View RSS Feed

wrestlingfan66513

How 2nd and 3rd Generation Wrestlers can be Successful

Rate this Entry
Lately we have seen a lot of kids from are favorite stars follow in their footsteps. Some have been successful and some have not. I haven't really seen another Blog on this so I decided to write one listing things I think can help children in wrestling family's have successful careers.

Don't Use a Gimmick from your Family

Sometimes it's OK, but most of the time it just gets boring. We want something new not a repackaged gimmick from a legend. The "if it isn't broken don't fix it" phrase does not apply here. Most if not all of the time, the gimmick was taken to its high point already. You didn't give the gimmick life, they did and if you do your own thing then you know the direction you want your character to go in.
Best Examples: Both Rhodes, Randy Orton, Terry Funk, Greg Valentine, Ted DiBiase Sr

Make Your Own Name

I understand they are proud of their parents careers but having them mentioned everytime you come out is to much. The only time you would need their name every mentioned is the first few weeks of your career. After that if people only remember you as "oh he's that's Mr. Perfect's son" then someone is doing something wrong.
Best Examples: ADR, Eddie Guerrero, Jake Roberts

Moveset

Try to use moves that work best for yourself. If you aren't as big as your dad don't rely on powerhouse movesets and vice-versa. This isn't really a problem today in my opinion but sometimes I think people feel obligated to copy a family move. If you do use your family moves, you should aim them to be better than your dad.
Best Examples: Dean Malenko, Bret Hart

Thanks for reading and hoped you all enjoyed it. I will have the next Blog Wars out on Sunday or Monday.

Submit "How 2nd and 3rd Generation Wrestlers can be Successful" to Digg Submit "How 2nd and 3rd Generation Wrestlers can be Successful" to del.icio.us Submit "How 2nd and 3rd Generation Wrestlers can be Successful" to StumbleUpon Submit "How 2nd and 3rd Generation Wrestlers can be Successful" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Very good read. But most 2nd and 3rd gen Superstars/Wrestlers aren't gonna make it... The Rock is the Exception!!
    Hate to say I dissagree to most of your points. Not to say that in as many case that you are wrong in, there are just as many you are right. (My opinion) However agree about not using the same family gimmick if that gimmick is an over the top one.
    Name of father used. Dustin Rhodes (Its 2 letters away from being the same, he also tagged with his old man)
    I think Mcgillacutty should use Henning, and try to be 'perfect' but fail, so he always needs to cheat and take short cuts, alot of inner conflict.
    DiBiase Jr had the perfect gimmick, but coz Del Rio (and now mahal) had the same one he needed to drop it, now he is just another smiling, skipping, hand slapping face, boring.
    Making a name for yourself, you are spot on, if they are still know as somebodys son after a year or so its not good
    As for moves, I think 1 or 2 similar moves are good, at least no one will cry about move stealing.
    I think Cody is the perfect example of what your saying, he has moved his persona steadily away from where it began.
    Cant wait for Steamboat, Bo Rotundo & Husky Harris, even Leakee to apear on TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by Melevolent 27
    Hate to say I dissagree to most of your points. Not to say that in as many case that you are wrong in, there are just as many you are right. (My opinion) However agree about not using the same family gimmick if that gimmick is an over the top one.
    Name of father used. Dustin Rhodes (Its 2 letters away from being the same, he also tagged with his old man)
    I think Mcgillacutty should use Henning, and try to be 'perfect' but fail, so he always needs to cheat and take short cuts, alot of inner conflict.
    DiBiase Jr had the perfect gimmick, but coz Del Rio (and now mahal) had the same one he needed to drop it, now he is just another smiling, skipping, hand slapping face, boring.
    Making a name for yourself, you are spot on, if they are still know as somebodys son after a year or so its not good
    As for moves, I think 1 or 2 similar moves are good, at least no one will cry about move stealing.
    I think Cody is the perfect example of what your saying, he has moved his persona steadily away from where it began.
    Cant wait for Steamboat, Bo Rotundo & Husky Harris, even Leakee to apear on TV.
    They can use any name in my opinion. I am fine with guys keeping their name. I just don't think they should copy their parent's gimmick. In most cases their parent took that gimmick to the limit and there's nothing new anyone can really add to it. For moves, they should use what fits them well. I have no problem with the passing of a move in a family but if they can't do it right then don't do it.
    what about mentioning some bad examples?
    This is a good read bro, I think WWE needs to read this, Ted Dibease is suffering badly from this. and with Wes Briscoe leaving FCW, and I have reservations about how they are going to use Richie Steamboat.

I mean look how Chavo Guerrero turned out!?

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.