View RSS Feed

Rick Starr

Top 5 Reasons for Jericho's Return:

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Welcome back Splashers! Well the New Year secret is out! It was Chris Jericho all along. I had a few doubts, but my initial thought was Jericho. But now the plot is going to thicken, there is still another person in the promo that has yet to be announced, and Jericho is not talking…at all! So now the new big question is who was the little girl in the promos, and what was her significance? More importantly, what is Chris Jericho doing back in the WWE?

Please keep in mind that this list is mostly speculation. I have no doubt that the WWE could throw out some major curve balls in the beginning weeks of Jericho's return, and this list could be nowhere accurate. I myself just wrote this one out for fun.

The Top 5 Opening Angles for Chris Jericho
5. Chris Jericho and Trish Stratus
Chris Jericho and Trish Stratus have had a past, but it has been almost a decade (8 years) since then. There haven’t been any recent rumors of the Hall of Famer Diva returning to the WWE in any fashion. This is an unlikely possibility, but who knows what curves the WWE will throw out.

4. Cody Rhodes

Now this is another rare possibility, but this is one I wouldn’t mind seeing Jericho start off with. At the moment Cody Rhodes is the current I.C. Champion, who also brought back the “classic title” several months ago. Chris Jericho is a 9 time I.C. Champion, which is still the record for the WWE. Could Jericho be going for number 10? Again this is possible however very unlikely, as Cody is currently in a feud with his brother: Dustin “Golddust” Rhodes.

Some have talked about a Rhodes/Golddust feud at the Royal Rumble. This would mean that even if Jericho did take on Rhodes he would have to wait for this feud to end, which just might be after the Rumble.

As for the significance of the girl in the promo: on the off chance they did go down this road, Jericho would have to open up some kind of a storyline with a diva that would fit the plot. To be honest I think this one is more wishful thinking.

3. Chris Jericho and Stephanie McMahon

As for the little girl in the 1-2-2012 promos, one of the possibilities could be Stephanie McMahon. Jericho and Stephanie have a long history together. If this does happen, I would not be surprised if Stephanie replaced John Lauanitis, with Chris Jericho as the RAW General Manager somewhere down the line.

A good reason for this is Jericho might target John Cena up through WrestleMania. Cena was the one who made Jericho “leave” the WWE. He could very well be back for some revenge. The only problem with this angle is Cena is in a deep angle with Kane. I don’t think Jericho has come back just to sit in the background.

2. Chris Jericho vs Undertaker at WrestleMania 28

One of the reasons I think Chris Jericho could be here, is that he is looking to face The Undertaker at WrestleMania28. Jericho has won just about every award or title in the WWE and WCW. Defeating the Undertaker is something that no man has ever done. It would make perfect sense that Jericho is here to stop The Dead Man from achieving 20 and 0.

If they did go with this angle, a great diva to bring in for this Story is Undertaker’s wife: Michelle McCool. I would like to see McCool play it out where she is on Jericho’s side at first, because of some personal problems she’s having with The Dead Man. Obviously there would be some double cross along the way, and McCool would return to her husband, but I think this angle could very well work.

1. Chris Jericho vs CM Punk at WrestleMania 28

Next to the Undertaker, this feud has been one of the bigger talks since the 1-2-12 promos. Ashley, is a good friend of mine, and is a host on our internet-talk show: WrestleDown on Wednesday Nights on Blogtalkradio.com (plug). Ashley suggested that the little girl in the videos are representing CM Punk, as he was peeking over Jericho’s shoulder to see what he was writing. Some have said Punk’s character resembles Chris Jericho in some ways. He most certainly has closed in on Jericho’s catch phrase: “I’m the best in the world, at what I do today.” As for the characteristics, I don’t see much between the two. Both have great mic skills, know how to pop the crowd, and are excellent in the ring, but nothing really similar. It would be a great match, but if this happens, I am hoping it’s a non title match. Jericho has been gone for far too long to come right back for a World/WWE Title Match.

Other mentions:
-Jericho’s reason for returning is winning the Royal Rumble.

-Jericho is here to announce the real 01-2-12

I don’t see this one happening, but someone thought it would be funny if Jericho came out, and said that he was just here to announce the big 1-2-12 name. However since Jericho came out, ran around the ring for 20 minutes and said nothing, that’s very unlikely. Credit to AndySOB.

-Jericho’s main reason for coming back is he is being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame.
There is no doubt that Jericho will one day be a Hall of Famer, but I don’t see the 1-2-12 promos and the HoF having anything to do with each other.
It’s not really clear as to why Chris Jericho is here. There are a few strong possibilities, a few silly ones, and there are just those possibilities I would like to see. Jericho is a phenomenal talent wherever you put him, and there is no doubt he will bring back some new fire to the show.

Well that’s the rest of this Splash. If any of you have a thought as to why Chris Jericho is here, feel free to post it. I’ll do my best to give you all a holler out next time! Until next time splashers…See you when I See you!
Rick Starr @RickStarr

Attached Thumbnails Attached Images

Submit "Top 5 Reasons for Jericho's Return:" to Digg Submit "Top 5 Reasons for Jericho's Return:" to del.icio.us Submit "Top 5 Reasons for Jericho's Return:" to StumbleUpon Submit "Top 5 Reasons for Jericho's Return:" to Google

Updated 01-06-2012 at 10:03 PM by Rick Starr

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    the 1st time he left it was Cena cause it was You're fired match.
    the 2nd was the Randy Orton punt.
    Great blog....
    Really don't think Jericho the GM replacement.... I rather see Taker vs Jericho while it can happen then maybe Jericho and Punk at Summer Slam...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

© 2011 eWrestlingNews, All Rights Reserved.