View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Please Keep Vince McMahon Away + Thoughts on Raw

Rate this Entry
Hey everyone. DK Wrestling Savior back for anther write up. Not much has happened this week so there wasn't much for me to post about. But I'm back and I'm going to start with my thoughts on tonight's Raw.

Raw this week was okay. Wasn't horrible. Wasn't really anything to write home about either. I liked the fact that they were running two championship matches, even though they both turned out to be useless wastes of time. I liked that fact that John Cena's participation was minimal and CM Punk was at the helm. That's the way it should be. Oh, and I called that Jericho was going to do, exactly what he did, as soon as I heard he was in the match.

I know Cena's the face of the WWE, but if you bury all other potentials behind him, you can't create strong candidates. What CM Punk did was awesome. Opening segment with Mick Foley. Closing segment with John Laurenaitis. It was great stuff, done by a man who is great at doing it, and can really go much further with this push than he currently is. The WWE needs more of that. The less of Cena you have, the more the crowd will appreciate CM Punk, the louder they'll cheer, and the rest just falls in place. I know about 99.99999% of you agree with this. And this leads to my next point.

Vince needs to stay away. I know I'm rehashing a few reports from like a couple of weeks ago, but if you ever wonder why there's such a lack of mega stars in the WWE, you can account it all to the fact that Vince McMahon is no longer in touch. He was a genius. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't be watching today. He created an empire and that's all fine and good. However, the time has passed.

17 years ago, his once dominant company was near its end. I used to track the ratings online. WCW Nitro used to bury it by close to 3 full points on a weekly basis. He saw this and suddenly became a true innovator in a last effort to save his company. And he had great ideas and got his hands dirty and in the end, he is where he is now and there hasn't been a WCW in ten years. However....he now suffers from what I call, Jerry Jones Syndrome.

If you're a Dallas Cowboys fan, you know you just smiled when I said that. See, 23 years ago, Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys, fired Tom Landry, hired Jimmy Johnson, and named himself GM. He put together a dynasty in the mid-nineties with draft picks and free agent pick ups. He also screwed people over in the process. But fast forward, he still is doing it now, only Dallas hasn't been significant since 1998. And he'll pass blame on everyone else, and not look in the mirror. He won't realize that he doesn't have it anymore.

This is what Vince McMahon suffers from. He should put people in place to handle his company, and he should sit back and collect the money. Vince is too hands on in what happens with the show. Now, it's his company and he has every right to do that, just like no one can tell Jerry Jones to stop being GM, but look how the product suffers.

I know I'm bringing up reports from a couple weeks ago but perfect examples are his decisions on who he wants in the main event. It was reported like two or three times on this site, that Vince McMahon wants Alberto Del Rio to seem more vicious in the ring and work more stiff matches. And I think therein lies the problem. Vince McMahon is just out of touch. Alberto Del Rio is not someone, at least not now anyway, who can carry your company. I thought it was pathetic that he won last year's Royal Rumble and had a Wrestlemania Title Match. I thought it was a discredit to Edge and the World Title, and hence, it was the first match of the night. I thought it was horrible to give him the title, twice this year. Which means he's had at least 4 PPV main event matches. I don't know how everyone else feels, but to me, that seems like a lot to give a guy who hasn't even had a cup of coffee in the company yet, and wasn't exactly drawing the kind of heat a main eventer should.

So while Sheamus, The Miz, Wade Barrett, and Cody Rhodes are way over with the crowd, whether it's drawing heat or pops. Alberto Del Rio hasn't done much of anything and I don't think anyone really misses him right now. Yet, he seems to have McMahon's stamp of approval.

So, even though it's been said before, and in different ways and different blogs, I feel it's time that Vince McMahon gets out of the Jerry Jones mentality, and let's someone else take the reigns and run with the company. He's no longer the innovator he once was. But it's his company. No one can tell Jerry Jones to hire a new GM, and no one can tell Vince McMahon that he needs to let it go.

Submit "Please Keep Vince McMahon Away + Thoughts on Raw" to Digg Submit "Please Keep Vince McMahon Away + Thoughts on Raw" to del.icio.us Submit "Please Keep Vince McMahon Away + Thoughts on Raw" to StumbleUpon Submit "Please Keep Vince McMahon Away + Thoughts on Raw" to Google

Comments

I completely agree with you on Del Rio. I like the guy and he has grown on me this past year, but he is in no way ready for the spot he has which is why his title reigns were such a flop. The WWE saw a guy that could have been a solid main eventer and gave him the Brock Lesnar treatment by pushing him to the moon incredibly too fast. The only problem is Lesnar had Rock, RVD, Angle, Taker, and Big Show to put him over and make him look like a credible force. He also had Heyman backing him up on the mic and he made Lesnar seem like the real deal. I think Del Rio needs to be around R-Truth status right now, well on his way to the title but not actually having achieved it yet. But that's just me talking here.
    Seconded on the point about Del Rio. All around good blog dude. You made some very valid points.
    Couldn't agree more about ADR. The gimmick has been done before and much better. He is just boring. I change the channel when he is on. I hope when he returns they repackage him on some level to make him more interesting. If not I will get to watch a lot more Pawn Stars and American Pickers.
    great blog mate and right on the money about vince.

and morseo on del rio, hell I think ricardo rodriguez is a much bigger star than him

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.