View RSS Feed

bearkg88

Royal Rumble 2012: Who Is On The Road To Wrestlemania?

Rate this Entry
In this blog, I wanted to take a look at this years royal rumble. I want to evaluate the likely candidates to win, and point out who I believe will walk away from the rumble with a guaranteed title shot. Let's get into it shall we?

This year the royal rumble is back down to only 30 men. Personally, I prefer that. I thought the concept was interesting last year at 40, but just seemed like too many people. 30 seems right. Now in the past we have seen surprise entrants, people who have suddenly returned to win the rumble, wrestlers who haven't been in the WWE for a while. So far, only 4 people have been announced for the rumble, Jindar Mahal, Santino Marella, Wade Barrett, and Sheamus. Obviously more will be announced as time draws near. I remember reading on here a while back that Randy Orton was the favorite to win, as it was in his home town. Then he was injured. Now, correct me if I am wrong, there are rumblings he will be back in time, and even if he isn't fully healed that might have him show up as a last entrance or whatever to win. Personally, I hope not. I like Randy Orton and all, but I've enjoyed him out of the title picture, and I don't think it's time he comes back into it yet. So, here are the following people I consider the possible winners of this years Rumble.

Randy Orton
Obviously I've already covered why he is a possibility

Chris Jericho
There have been rumblings that it will be Jericho v Punk at WM. My guess is, if Jericho doesn't win the rumble, he will get into a program with Punk right after the rumble that will go through Elimination Chamber and into Wrestlemania.

The Miz
I like the Miz. I think from a year ago when he was champion, he has come along way. His promos have gotten better, his ring work has gotten better, all around he has his improved.

Christian
Now I am not sure if Christian is close to recovery or not, I don't remember reading anything. If the WWE had a desire for him to win it, and knew he would be back in time for Wrestlemania, he could do last entrant winning thing.I highly doubt he will win, let alone appear in the rumble, but still a possibility.

Cody Rhodes
I know JR blogged about Rhodes becoming a main title champion in 2012, and I am sure the people in the WWE are high on Rhodes, but I don't see Rhodes losing the IC title within the next month. I see him losing it at either Elimination Chamber, or, more likely, Wrestlemania. My guess is, Rhodes will be one of the last few in the ring during the Rumble, but he won't pull off the big win.

Wade Barrett
I've really liked what I've seen from Barrett lately. I said before, 2012 will be the year of Barrett. With there being the likelyhood of Daniel Bryan turning heel, it would be impossible to sell a heel v heel World title match at Wrestlemania, but still, from seeing how Barrett has been booked lately, my guess is the E is high on Wade.

Who will likely win
Randy Orton

Who do I want to win
Wade Barrett

Now, what I could see happening, is Wade Barrett or Randy Orton winning the rumble, we get through the Elimination Chamber, and then we get into a 3 person feud between Barrett, Orton, and Bryan, with whoever not winning the rumble, getting thrown into the mix to make it a triple threat match. I would really enjoy seeing that. Could that match steal the show from Rock v Cena? No way, but...could it be entertaining if booked right, I would definitely think so.

Well that is it. Hope you enjoyed reading. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas of what they'd like to see in a future blog, let me know and i will take it into consideration.

Submit "Royal Rumble 2012: Who Is On The Road To Wrestlemania?" to Digg Submit "Royal Rumble 2012: Who Is On The Road To Wrestlemania?" to del.icio.us Submit "Royal Rumble 2012: Who Is On The Road To Wrestlemania?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Royal Rumble 2012: Who Is On The Road To Wrestlemania?" to Google

Updated 01-11-2012 at 06:41 AM by bearkg88

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I think Christian should win. Since Edge is getting inducted this year and Christian is the most likely person to induct him it would be great for him to come back face and get a title match at Mania.
    Man people keep forgetting about Sheamus. I think it's gonna be his year. Why do you ask? Think about it, since he's turned face they've done everything in their power to make him look strong. He's lost maybe 2 matches since the turn, and if he doesn't have a match he kicks someones ass. Not to mention he hasn't really done anything major storyline wise since Christian was injured and I don't see them giving him a match with Jinder Mahal at Mania (lol) so it only seems like he's getting the Rumble nod. If not this year then I can almost guarantee he gets it next. But you're right it's probably just going to be Orton.
    With the way WWE have been booking Punk lately, coupled with the fact that the Rock's appearance didn't add that many buys to this years Survivor Series, compared to last years I think Rock v Cena could be for the WWE title. So we could see Cena win the title before WM and Rock win the Rumble, to push up buy rates for WM. Food for thought?!
    @The Prophecy, Rock v Cena doesn't need the title to draw buys. I also can't see Punk losing the title so close to 'Mania, especially to Cena.
    im goin with jercho...makes sence best in the world vs best in the world at what i do at wm. id give them 40 min to WRESTLE cuz everyone knows cena/rock is main even so that could be the WRESTLING fans main event and cena/rock the entertanmant fans main event
    Its all building to Randy Orton. We've heard he's gonna be out for 6 months and all that. Randy is out of site/out of mind. He'll be the "surprise" entrant at #30 and eliminate Barrett to win it. Then, he'll disappear again...to recover. In the meantime, Daniel Bryan is making his heel turn weekly. I see him retaining @ elimination chamber and Randy and him start a series to culminate @ WM28.
    It makes sense. "Biggest WrestleMania of ALL TIME"... you need a bonafide maineventer in the WHC match. Orton v Bryan is something we have never seen and has the ability to be a pretty good match.

Prediction:

Rock/Cena
    Punk/Jericho (WWE Title)
    Orton/Bryan (WHC)
    Undertaker/ HHH

Those will be the headliners.
    what if bryan lost the belt to show or henry at rr and there was an entrance in the rr match that no one came out to. after orton thinks he's won, bryan appears and eliminates him dirty to officially turn heel. orton wins whc at e.c. and u got ur wm whc match but with orton as champ who i still think is money if booked right. dont want to c undertaker/hhh how bout undertaker/show or undertaker/sheamus...too bad cena/rock is booked, wouldnt it be perfect to have cena turn heel in the main event of wm by cheating to end undertaker's streak....ewwww that would seriously PISS people off.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.