skills to bring them to the dance, and become some of the best performers in the ring.

If I decided to use Rock, Triple H, Austin, Foley, and HBK, then I would have grabbed all of my resources from the Attitude Era. While I do not deny that time pulled out some of the greatest talent, it would have made some boring reading, if you ask me. I wanted variety. As far as the criteria Wrestlers needed to be both a heel and a face… that could be argued on a different day. Guys like Ravishing Rick Rude, (who was a career heel for the most part.) had some of the best mic skills as a heel. I honestly can’t remember any good promos of him as a face. Some wrestlers just have it better as one type of character.

When I think about selecting a Top 5 for any subject, I wonder “have I forgotten about someone?” Of course I have, I’m only human. Would I stop and change my top 5? No, what’s posted is done. In this blog I did do a bit of rushing. I did look at the Rock and Foley, but I had already picked Austin and Triple H from that era. I would have preferred HBK, but I was trying someone different for a change.

Another issue is some people tend to vote for the wrong reasons. Certain people like to blatantly vote against other people, for the simple fact that they don’t like that person. Not because one person has a better or worse blog, just because that person is a troll…you know who you are.

Well I think that’s it for me Splashers. One again I’d like to thank WrestlingFan66513 for inviting me into Blog Wars, and I want to say thanks to Dr.Death, for being a great opponent, and congratulations on winning the Blog wars. For now, I’m taking a small break from blogging. It might we a week…Might be a month, who knows. Until then See you when I see you!
-Rick Starr @RickStarr

Submit "The Rick Starr Blog Splash: Post Blog Wars" to Digg Submit "The Rick Starr Blog Splash: Post Blog Wars" to del.icio.us Submit "The Rick Starr Blog Splash: Post Blog Wars" to StumbleUpon Submit "The Rick Starr Blog Splash: Post Blog Wars" to Google

Tags: blog wars, wwe
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

No need to justify your top 5 Rick, as one of the users who said "Where's the Rock?", Dr. Death was also asked of "Where's Stone Cold?"

As you've said you had to choose 5 on probably one of the hardest topics in wrestling simply because there have been heaps of great talkers.
    yea no need to justify your picks. I blog alot on top 5 and top 10 lists and people always say "Yo forgot him", "This is a shit list where's so and so". I mean you can't tell someone they forgot someone on a list based on their own opinion. That's like me going to school in a black shirt and a guy telling me "Hey you forgot to put on your black hat to match". No i didn't forget the damn hat, I just chose not to wear it.

So I'm with you 100% Rick. I love the Blog Wars and I loved being apart of them but I found myself trying to pick the popular votes instead of my true opinion lol so the 3 wars I won was basically not even my true thoughts it was actually the popular opinion that I knew would draw votes
    I don't want to say what was already said but hey, your list, your opinions so like everyone has said and will most likely say, no need to justify any picks you made/didn't make.
    I agree completely. There is always that risk with people voting for the wrong reasons when something like this is started
    your list your wish man..no one can dictate u in how to think...
    OK, what is "Blog Wars"?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.