View RSS Feed

Jordan_Towers

WWE's Current State: PG Status, Shawn Michaels, and More!

Rating: 3 votes, 3.33 average.
Good morning fellow marks! I've been coming here for a couple of years and just now registered, so we'll see how this goes!

First of all, this is not a PG bashing session. I personally am not a fan, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't sell. John Cena taking his shirt off for mommy and always pulling a win out for the kiddies puts asses in seats. I know everybody loves to hate on him, but I say hate on his character. The man bleeds the wrestling business and works his ass to the bone. John Cena is not the problem, his CHARACTER is the problem.

What ever happened to performers taking every event seriously? There was a time when winning the IC title was a big deal, but now so many people fast forward through some of the best matches of this generation. Performers need to start LIVING their character. The best superstars in wrestling history used magnified versions of their own persona and that made every word they said believable.

Can we get rid of scripts now, please? I understand that not every wrestler is good on the mic, but to get to the WWE level you should be pretty damn close. You would think that to follow an act like the attitude era, a good shoot promo would be almost required! And even if a performer is not a talker, give him a mouth piece.

Bring back managers/valets. Shawn Michaels got as far as he did in this biz partially due to his time with Sensational Sherri. Granted he is uber-talented and an incredible worker, but there is a good chance his singles career would have flatlined had it not been for sherri to bounce his persona off of. It was like sunlight through a magnifying glass. And no, Vickie does not count for Dolph Ziggler.

Make Raw RAW again. There is nothing RAW about what goes on every monday night. Everything is slick, oiled, predictable. Even the stage and set look more like a Justin Beiber concert than RAW. There was a time when WWF/WWE sets looked like you were at ozzfest. I'm not saying ditch the HD stuff, but at least make it look like a place where anything insane could happen.

Give me backstage segments, or give me ratings death! Please bring back backstage interviews, attacks or even comic relief portions of the show. I dont want to see hornswaggle frog splash the big show, I want to see big show chace hornswaggle around the back the whole show and THEN get the frog splash. Make it feel as though the backstage area is a magic place where all wrestling marks dream of going one day. A place where ANYTHING from cement trucks to drive bys can happen.

Thats all I've got for right now. I will be back later today for another blog. Leave your comments and critiques below!

Submit "WWE's Current State: PG Status, Shawn Michaels, and More!" to Digg Submit "WWE's Current State: PG Status, Shawn Michaels, and More!" to del.icio.us Submit "WWE's Current State: PG Status, Shawn Michaels, and More!" to StumbleUpon Submit "WWE's Current State: PG Status, Shawn Michaels, and More!" to Google

Updated 01-09-2012 at 12:14 PM by Frank

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'd like to just suggest Hornswaggle as the first victim of the drive by era
    Your occupation should make you fit here perfectly
    I feel like someone comes out every few days/weeks and creates a blog and says this same exact thing.

I will say you have had the best use of grammar, spelling and syntax yet of any of these blogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by pjpjr6
    I feel like someone comes out every few days/weeks and creates a blog and says this same exact thing.

I will say you have had the best use of grammar, spelling and syntax yet of any of these blogs.
    I know right, but his grammar is better than a lot of people that have joined the cite recently and it is organized so I can read it easily.
    hopefully the Kane/Cena opening segment pleases you then?
    Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingfan66513
    I know right, but his grammar is better than a lot of people that have joined the cite recently and it is organized so I can read it easily.
    Like your spelling? it's Site no cite my friend

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.