View RSS Feed

Piscesbaby

Creative Shouldn't Take Full Blame

Rate this Entry
A lot of fans says it's because of the creative department...that the creative department needs new writers. That they need to stop kissing Vince McMahon's a**. I agree, but writers are only part of a good storyline. The other part is the wrestlers.

The McMahon-Helmsley storyline was actually Chyna's idea, who told it to Triple H, who told it to Vince and he loved it. Mickie James gave Vince the idea for her 'Psycho Diva' storyline, though it was meant for Lita and not Trish. MVP gave himself the name so he would stand out among all the other wrestlers. Even currently, CM Punk and Zack Ryder are a current example of what happens when wrestlers have some creative control. Vince doesn't reject every idea, as seen with the above examples. If it's good, he'll consider it. If it sucks, well, too bad.

I mostly think that's what the problem is. Some Superstars expect a gimmick on a silver platter. Then, when given a stupid one, they complain. Not to sound like a big boss, but unless you have something better, you're stuck with that gimmick. In the Attitude Era, superstars had more creative control. At least, that's how it seemed. I think there's no difference in creative control between the Attitude Era and now. It's probably just that WWE superstars lack enough creativity to think for themselves.

Maybe, some of the superstars do have great ideas. I don't deny that fact at all. If that's the case, then those wrestlers need to be promoted. But until that happens, then we as fans suffer through generic heel gimmicks and horrible pun writing. Which, again, may not be entirely the writer's fault.

Submit "Creative Shouldn't Take Full Blame" to Digg Submit "Creative Shouldn't Take Full Blame" to del.icio.us Submit "Creative Shouldn't Take Full Blame" to StumbleUpon Submit "Creative Shouldn't Take Full Blame" to Google

Comments

I bet superstars present a whole lot of ideas. Some will get approved or rejected. At least they try. Writers do have a part in making a character or story successful, but the superstars with the characters or the stories has to figure out how to execute the ideas written.
    Check out 80's wrestling chief! AE was good but not the best!
    i think that it is all of creatives fault, who else can you blame? Vince is about them dollars but im sure he wants the wrestlers to be creative..you may be right that the wwe doesnt have money promo guys that they did in the day but i would love to see the wrestlers run all storylines for two months AFTER mania.. thats when vince takes his yearly dump anyway so all the storylines will start over april 2nd
    Brodus Clay gave WWE creative an idea once. Of a monster heel inducting people into his personal "Hall of Pain".

Several months later, Clay is dancing to Ernest Miller's music, and Mark Henry gets a World title run using the "Hall of Pain" gimmick

And I don't blame creative at all. The blame is squarely on Vince. He calls the shots at the end of the day. He's just out of touch with the audience, and no one is forcing him to look at things from a new perspective. Until that happens, WWE is going stay exactly where it is.
    " And I don't blame creative at all. The blame is squarely on Vince. He calls the shots at the end of the day. He's just out of touch with the audience, and no one is forcing him to look at things from a new perspective. Until that happens, WWE is going stay exactly where it is long time." This is the most accurate thing I've read on here in a long time. Everything thats wrong in the WWE is all Vince's fault. Without direct competition he does whatever he wants & theres no one that can challenge him to step up his game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Godsmack78
    i think that it is all of creatives fault, who else can you blame? Vince is about them dollars but im sure he wants the wrestlers to be creative..you may be right that the wwe doesnt have money promo guys that they did in the day but i would love to see the wrestlers run all storylines for two months AFTER mania.. thats when vince takes his yearly dump anyway so all the storylines will start over april 2nd
    I very much doubt the annual "shedding" will take place this year. The rosters are already way too thin.
    One thing to remember is that the era of the Monday Night Wars was one of the loosest set creatively outside of the 80s. What made what people refer to as the Attitude Era great was that there was a balance between creative and talent's ideas happening. I'd say in general, this lead to talent being more comfortable in their various roles and made their ability to play them greater. In addition, they desired to play them greater as they had more invested in the gimmick/character which is being portrayed.

Vince does need to back off, but the talent and creative need to have a balance. This means the talent in general needs to step-up and creative needs to listen (as does Vince) in order for things to get back to the best they can be.

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.