View RSS Feed

DK Wrestling Savior

Thoughts on Raw. Does The WWE Care Anymore?

Rate this Entry
Hey Everyone. I'm back to post my thoughts after what I feel was a very disappointing Raw, save for the Kane dominated segments. I watched it on DVR and actually started watching earlier than usual because of the pathetic BCS Nat'l Championship Game. I do want to thank everyone who commented on my last post regarding The Attitude Era. I can promise there will be no Attitude Era talk in this blog. That should make some people happy.

Raw was terrible in my opinion. Simple As That.

There were a few positives, such as the Kane/Cena feud is really good. Again, I can't see it ending anyway except no-contests and the matches will be entertaining brawls. But I loved the Kane stalking Ryder segments. I'm a huge horror movie fan so it hit close to home.

Love seeing the Four Horsemen in the Hall of Fame. Great Stuff.

On another positive note, Michael Cole was surprisingly not quite as annoying as usual. If he can keep that up, he might actually be a half decent announcer. Let's see how he does on Smackdown. Ugh.

It can't all be positive. And I will apologize ahead of time for the negative tone but it's well deserved.

First, I can't believe how they're absolutely burying Daniel Bryant. I also don't understand the WWE's refusal to let Big Show have a title reign. He's been there for like 13 years now. Give the guy a title run. He's over with the fans, and he's a giant. It would be very believable for him to hold the belt a while.

Funkasaurus isn't even going to warrant a second of my time. Moving on.

What was up with the botched ending to the CM Punk/Swagger match? You can tell by Punk's reaction that the ref screwed that one up.

R Truth is annoying. I was warming up to him when he and Miz were jumping people after being fired and all that. Now, the little Jimmy stuff is forcing more muting on my TV. And what a waste for The Miz.

Don't even get me started on Jericho. Last week, I said his return was a failure and I got a lot of flack for it. This week, he still didn't say anything? And walked off crying? There better be a damn good, and I mean a seriously phenomenal reason for this, because right now, I could care less that Jericho's back. And I doubt that was the WWE's idea when they signed him back.

Finally, I have a major question. Is WWE trying to push CM Punk to the be the top face of the company? Or are they burying the champ in lieu of more Cena camera time?

Anyone who DVR'd Raw, *I already deleted my recording* do me a favor and let me know how much time was dedicated to Cena, as opposed to The Champ, CM Punk. How much time was dedicated backstage to Zack Ryder. How much was spent focusing on The Miz? Yet, CM Punk had one second of camera time backstage and a botched match. There's something wrong there, isn't there? Obviously, the WWE doesn't feel that everyone's favorite spirit squad cheerleader, is a big time opponent for Punk. Expect a low drama, very predictable squash at the Royal Rumble, despite Johnny Ace's attempts to rig it. You heard it here first.

I'm so disappointed in Raw this week that I had to put out this bad blog. LOL. Yes, I know it's definitely not by best effort. I, as always, invite any and all comments. I know I'll probably get ripped a little bit because there are Cena blowers and Jericho jock swingers who probably think this was the best Raw in months. But IMO, it was more effortless cruise control programming. I hope they don't do this with their network. Have a great week everyone. If anything pops, I'll be shooting something out there. Thanks for reading.

Submit "Thoughts on Raw. Does The WWE Care Anymore?" to Digg Submit "Thoughts on Raw. Does The WWE Care Anymore?" to del.icio.us Submit "Thoughts on Raw. Does The WWE Care Anymore?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Thoughts on Raw. Does The WWE Care Anymore?" to Google

Tags: cena, jericho, raw
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Somebody better call Brodus Clay's Momma because the WWE just made a 'boo boo' out of him
    I agree 100% DK, This was one of the worst raws ever
    With the CM Punk match. The ref botching that match was a total work. The reason I say this is, because of the stipulation of Punk winning the match. If Punk won the match "Fair and Square", Vickie Guerrero would not be allowed at ringside during the Punk/Ziggler match at the Royal Rumble. Punk did NOT win fair and square, so Lauranitis will reverse the decision next week.
    A squash is a match that is totally one sided. Brodus squashed Slater. All the other squashes you refer to were in fact, "matches."

As for Brodus..God Father only worked in the attitude era when the girls were called a Hoe train and he could talk about pimp'n being tough..like everyone else, this is not what i was hoping to see with Brodus.
    wwe only push people who draw money. punk is only champ cuz he beat cena in selling more merchandise. punk is a great wrestler but that not why he is being push. he diss wwe and got too many people wanted to interview him and put wwe in the spotlight. cena is the face of the wwe with or without the wwe title. the belt dont make u the man in the wwe. drawing money for wwe make u the man in wwe. sorry but if a guy who suck was making u money u not going to kepp him out the spotlight. cuz u will lose money
    Quote Originally Posted by lefthandright
    A squash is a match that is totally one sided. Brodus squashed Slater. All the other squashes you refer to were in fact, "matches."

As for Brodus..God Father only worked in the attitude era when the girls were called a Hoe train and he could talk about pimp'n being tough..like everyone else, this is not what i was hoping to see with Brodus.
    you right but it is a pg 13 show hoe is not a good name lol
    That bit about the ref screwing up in the Swagger vs. Punk bout, it might of been Jack that wasnt realising what he was doing and accidently kicked out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.