View RSS Feed

The Piper

All about Jack Swagger

Rate this Entry
For those who missed Raw, Our new United States champion is Jack Swagger, and with the realisation that Jack might acually be around for quite a while, I would like to asses Jack Swaggers carrer up to this point.

The Look
Jack Swagger is a guy I would watch out for in the WWE, he has a greatly monsterous build, and a face that makes him actually look like a wrestler. But he also does that weird bored-angry crossover face expression that makes you want to spit on him.

The Mic Skills
Jack has the mic skills to really make him a good heel, except that whole All-American, American, American, American....American thing he does in all of his promos, that's not heel annoying, thats change the channel annoying. So let him develope his mic skills by giving him more time to talk for himself, not by Vickie Guerrero talking for him.

The Titles
Jack's first title on WWE television was the PG-CW (ECW) championship, which is one thing I don't like about ECW, is that their title is less prestigeous than the million dollar championship. But 104 days as the ECW champion is a carrer starter no matter how little prestige the title holds. He was a former world champion, and the current United States champion, one Tag-Team title reign will officialy make him a triple crown winner, but he needs a real tag-team partner created by storyline, not just the first guy the writers thought of.

Wrestling
I am strongly opinionated towards saying that Jack Swagger is the best A.M. and pro wrestler in WWE today. But with not very much competition, that is easy to say, Jack Swagger has the force and power of British Bulldog, and the pure wrestling ability of Kurt Angle.

Miscellanious
Having a mascot eagle played by Chavo Guerrero, training Michael Cole for an illegitamate Wrestlemania match, having an illegitimate manager for the sole reason of getting heat, these are things that make Jack a less serious wrestler, and make people become less invested in hating him, and more invested on what else is on Television when he shows up on RAW.

Conclusion
Don't become a jobber again, lose Vickie Guerrero as a manager, stay U.S. champion, develope some better mic skills, and fight real wrestlers instead of Santino or Zack Ryder. He should not have won either World Championship in his first year, and for future sake, find him a real partner, and not just the other guy with the same manager.

Submit "All about Jack Swagger" to Digg Submit "All about Jack Swagger" to del.icio.us Submit "All about Jack Swagger" to StumbleUpon Submit "All about Jack Swagger" to Google

Updated 01-20-2012 at 03:21 PM by Frank

Categories
Thoughts and Opinions

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Swagger Soaring Eagle was amazing, he should still have him!
    swagger is the real deal...he's truely awesome...n WWE should book him strong....
    I do think Swagger is capable of becoming a main eventer but they should take there time with him and not rush him like they did in 2010. Giving him the WHC then was a huge mistake! The US Championship really suits his gimmick so I think he should stay in the mid card for a while either holding the title or chasing it, making him the dominant heel in the mid card. After that give him a couple shots at the WWE Championship and include him in feuds with main eventers.

I also think Vickie is helping him. His career was going nowhere without her but now that he's joined her stable he's became relevant again, admittedly due to what Ziggler has done but it now looks like Swagger is going to get a bit of that spotlight now. Swagger may have decent mic skills but nowhere near as good for a main eventer. Vickie can help with that, just look at Ziggler.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.